*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,795 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
QBCade
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn, I understand being upset with losing, but y'all are over the top. Y'all just lost to the eventual Champs. It took an amazing game from the Dubs to beat y'all in Htown. Curry wasn't good in the 1st, but went off in the 2nd. Houston would've won the championship if they got by GSW. Y'all have the 2nd best team in the NBA! Sheesh, chill. You're just running into the Warriors on a ridiculous run.
biobioprof
j_davis01 said:

We can say we blew it all we want (which we did IMO) but we cant expect to win a game and for a team that has 4 other all stars and another MVP (2x) to just not play. GS is the most talented team in the league with or without KD and they showed it tonight
Cook, Jerebko, and Looney on the floor at the same time.
Grapesoda2525
QBCade said:

Damn, I understand being upset with losing, but y'all are over the top. Y'all just lost to the eventual Champs. It took an amazing game from the Dubs to beat y'all in Htown. Curry wasn't good in the 1st, but went off in the 2nd. Houston would've won the championship if they got by GSW. Y'all have the 2nd best team in the NBA! Sheesh, chill. You're just running into the Warriors on a ridiculous run.
Bucks / raptors are really good. I'm not so sure about rockets being 2nd best.
Frok
AG
QBCade said:

Oh yay....moral victory guys
lil99chris
AG
Morey isn't going anywhere. Dude just signed an extension in March.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/03/13/daryl-morey-rockets-general-manager-five-year-contract-extension
QBCade
AG
Btw, the run it back chatter is BS. What killed the Warriors last year was Iggy being hurt. He's key to the success. As a Warriors fan, I'm interested to see who they bring in for next year as he's aging and always injured now.
Hickory High
AG
[Take a day off - Texags Staff]
Seven Costanza
AG
Not a Rockets fan, but I expect Houston to be the favorites to win it all next season with Durant's impending departure.
k20dub
AG
QBCade said:

WES2006AG
AG
It's been a weird season. We started off horribly and then looked like a really good team most of this calendar year.

With that said we were never better than the Warriors, KD going out got our hopes up but they are really talented.

We will look back on this era and wonder what it could have been if the Warriors hadn't existed.

That loss hurts but there is hope. Maybe KD leave for NY, Klay goes to LA and the have to max Draymond. They would be pretty average at that point. Either way the West is murder as usual.
CFTXAG10
AG
As an aside, had a great time talking Rockets ball with everyone again this season and in the playoffs. Gonna take some time to get over this one, but we will be back.
jakeaggie84
AG
Trade harden and Paul for lebron and Caruso!!
3rdGen2015
AG
QBCade said:

Btw, the run it back chatter is BS. What killed the Warriors last year was Iggy being hurt. He's key to the success. As a Warriors fan, I'm interested to see who they bring in for next year as he's aging and always injured now.

**** off with this take.

(The Iggy injury part).
Frok
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Not a Rockets fan, but I expect Houston to be the favorites to win it all next season with Durant's impending departure.

Yeah, sure worked for us this series
QBCade
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

QBCade said:

**** off with this take.

(The Iggy injury part).

Y'all really just need to get rid of CP3. He's a punk and a loser
QBCade
AG
QBCade said:

3rdGen2015 said:

QBCade said:

**** off with this take.

(The Iggy injury part).

Y'all really just need to get rid of CP3. He's a punk and a loser

And, just look at the Warriors without Iggy or with him hurt. Speaks for itself
bigcat22
AG
Seven Costanza said:

They definitely won't be as dominant without KD, but let's not forget they won 1 (and shoulda won another) championship before he got there.
lil99chris
AG
Everyone talks about Durant leaving. Can't Thompson move on too?
30wedge
QBCade said:

Except the Warriors have a ridiculous run when they get the Rockets in the playoffs.
kb2001
AG
Frok said:

Seven Costanza said:

Yeah, sure worked for us this series
There's a massive difference between a team stepping up for a few games or a stretch when one guy gets injured and that team adjusting to the player no longer being on the team. I'm not saying I agree with the other post, but don't pretend it's the same thing
1876er
AG
lil99chris said:

Everyone talks about Durant leaving. Can't Thompson move on too?

I would assume if KD goes that frees them to give Klay a max deal
CoachRTM
AG
Next year is THE year to run it back assuming KD leaves for NY.

Have to like our odds in a 7 game series without Durant.... at least moreso than the last 5 years.
bearkatag15
AG

I agree with this take. Harden is probably just the Malone, Stockton, Ewing of this generation...
Texan_Aggie
AG
rambo_99 said:

Trade harden. He's a born loser. Never gonna win. He's the rockets version of Sherman.

