*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

710,074 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Forum Troll
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kawhi is great and all, but I don't think the current 76ers compare to this Warriors dynasty.
lil99chris
AG
If Kawhi does not hit that amazing shot to win the game and the 76ers beat the Raptors in OT.......people would be blaming Kawhi for the missed FT to put the Raptors up by 3.

I am also sure if you were a Raptors fan you would be complaining about why is Kawhi sitting for 2 1/2 minutes at the start of the 4th quarter of the most important game of the season.

....but the Raptors won, so all is forgotten.
Gigem Trevas
Lets take a poll. Who would rather have Harden over Kawhi?
Harry Dunne
k20dub said:

Imagine being a Spurs fan and see Kawhi ball out like he did this year and in the playoffs.
Yeah that would be hard, but watching a guy that won their 5th title since our last championship & was finals MVP do well for another team (that is not going to win a title anyway) would not be as hard as continuing to watch our team flounder in the playoffs.

Spurs suck, Pop is a bridge troll, SA has fat women, blah, blah, blah...but let's not pretend just to make ourselves feel better.
Aggie95
AG
bigcat22 said:

Saw this on twitter, anyone know if there's any truth to it...

It's true...instead of "playing games" with Steph, CP3 should have been in the gym working on his shot.
Mr.Bond
AG
CP3 had a pretty phenomenal game 6
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Texan_Aggie
AG
Mr.Bond said:

CP3 had a pretty phenomenal game 6
Good, not phenomenal. Problem is games 1-5 looked like this:

Gm 1: 17-3-4
Gm 2: 18-7-6
Gm 3: 14-8-7
Gm 4: 13-8-5
Gm 5: 11-6-6

These are the stats of where you want your 3rd/4th best player to be.
WES2006AG
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

Does this include the year that Kawahi took off when he was clearly not injured and just didn't like the situation he was in or do we get him after his temper tantrum and before the next time he decides to take a year off?

Just trying to figure out if we are accounting for him quitting?
Farmer1906
AG
It wasn't a good look at all. Threw up a prayer and it went in.
Hickory High
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

I'm a Kawhi truther who thinks that the Spurs ****ed him over with the injury thing, so give me Kawhi.

Dude has that extra edge that Harden has yet to show in the playoffs. And he's an all-world defender.
Hickory High
AG
Farmer1906 said:

It wasn't a good look at all. Threw up a prayer and it went in.
All that matters.

Besides, people rarely get good looks on a last-second shot in the NBA anyway.
Isaih Smollett
Spurs should've done everything necessary to keep a player like that, including trades / forced retirements / firing Pop
WES2006AG
AG
machine20 said:

Spurs should've done everything necessary to keep a player like that, including trades / forced retirements / firing Pop
He faked an injury to sit out a season. They are lucky they were able to flip him for what they got. Kawahi didn't like his situation so he quit. If I were the Spurs front office I would have tried to get some of that salary back.

Either way dude is a head case. Great player but he will quit again next time something isn't to his liking.
Hickory High
AG
WES2006AG said:

machine20 said:

He faked an injury to sit out a season. They are lucky they were able to flip him for what they got. Kawahi didn't like his situation so he quit. If I were the Spurs front office I would have tried to get some of that salary back.

Either way dude is a head case. Great player but he will quit again next time something isn't to his liking.
I don't buy the Spurs narrative whatsoever. I think Kawhi honestly believed he was hurt, and the Spurs pressured him to come back from injury since it was gonna be Tony Parker and Manu's last year. Kawhi wouldn't do it, so the Spurs took control of the narrative.
WES2006AG
AG
Hickory High said:

WES2006AG said:

machine20 said:

I don't buy the Spurs narrative whatsoever. I think Kawhi honestly believed he was hurt, and the Spurs pressured him to come back from injury since it was gonna be Tony Parker and Manu's last year. Kawhi wouldn't do it, so the Spurs took control of the narrative.
He didn't sit out even one game to start this season. When did he have surgery? Could he have come back at any point in the season he chose to sit out in SA? I bet he could have, and they would have been a good team.

