*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

708,868 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CFTXAG10
AG
Beat40 said:

Coincidence we've played worse without House?

The difference is Capela. Teams are exploiting the paint in his absence. Okafor had whatever he wanted all night.

Even when we had Capela though I don't see any difference Bizdelik has made since returning. His scheme or lack thereof is a glaring issue. Hasn't made many noticeable adjustments
Hickory High
AG
No worries, fam. There's way too many players out there to keep up with.
Johnsy3
AG
Paul +11
Gordon +4
Tucker +1

Faried -2
Ennis -4
Harden -5
Green -5
Nene -9
Rivers -16
rvk246
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Beat40 said:

Coincidence we've played worse without House?

The difference is Capela. Teams are exploiting the paint in his absence. Okafor had whatever he wanted all night.

Even when we had Capela though I don't see any difference Bizdelik has made since returning. His scheme or lack thereof is a glaring issue. Hasn't made many noticeable adjustments

Yep bzdelik has literally been stealing money from us this season
rvk246
AG
I hope I'm wrong but barring a major culture change defensively, we are going to lose in the first round this year. No trades can fix a broken defense.
Hickory High
AG
No way. How is he supposed to build a defense without ANY rim protection with Capela hurt? When Capela was healthy, we were in the top half of the league in defensive rating.
CFTXAG10
AG
Now I'm kinda glad TNT is blacked out so I don't have to listen to SHAQ and Chuck talk ****
Aggie09Derek
AG
70 pts given up in the paint
Aggie1199
So is house coming back or no ?
rvk246
AG
Hickory High said:

When Capela was healthy, we were in the top half of the league in defensive rating.

I have no clue where you got that from but we are 26th in defensive efficiency over this season so far. That is ****ing pathetic and is a massive decrease from being 6th a season ago.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Now I'm kinda glad TNT is blacked out so I don't have to listen to SHAQ and Chuck talk ****
It was even worse. It was a Players Only broadcast, so we got Chris Webber and Candace Parker. Isiah Thomas was doing play-by-play.
Hickory High
AG
rvk246 said:

Hickory High said:

When Capela was healthy, we were in the top half of the league in defensive rating.

I have no clue where you got that from but we are 26th in defensive efficiency over this season so far. That is ****ing pathetic and is a massive decrease from being 6th a season ago.

Is that ruling out the games before Coach B was back with the team? Because I know we were bottom 5 for those two months, and it would skew the data.
Texaggie7nine
Why we gotta suck when I go to games.
7nine
WES2006AG
AG
Last night was especially bad considering we have to go on the road for a b2b with Denver and Utah next.

Jokic and Gobert have to be excited.
Beat40
I am with you and agree it's due to Capela. I was saying it tongue-in-cheek.

Can't wait to get him back. We need him badly.
Old Wooden Ship
AG
Going to the game in Denver tomorrow night. Hopefully get some ridiculous performance out of Harden to bounce back from the other night.
k20dub
AG
Porzingis to the Mavs
WES2006AG
AG
k20dub said:

Porzingis to the Mavs
k20dub
AG
Rumors are DeAndre to NY as a potential buyout. I wouldn't mind having DeAndre and Capela
lil99chris
AG
Doncic and Porzingis.....interesting combo.
WES2006AG
AG
I don't know what the Knicks are getting in return but I am sure they are getting fleeced. How do you remain so bad for so long in that market?
bearkatag15
AG
WES2006AG said:

I don't know what the Knicks are getting in return but I am sure they are getting fleeced. How do you remain so bad for so long in that market?
I saw that this deal will get their available cap space up to $75 million for next year. Who are the big free agents next season?

Edit: looks like the top 5 free agents are Durant, Kawhi, Kyrie Irving, Jimmy Butler and Klay Thompson
WES2006AG
AG
bearkatag15 said:

WES2006AG said:

I saw that this deal will get their available cap space up to $75 million for next year. Who are the big free agents next season?
If they are able to land a big star it will be the first time since Caramelo I believe.
rvk246
AG
Maybe the knicks know that they're getting kd and someone else in free agency? Otherwise this is trade rape almost on the level of the 2012 Harden trade.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
rvk246 said:

Maybe the knicks know that they're getting kd and someone else in free agency? Otherwise this is trade rape almost on the level of the 2012 Harden trade.
Porzingis walked into that front office, voiced valid concerns, and got traded for Deandre Jordan 5 minutes later. What superstar in their right mind would want to play for that organization.
JoeMalakas97
AG

Now its Moreytime
3rdGen2015
AG
Would we be interested in Wes Matthews if he gets waived? I don't know how he did in Dallas. I remember him being a good player for Portland when he was there prior to his injury. He's a career 38% 3PT shooter.
Carlo4
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Would we be interested in Wes Matthews if he gets waived? I don't know how he did in Dallas. I remember him being a good player for Portland when he was there prior to his injury. He's a career 38% 3PT shooter.
As a mavs fan, dude has been horrible. I wouldn't want him, Barnes, or Jordan on the team. They have cost them many times this year.
rvk246
AG
If the knicks waive deandre Jordan I'll gladly take him as a starter until capela returns.
bearkatag15
AG
rvk246 said:

If the knicks waive deandre Jordan I'll gladly take him as a starter until capela returns.
And once Clint come back run some lob city action with both on the court from time to time each game.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
rvk246 said:

Meh. I'm good with Faried's 15/10/2/1.5 on a minimum deal.
rvk246
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

rvk246 said:

Meh. I'm good with Faried's 15/10/2/1.5 on a minimum deal.

Completely disagree. Faried isn't big enough to protect the paint or rebound over 7 ft centers. We're gonna continue to get absolutely destroyed both on the glass and in the paint if we don't get a makeshift defensive 7ft center. And Jordan will also be on a minimum deal.
Carlo4
AG
rvk246 said:

One more I'll be done. Aggie or not, this guy is a horrible defender. Have fun with 8-10 points on uncontested layups from guards as he watches.

Trust me, you don't want him. Maybe he will play better with a contender (and 70% FT shooting is a huge improvement), but he didn't show it as a Mav.
rvk246
AG
PDEMDHC said:

rvk246 said:

One more I'll be done. Aggie or not, this guy is a horrible defender. Have fun with 8-10 points on uncontested layups from guards as he watches.

Trust me, you don't want him. Maybe he will play better with a contender (and 70% FT shooting is a huge improvement), but he didn't show it as a Mav.

I know he isn't good but he's much better than what the rockets have now. We can't stop anybody from scoring in the paint.
First Page Last Page
Page 59 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.