Trade him for a couch cushion. Get his loser stink away from the franchise. He's a hyped up demar derozen - a loser through and through.

Dumb post of the year candidate. Trade Harden for what exactly? "Oh he sucks get rid of him". Well, unless you plan on finding better, which will be highly unlikely, that's a dumb thing to do.
1876er
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I agree with this take. Harden is probably just the Malone, Stockton, Ewing of this generation...

Damn. I forgot Ewing never got a ring either.
WES2006AG
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

rambo_99 said:

Trade harden. He's a born loser. Never gonna win. He's the rockets version of Sherman.

Trade him for a couch cushion. Get his loser stink away from the franchise. He's a hyped up demar derozen - a loser through and through.

Dumb post of the year candidate. Trade Harden for what exactly? "Oh he sucks get rid of him". Well, unless you plan on finding better, which will be highly unlikely, that's a dumb thing to do.

In the NBA teams that have to trade stars get scraps in return. It's always a bad move.
rambo_99
Time to recalibrate expectations for me. Next regular season will be awesome. Playoffs ain't gonna happen so let's just admire harden for what he is. Seriously one of the all time greats and best offensive player since Jordan. His step back is up there with all time unguardable moves.
lil99chris
AG
...2019 free agents?!?!?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20229609/nba-free-agents-team-team-lists-2019-2020
AG@RICE
AG
A while back on Bill Simmons' podcast, Darryl Morey started talking about soccer analytics and his big claim was that focusing on ball possession is overrated. He stated that specific strategy only works for the best teams because they have the best players. Those players would be successful using any strategy and a more direct approach should be used. He felt the "best" strategy maximizes the number of quality scoring chances you create, because scoring wins games. The problem with that viewpoint is that it fails to capture something that is immeasurable. Ball control in soccer can slowly erode the moral and concentration of your opponent making it easier to break them in the most intense moments.

I think Morey (et al.) is making the same mistake with our Harden iso-dominated approach. Sharing the ball on the offensive end has the same effect that ball possession does in soccer. It demoralizes and confuses. It is the only way to win a championship unless you have a significant talent edge. Phil Jackson knew that, Pop knows it, unfortunately Kerr knows it, and hopefully the Rockets can learn it.

It is easy for Harden to be productive in this particular offensive system, but it lacks complexity. Harden is a really good player and he is still capable of winning a championship, but the TEAM needs to adopt a different approach. By making everyone participate on the offensive end you actually make the game easier for Harden and take the pressure off him.

Harden can learn to be great in any system. Stepback 3s and one-on-one will work great in the regular season, but intense playoff basketball requires a more balanced approach.
Grapesoda2525
Forum Troll said:

Does GS march to another title? I dont think they'll have a lot of trouble from Denver or Portland. And I don't think Milwaukee can win a title with Giannis being such a poor shooter for a player of his caliber.

It's very frustrating.

The warriors have made the NBA very boring to watch the last few years. I'm hoping the bucks / raptors could give them a fight. I think Portland would be the tougher matchup for them in the WCF.
PoppaB05
AG
It's not just GS, let's say that the Clippers sign Klay and Kawhi, or even the Lakers get Kawhi. I think both of those teams jump the Rockets. This was their time. Paul is rapidly getting old. Capela better get amazing this summer or the Rockets are in trouble.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

QBCade said:

Bucks / raptors are really good. I'm not so sure about rockets being 2nd best.
cr0wbar
AG
I'm high, and pissed. But I feel weird. I feel two things:

1) This type of gameplay is not built for championships. We're always regular season champions, but we always fold in playoffs. We need to change

2) we are a modern version of the 90s Knicks/ Jazz. We're a damn good team, just arriving at the right time and will be remembered as such.

Isn't that crazy? Man man
CFTXAG10
AG
I also just want to say before I forget: **** the NBA's inconsistent officiating

I said it after game 6 when they could have been called for 3-4 techs and the same applied tonight. Gordon gets mad because they don't call a foul when Bogut is clearly trying to intentionally foul him. Refs T up Gordon. 2 or 3 times Draymond gets called for a foul or gets mad about a missed call and flails his arms or shows up a referee. NOTHING. The double standard is absolute bull**** and kind of sickening.
W
AG
ol' Tilman is finding out the joys of team ownership when you have multiple millstone-around-the-neck contracts
First Page Last Page
Page 218 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.