*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

710,250 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Olsen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ariza should've stayed with us instead of leaving.
JohnnyTexAg1995
We can say we blew it all we want (which we did IMO) but we cant expect to win a game and for a team that has 4 other all stars and another MVP (2x) to just not play. GS is the most talented team in the league with or without KD and they showed it tonight
Pumpkinhead
AG
It was a red flag at halftime when the score was tied despite:

A) rockets at home
B) no Durant
C) Curry in foul trouble with 0 points

Rockets had no excuse not building up some cushion that first half, but GSW got numerous offensive rebounds and second chance points and the Rockets had I think like 11-12 turnovers.
1876er
AG
Beat40 said:

TXAG14 said:

Have to burn it down. MDA isn't the answer. This offense won't win a series like this ever. Kerr coaches circles around him.

I think this offense can work if you have a real shooter out there. Not Austin Rivers, PJ Tucker, or Gerald Green.

Nothing against them, they are fine players and even carried us at points, but I want a real shooter out there that you can feel confident will make a shot when called upon.

CP3 is that guy. He was just bad this playoffs and is at the end of his career.
HossAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

3rdGen2015 said:

I just hate that our championship window happened to be during the same time as arguably the greatest team of all time.
Not even close.

Lakers of the 2000's and bulls of the 90's were a lot better than this team.

Warriors would beat both of those teams today.
CFTXAG10
AG
I am at a loss for words that Capela got outplayed for 6 straight games by the Warriors big men w/o Cousins. I mean every time Kevon Looney was out there it was clear he wanted it more and was the better player.
Forum Troll
AG
So what's the salary difference in looney vs capela? Biggest disappointment in this series imo, considering that both teams use those players in the same way.
JohnnyTexAg1995
I wish we didn't resign capela and could go after Thompson this offseason
lil99chris
AG
ESPN is talking up Curry's 16 points in the final 5.

....8 of those were FTs.
Wabs
AG
1876er said:

Beat40 said:

TXAG14 said:

Have to burn it down. MDA isn't the answer. This offense won't win a series like this ever. Kerr coaches circles around him.

I think this offense can work if you have a real shooter out there. Not Austin Rivers, PJ Tucker, or Gerald Green.

Nothing against them, they are fine players and even carried us at points, but I want a real shooter out there that you can feel confident will make a shot when called upon.

CP3 is that guy. He was just bad this playoffs and is at the end of his career.
Yep, and don't we still owe him $100M+?
CFTXAG10
AG
rambo_99 said:

Trade harden. He's a born loser. Never gonna win. He's the rockets version of Sherman.

Trade him for a couch cushion. Get his loser stink away from the franchise. He's a hyped up demar derozen - a loser through and through.
Staff, please take out the trash
TXAG14
lil99chris said:

....8 of those were FTs.

Dude hit daggers with a bum left hand. Deserves all of the praise IMO.
Frok
AG
maca1028
j_davis01 said:

We can say we blew it all we want (which we did IMO) but we cant expect to win a game and for a team that has 4 other all stars and another MVP (2x) to just not play. GS is the most talented team in the league with or without KD and they showed it tonight

Can't blue star this enough. GS is the most talented team since Kobe and Shaqs Lakers. Take Harden away from the Rockets and they probably don't even make the postseason.
CoachRTM
AG
HossAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

3rdGen2015 said:

I just hate that our championship window happened to be during the same time as arguably the greatest team of all time.
Not even close.

Lakers of the 2000's and bulls of the 90's were a lot better than this team.

Warriors would beat both of those teams today.

Well yea, the Lakers and Bulls players are all 50 years old at this point.
Ag12thman
AG
shhopkins said:

Bucks fan right now.

This. Please take out these jackass, arrogant warriors already. Go Khris Middleton.
STL_aTm
AG
I couldn't be a bigger bucks fan now but geeze, I cant imagine having to to put my NBA hopes and dreams on hardens shoulders year after. Dude has zero heart.
HossAg
AG
lil99chris said:

....8 of those were FTs.

He scored 21 points in the 4th and hit multiple dagger shots. The hype is deserved.
maca1028
Clanton is a chode. Have you noticed that he's bounced around to just about every station in town? There's a reason for that.
Frok
AG
maca1028 said:

Clanton is a chode. Have you noticed that he's bounced around to just about every station in town? There's a reason for that.

Maybe so. But I agree with the tweet.
kb2001
AG
Capela isn't good enough to lock down the middle. He would be good coming off the bench for 15 minutes, but he is definitely a weak spot on this team.

Harden is incredible, but.... He plays cocky to a fault. He showboats a bit, which is fine if the plays and passes are good. He had at least 3 behind the back passes tonight that just a bit off, enough to break the flow that would have been created with a good pass. Sometimes he is lazy coming up the court. It's hard for a role player to set the tone of the team when the superstar seems to take time off coming up the court.

