*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

715,996 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Memphis 7 said:

I would trade harden for any one of the warriors top 3.

It's comments like this that make me question just how dumb can our fanbase be.
Texas A&M
Farmer1906 said:

Memphis 7 said:

I would trade harden for any one of the warriors top 3.

It's comments like this that make me question just how dumb can our fanbase be.
Thompson is the only one that would be a 'maybe'. But Curry or Durant would be a no-brainer.
Texas A&M
PoppaB05 said:

I'm having a hard time believing that Faried and House couldn't have given us better minutes than Capela and Green. Dantoni freezes at really inopportune times
Did we ever hear why Faried was inactive for Game 5?
Forum Troll
AG
Texas A&M said:

PoppaB05 said:

I'm having a hard time believing that Faried and House couldn't have given us better minutes than Capela and Green. Dantoni freezes at really inopportune times
Did we ever hear why Faried was inactive for Game 5?

Ramadan?
Frok
AG
k20dub
AG
AG@RICE
AG
mazag08 said:

I wish we could trade Capela for Deandre. If we're gonna have a huge contract for a center, I want one who is not a poos.
What evidence do you have that Deandre Jordan is a good basketball player at this point. He plays lazy defense and is not nearly as quick as he used to be. No thanks.

Capela was an f'n trainwreck in this series, but Deandre would have been completely unplayable.
Good Poster
AG
And the Rockets are now in cap hell
DTP02
AG
While I'm not a big Rockets guy I was rooting hard for the Rockets this series and last night.

But, man, it's frustrating to watch a guy as good and as talented as Harden take plays off in an elimination game and make bonehead plays in crunch time, and just generally shrink from the moment. As good as he is, I can't think of another example of a superstar player exhibiting those character traits in a critical game.

Part of it may be the failure of his coaches to break him of those bad habits. McHale wasn't a good coach and DAntoni is not a good playoff coach. You can get away with the little things (and not so little things, like defense) he doesn't demand during the regular season, but that's what loses close playoff games.
Forum Troll
AG
Team needs some length and a better rebounding mentality. They got killed on the boards in loss, especially offensive second chances.
mwm
The Rockets wet the bed. Game 5, IMO, was their chance to rise and they fell. Again.
s13fenton
I am not a Rockets fan but watch most of their games due to living in Houston. I think the problem with the team starts at the top. Morey and Dantoni have never lead teams to anything but early playoff exits, but carry themselves as if they are the best coach/GM combo the league has ever seen. Dantoni might be the most overrated coach in the NBA, I know the Rockets are all in on analytics but their offense is literally the complexity of a 7th grade AAU team. Rarely any motion, guys standing in spots for the whole shot clock, the Warriors were leaving the 15-20 ft jumpers wide open knowing the Rockets wouldn't even think about shooting them. I didn't agree with CP3's contract at all and hindsight is always 20/20 watching Lou Williams, Beverly, and Harrell give the Warriors issues in the first round. Makes you wonder what the series would have looked like had those guys been in Houston.
ATM9000
AG
s13fenton said:

I am not a Rockets fan but watch most of their games due to living in Houston. I think the problem with the team starts at the top. Morey and Dantoni have never lead teams to anything but early playoff exits, but carry themselves as if they are the best coach/GM combo the league has ever seen. Dantoni might be the most overrated coach in the NBA, I know the Rockets are all in on analytics but their offense is literally the complexity of a 7th grade AAU team. Rarely any motion, guys standing in spots for the whole shot clock, the Warriors were leaving the 15-20 ft jumpers wide open knowing the Rockets wouldn't even think about shooting them. I didn't agree with CP3's contract at all and hindsight is always 20/20 watching Lou Williams, Beverly, and Harrell give the Warriors issues in the first round. Makes you wonder what the series would have looked like had those guys been in Houston.

This is what annoys me about the way NBA is covered.., yeah the Clips got to 6 games with the Warriors. The Warriors manhandled the Clippers in 3 of their wins and at no point in the series did the Clippers hold control of that series.

Different conference, but same with the 'feisty' Nets. They win game 1 then get totally destroyed the balance of the series, but everyone acts like the Nets gave the Sixers a real scare.

There's a lot of subtle movement in the Rockets offense especially early in sets,.. it is all predicated on taking advantage of Harden, Gordon and to a lesser extent Paul's ability 1 on 1 in terrible mismatches. There's lot of movement that occurs to set those matchups up prior to attack. It is what most teams try to do now in offense. The Rockets offense has been outstanding for 3 seasons now and the results speak for themselves in that space.

The Rockets problem against the Warriors is the switch everything defense... it works well to put a lid on good shots... but they need their big guy to be a monster on the boards because switch everything tends to kill clear accountability on the boards. Capela didn't come through in that role which is a drag because of how well he played this season.
CFTXAG10
AG
Thats a great observation. Especially the last part, some of those switches left our small guards to try and rebound against the bigs from the Warriors. That allowed a lot of second chance opportunities which are obviously killers against an all-time great team like Golden State.
biobioprof
Money Ag said:

And the Rockets are now in cap hell
username checks out.
ATM9000
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Thats a great observation. Especially the last part, some of those switches left our small guards to try and rebound against the bigs from the Warriors. That allowed a lot of second chance opportunities which are obviously killers against an all-time great team like Golden State.