Dude quit, that is even worse than KD being a ***** and taking the easy way out.
rvk246
AG
WES2006AG said:

Hickory High said:

WES2006AG said:

machine20 said:

He didn't sit out even one game to start this season. When did he have surgery? Could he have come back at any point in the season he chose to sit out in SA? I bet he could have, and they would have been a good team.

Dude quit, that is even worse than KD being a ***** and taking the easy way out.

Yeah if he was injured all of last season, it's strange that he looks this good now plus the spurs doctors cleared him and said he was healthy too. I bet he faked his injury to get out of SA (which I'm okay with because I hate them)
Hickory High
AG
WES2006AG said:

Hickory High said:

WES2006AG said:

machine20 said:

I think that since undoubtedly there are numerous details regarding the injury that we don't know, the player should receive the benefit of the doubt. Same with Clint Capela. Maybe he played at the beginning because that's the competitor that he really is.

Innocent until proven guilty.
Hickory High
AG
rvk246 said:

WES2006AG said:

Hickory High said:

WES2006AG said:

machine20 said:

Yeah if he was injured all of last season, it's strange that he looks this good now plus the spurs doctors cleared him and said he was healthy too. I bet he faked his injury to get out of SA (which I'm okay with because I hate them)
Team doctors are ALWAYS incentivized to clear guys to play. They're paid by the TEAM. So of course the Spurs team doctors said Kawhi could play, it's in the teams best interest that he does.
WES2006AG
AG
Hickory High said:

WES2006AG said:

Hickory High said:

WES2006AG said:

machine20 said:

I think that since undoubtedly there are numerous details regarding the injury that we don't know, the player should receive the benefit of the doubt. Same with Clint Capela. Maybe he played at the beginning because that's the competitor that he really is.

Innocent until proven guilty.
He couldn't even be bothered to be with the team at all last season while he was "injured" and he was playing Fortnite as SA was getting eliminated in the playoffs.

I have no idea why you think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Dude is a quitter and should be treated as such.
Hickory High
AG
"Dude is a quitter because he is."

I mean come on, playing Fortnite?? If he's hurt, what else do you want the guy to do when he's not rehabbing?

Nothing in your post addresses the points I made. You just restated your original post. It all sounds just so unfounded.
lil99chris
AG
Hickory High said:

"Dude is a quitter because he is."

I mean come on, playing Fortnite?? If he's hurt, what else do you want the guy to do when he's not rehabbing?

Nothing in your post addresses the points I made. You just restated your original post. It all sounds just so unfounded.

....supporting your team in the playoffs.

https://instagr.am/p/BxTvc4sjTHi
OlRock
AG
Not that this hasn't been beat to death, or that you care, but I believe most Spurs followers believe the following...

For many spurs followers the entire ordeal was odd from the beginning. If you go look at the timeline of events and see where we are today, the picture appears to be much clearer, IMO.

Kawhi was suddenly hurt with a "new" injury and scheduled to miss the preseason after looking salty at full strength against GSW in the conference finals (until the ankle injury of course). So, that doesn't seem too odd that he'll miss the preseason but, what's up with a hurt quad all of the sudden? Surely, that's just Pop being Pop, right?

Oh, wait, and now he's missing the start of the regular season even when Pop straight up said he'll be ready to go for regular season? Hmm, how did he hurt his quad again? What in the hell is going on? Kawhi hasn't addressed anything, but damn this injury must be serious.

He continues to miss games. No big deal, Spurs know he is a beast and he must be ready for the playoff push probably around the halfway mark. The season limps on with still, no real substantial intel on what is going on, oh but here comes Kawhi after the new year ready to take the court. He plays like 2-3 games and now he's out indefinitely per the Spurs this time. Hmm he looked fine in his return, what's going on here? Rumore begin to surface of the fall out.

So, what just happened? From a Spurs follower perspective the situation just got real and has now turned into a MVP caliber player and his "odd" uncle (who most have heard about one way or the other while Kawhi has been in town. And said uncle does not have a good rep regarding past comments and his Lavar Ballish ways) versus the Spurs, who many consider one of the best ran organizations in all of sports.