Chris Paul is awesome, I only wish he would shoot a bit more. But he's a true PG, and when your PG gets 17-20 you should be in good shape. He does this consistently. I wish the offense through him more than it ran through Harden

Eric Gordon is serviceable. He plays good defense, he's a shooting threat from just about anywhere on the floor. Not a great shooter, but good enough to force the defense to defend him close from anywhere

PJ Tucker is a great defender, he plays with heart, and he seems more aware of the entire court than anybody else except CP3. I would say losing him would be bad unless you bring in a premium shooter to replace him.

Coming off the bench Rivers has his moments, he's exactly what I'd expect from a bench player. Nene has the same flaws he had in Denver, he's a big guy who plays soft.

Too many times the Rockets will try and iso to get the play, and they'll do it for too long. When the passes start with 7 on the shot clock everything has to go perfect or you're going to turn it over or get a terrible shot off. That happened a lot in this series. If you want to get 7-9 seconds trying to create iso individually, fine, but you better cross half court with 20 on the clock instead of 16. This comes down to coaching. I've never been a fan of D'antoni, allowing this kind of tone is why

The rebounding was lazy in game 5, and wasn't much better in game 6. Rockets deserved to lose this game

Oh, and f*** GS, f*** Curry, f*** KD, f*** Thompson, and most importantly f*** that thug life POS Green

Fire away
TXAG14
Really don't want to hear Morey talking analytics after this.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
This game and series comes down to the warriors wanting it more. In the games we lost, we got dominated on the boards. Specifically GS getting the offensive respond for an easy put back.

I can't stand the warriors...blood is boiling but at least they show up and play with intensity. Rockets are a bunch of whiny babies who like to watch each other shoot.
ATM9000
AG
lil99chris said:

....8 of those were FTs.

Cool... he was absolutely the catalyst and reason they won tonight. Hit massive shots to put a dagger in the Rockets. But go ahead and make your moot point about how terrible ESPN is.

Rockets had their prime shot... and they just blew it.
k20dub
AG
I do agree on the part about Harden trying to be fancy with his passes. If he whips those passes into the chest of his teammates, those are open 3's. Instead they have to run and grab the pass and the defender recovers.
3rdGen2015
AG
So where do we go from here? We pretty clearly need a second big and we need to get longer on the wings.

I think House and Rivers will be brought back, but not sure past that. A big jump from Gary Clark would help a ton.
k20dub
AG
Can we trade Capela for Brooke Lopez? Halfway serious
Olsen
AG
If I were Tilman, I would fire Morey for a chance to lure Bob Myers away with millions of dollars.
Forum Troll
AG
Does GS march to another title? I dont think they'll have a lot of trouble from Denver or Portland. And I don't think Milwaukee can win a title with Giannis being such a poor shooter for a player of his caliber.
maca1028
Good take
ATM9000
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

If I were Tilman, I would fire Morey for a chance to lure Bob Myers away with millions of dollars.

Glad you aren't Tillman then.
lil99chris
AG
HossAg said:

lil99chris said:

....8 of those were FTs.

He scored 21 points in the 4th and hit multiple dagger shots. The hype is deserved.

I understand. Curry was clutch in the 4th. Klay and the bench had the 1st half. Curry had the 2nd.

Harden was 7 of 12 from the line. Those 5 misses were huge.
1876er
AG
STL_aTm said:

I couldn't be a bigger bucks fan now but geeze, I cant imagine having to to put my NBA hopes and dreams on hardens shoulders year after. Dude has zero heart.

That's a ridiculous take. He's not MJ, Kobe, or LBJ, but he easily one of the top 5 players in the league. Nash never got a ring. Dirk only got one, and it took him 14 years. Barkley never got a ring. Reggie Miller never got one. Stockton and Malone never got one.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Forum Troll said:

Does GS march to another title? I dont think they'll have a lot of trouble from Denver or Portland. And I don't think Milwaukee can win a title with Giannis being such a poor shooter for a player of his caliber.

If KD comes back for the finals absolutely they win. 50/50 if hes hobbled. my .02
CFTXAG10
AG
-Green and Capela were pretty much unplayable this series
-Paul showed up for game 6 and thats it
-Dantoni made some very questionable decisions with lineups and got out-coached by Kerr
-Even without Durant the Warriors still have a championship squad and they straight up out-hustled us and played with more heart from the 4th quarter of game 5 through the end of game 6

Morey is gonna have a helluva time trying to solve this puzzle. No more "Run it back" BS. Gonna be interesting to see what he can do since the payroll looks pretty grim at this point.
First Page Last Page
Page 217 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.