I don't understand why people are attacking the Rocket's scheme or set up... it has worked tremendously well on both sides of the court for like 3 seasons now. They don't have big changes to make.

The Warriors are about to likely 3 peat in a few weeks here and win their 4th in 5 seasons. They are an all time great team which takes both unbelievable talent and coaching, they are a full package team and juggernaut. They might lose Durant this offseason and guess what? They'll probably still be the best team in the West. I think it is highly likely the Rockets Warriors angle plays out again next May... and the only way any team including the Rockets finally takes them out is if every player shows up with their A game. The Rockets just didn't do that this season again.

When the Cavs beat them, it took everything they had including every player in their rotation doing their role at their best or close to it.
CFTXAG10
AG

Quote:

They are an all time great team which takes both unbelievable talent and coaching, they are a full package team and juggernaut. They might lose Durant this offseason and guess what? They'll probably still be the best team in the West.
I had some thoughts on their team and how it impacts us this morning.

1) You are right, they are an all-time great team, they've only lost one series in recent memory and it took an incredible effort by the Cavs coming back down 3-1. They took a 70+ win team and added one of the best players in the NBA, and arguable THE best. Tough to beat that.

2) I think Morey will have to "sit on his hands" until the offseason to see what happens to the Warriors. He is already hamstrung by the payroll on this team, but I think he can make some moves like he did at the start of the season to make us better. Houston is still a great place to come play if you want to take a shot at the champs year in and year out.

3) I want more guys with the attitude, heart, and hustle that PJ Tucker has. Guys that are hungry and won't fold like a lawn chair at the first sign of adversity. I haven't looked at the $ situation just yet but take Bev for instance, he was making a little over 5 mill this year (a bargain). Would love a motor like that back on this team.
ATM9000
AG
They have cap things to work out and I'm not sure how it is going to work, but I have no doubt after Harden's comments and, frankly, the **** competitive basketball year he had, that Ariza is coming back next season.
s13fenton
Good breakdown, and I know I was a bit harsh/hyperbolized my comments on the Rockets offense haha. My point still stands though, Dantoni has always had great offenses that never win him titles. Harden is just this decade's Steve Nash. The Warriors they lost to last night was not the same team that has won 3 titles, and something will have to change if it is going to be any different in the future.
Truvada_for_prep
anyone know why the Mother of dragons was in Houston?
Ags #1
AG
How was that not the same team that won 3 titles? The first one they win without Durant?
Boiling Denim
Boogie out
KD out
0 first half points from Curry
Home game
Still lost

They are flat out better than us. In just about every facet of the game.

The 3 on 1 fastbreak we botched late in the game defines this team and it's issues.
CFTXAG10
AG
Truvada_for_prep said:

She is appearing at ComicPalooza at GRB
lil99chris
AG
Warriors are a great team without Durant. Klay and Seth are a perfect duo. Iguodala and Green know their role in the system and do a pretty darn good job. Livingston is a good bench player. Looney is a pretty solid big man that beat the Rockets for a ton of rebounds.

....with Durant, they are nearly unstoppable.

I get being down on the team's performance last night, but the Warriors run a great system that has won multiple championships. Rockets were given every opportunity to have a game 7 (Durant out, foul trouble for multiple players, and at home), but did not get it done.
Post removed:
by user
Bunk Moreland
Truvada_for_prep said:

Picking up tips for tomorrow night. Needed to see how a champion goes to someone's home turf and destroys them.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
third coast.. said:

Wtf is a mother of dragons?

Really?
WES2006AG
AG
third coast.. said:

Wtf is a mother of dragons?

One of the stars from Game of Thrones was sitting court side last night.
Dan Scott
AG
I'm tired of hearing the Rockets system can't beat the Warriors or win a championship. Only the Cavs have beat them and that was because dumbass Draymond got himself suspended and Cavs had a super team too.
rgag12
AG
Dan Scott said:

I'm tired of hearing the Rockets system can't beat the Warriors or win a championship. Only the Cavs have beat them and that was because dumbass Draymond got himself suspended and Cavs had a super team too.

Edit: The Clippers beat them in 2014 when they had Draymond
Dan Scott
AG
2014 warriors does not equal 2015 warriors-present. Cmon don't be dumb
Trillary Clinton
Harden needs to go
Truvada_for_prep
Bunk Moreland said:

Truvada_for_prep said:

Picking up tips for tomorrow night. Needed to see how a champion goes to someone's home turf and destroys them.

Was this supposed to be funny ? Aren't you a mavs fan lol ?
Nino Brown
It's not about "systems" necessarily it's about showing the warriors something else from time to time. For example, whoever Curry was guarding either Harden or Paul, take curry down to the box and post him up every once and awhile. And for anyone says that's not their game get serious. We don't take advantages of others weaknesses enough. They just play their system and hope it's good enough. Well, it's not.
First Page Last Page
Page 220 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.