To many Spurs followers it is more than clear that he simply wanted out of San Antonio. Injury or not, he took the injury situation as his way to get out. Hell, it was probably better his way versus what AD did to the Pelicans.

So, yes, he is absolutely a quitter. But get him in a place where he is happy, and he can deliver performances like what he's doing right now, no doubt. As we all sit today, we still have no idea where he'll be next season.

You have to believe the Spurs tried like hell to keep him and since they were unable to do so, you can easily understand he quit on the Spurs because he was ready to go elsewhere. There was nothing the spurs could do and they switched the focus on making the best trade they could. Every report out there still seemingly says he wants to be on the west coast, period.
03_Aggie
Hickory High said:

Team doctors are ALWAYS incentivized to clear guys to play. They're paid by the TEAM. So of course the Spurs team doctors said Kawhi could play, it's in the teams best interest that he does.

Not so sure that is the case. Pretty sure the Rockets "team doctors" are doctors from Memorial Herman via a partnership. And I'm pretty sure Memorial Herman is paying the Rockets for the ability to claim "official healthcare provider of the Houston Rockets."

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Hickory High said:

rvk246 said:

WES2006AG said:

Hickory High said:

WES2006AG said:

machine20 said:

That would be the easiest lawsuit ever. Doctors no matter who they are paid by are still bound by their Hippocrates oath and the best interest of the patient.
OlRock
AG
hence why the spurs decided to play their cards by pronouncing him clear to play. In other words, hey NBA we really are serious that we are trying to trade KL. Please take our phone calls seriously.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Take it to the Spurs board, jeez.
HossAg
AG
Hickory High is a terrible Houston sports fan.
Truvada_for_prep
Why has staff allowed trolling by other fans on this thread since game 6 and after.

[We don't. Posters choose to gripe on threads but not use the voting function to alert us to posts that need to be removed. -Staff]
Hickory High
AG
HossAg said:

Hickory High is a terrible Houston sports fan.

****ing how???

I'm the one who's saying it's the SPURS fault
WES2006AG
AG
Truvada_for_prep said:

Why has staff allowed trolling by other fans on this thread since game 6 and after.
Just flag them and move on. Some people have so little going on in life that they feel the need to troll a thread for Rockets fans on the NBA board of Texags. It is more a reflection of them than it is anything to do with the Rockets.
Truvada_for_prep
LiveOak said:

Quote:

Why has staff allowed trolling by other fans on this thread since game 6 and after?

Bc HOU lost in shocking fashion. And it's funny.

Whose your team ? Also flagged and sent to staff for trolling which is against the rules of this forum.
WES2006AG
AG
Thanks staff for taking out the trash
CFTXAG10
AG
I don't even want to post the clip, but Chris Broussard never ceases to amaze me with is idiocy. He said he wants the Rockets to call the Sixers and offer CP3 for Ben Simmons. The sad thing is he gets paid to to come up with this nonsense.
k20dub
AG
Looking at the stats against the Warriors

Harden averaged 34.8 ppg on 35.10% on 3's, 5.5 ast, 7 reb, 2.2 stl

Curry averaged 23.8 ppg on 27.90% on 3's, 5.0 ast, 4.7 reb, 1.0 stl

Durant averaged 33.2 ppg on 43.8% on 3's, 4.4 ast, 5.0 reb, 0.8 stl

Harden went toe to toe with two of the top 25 guys of all time and even outperformed them numbers-wise. Yes, Curry came through when it mattered most and had the best 2nd half of his career. The Rockets lost to an all-time team.

"Next year is our year" is the most overused phrase in all of sports, but as long as this ridiculous super team is broken up this summer, I truly believe we can make the finals with Harden.
CFTXAG10
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

Stats are not indicative of wins.

True.

Harden puts up meaningless numbers in the playoffs time and time again.

False.
First Page Last Page
Page 222 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.