*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,989 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hickory High said:

CoachRTM said:

Hickory High said:

I think this is the only place on the internet, Rockets fans or not, that the vast majority appears to be willing to make every excuse in the world for the team.

Last night's loss was awful. In my opinion, it will cost them the series. I've stood up for the team through thick and thin all year. After last night, I can't see us winning game 6 and certainly can't see us winning game 7.

We're apparently 6 point favorites in Vegas, so if you really feel that way you are more than welcome to put your money where your mouth is.
Done

If you thought they were going to win why are you betting they cover and not the moneyline for a much better "payday".

sorry if already covered....haven't caught up on thread.
Cloud
$10 bet
Harry Dunne
Aggie09Derek said:

Hickory High said:

CoachRTM said:

Hickory High said:

I think this is the only place on the internet, Rockets fans or not, that the vast majority appears to be willing to make every excuse in the world for the team.

Last night's loss was awful. In my opinion, it will cost them the series. I've stood up for the team through thick and thin all year. After last night, I can't see us winning game 6 and certainly can't see us winning game 7.

We're apparently 6 point favorites in Vegas, so if you really feel that way you are more than welcome to put your money where your mouth is.
Done

If you thought they were going to win why are you betting they cover and not the moneyline for a much better "payday".

sorry if already covered....haven't caught up on thread.
Easy for you to talk big, it's not your 10 spot on the line!!!
mazag08
AG
WES2006AG said:

Capela has looked bad this series, there is no other way to say it. But as Hickory pointed out last night we have to wonder how much of this is still the lingering effects of the virus he had 2 weeks ago. He just doesn't seem to have the same energy that he has played with most of his career.

Couple the lingering effects of the illness and the fact that the warriors are a bad matchup for Clint you just have to hope he can find a way to contribute over the rest of the series.
Lol. There is nothing lingering. The guy is always this weak and slow footed. He has unique athleticism for his size but is rarely in position. When he is, he reaches and gives very little effort, especially with rebounding.

You're just used to seeing him go up against Sacramento, Memphis, and Phoenix and it makes you think he is good. He is a well below average player in the playoffs when good teams with good players defend him. He straight up gives up half the time.
WES2006AG
AG
mazag08 said:

WES2006AG said:

Capela has looked bad this series, there is no other way to say it. But as Hickory pointed out last night we have to wonder how much of this is still the lingering effects of the virus he had 2 weeks ago. He just doesn't seem to have the same energy that he has played with most of his career.

Couple the lingering effects of the illness and the fact that the warriors are a bad matchup for Clint you just have to hope he can find a way to contribute over the rest of the series.
Lol. There is nothing lingering. The guy is always this weak and slow footed. He has unique athleticism for his size but is rarely in position. When he is, he reaches and gives very little effort, especially with rebounding.

You're just used to seeing him go up against Sacramento, Memphis, and Phoenix and it makes you think he is good. He is a well below average player in the playoffs when good teams with good players defend him. He straight up gives up half the time.
You must have missed all of last season's playoffs. Capela has been bad this series but to say that he is a below average player is laughable. Capela has dominated Gobert and KAT as recently as last playoffs and held Gobert in check offensively most of this years first round.

Diggity
AG
All I can know is he was 3/10 last night, which is GD pathetic considering the shots he takes.
mazag08
AG
WES2006AG said:

mazag08 said:

WES2006AG said:

You must have missed all of last season's playoffs. Capela has been bad this series but to say that he is a below average player is laughable. Capela has dominated Gobert and KAT as recently as last playoffs and held Gobert in check offensively most of this years first round.

Last year is not this year. He hasn't played well all playoffs and there is no excuse considering his effort has been minimal and he's been unwilling to work hard against good defenders to get in position. The Warriors have done a lot to take him away from the basket, but when he is around it, he is not effective on either side of the court except when they have a complete defensive mental lapse.
maca1028
CoachRTM said:

Hickory High said:

I wouldn't take that bet
gougler08
AG
maca1028 said:

CoachRTM said:

Hickory High said:

I wouldn't take that bet

You should go put big money on it like Hickory
lil99chris
AG
You can say that Golden State has controlled Capela, but that does not excuse going 7 for 16 (43.8%) from the free throw line. He was shooting 63.6% (166 for 261) during the regular season.
Nino Brown
CFTXAG10 said:

Nino Brown said:

Hickory High said:

How is it so hard for you to separate the emotional from the logical in terms of fandom?

I mean Jesus Christ, what I'm saying is not that crazy. I FEEL that I want us to win, I don't THINK that it's going to happen.

You're clearly just going to hate me no matter what.
I don't get it either. Hell, I grew up i Houston. I went to Rockets games since I was 7 because my father worked at the Summit as an HPD officer. I worked for the Rockets for over 4 and half seasons. Harden disappearing again at the most critical times in the biggest swing game of the series was not good. Paul's contract for what he's bringing, not good. There is a big difference between being a fan boy and a realist.

This just isn't accurate though. Go look at the thread being compiled by Bijani on Twitter (Rockets_Insider) of those last ten possessions or the Nick Wright explanation below. Harden pushed all the right buttons to set his teammates up for easy looks. He didn't disappear, he was right there helping his team win the game. Dantoni in his presser said the same thing. Maybe if his teammates werent hitting he would have played a little more selfish but it wasn't necessary. Lastly, even though he didn't take but one shot (which he made) in that stretch he led all scorers with 31 points on 63% shooting.

We can agree to disagree I guess. As a former player and coach I know who should have the ball in their hands every possession the last 5 minutes on every single trip and any fan or whatever can spin however they want to in order to fit their agenda. You said Rockets insider.....that's all you needed to say man.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG
k20dub
Diggity
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG
So who all is gonna be at Toyota tomorrow?

Ticket prices are cheap-ish right now (below face in a lot of areas) - maybe people are fearing the weather.
Diggity
AG
Sounds like a good marketing opportunity:

"Fear the Beard, Not the Weather!"
WES2006AG
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Ticket prices are cheap-ish right now (below face in a lot of areas) - maybe people are fearing the weather.
I'll be there. Weather won't keep me away from a playoff game.
CFTXAG10
AG
It is good news if you are a Rockets fan, but Dantoni needs to use the 4th quarter of game 5 as a lesson that they will not go quietly. I want to see Tucker switch over to Klay and put Gordon on Steph. If one of those guys gets his then so be it, but don't let them both get going like last night.

I also love that this means they won't be able to defend Harden with Durant anymore
Diggity
AG
I agree. Certainly a lot easier to game plan for the opponent losing a guy as important as KD with the benefit of two days (rather than one quarter)
Aggie09Derek
AG
WES2006AG said:

Aggie09Derek said:

I'll be there. Weather won't keep me away from a playoff game.
Ditto
mazag08
AG
Thompson has done pretty good defending Harden. We need to do better about switching to get Curry on Harden. Then force his awful defensive ass to foul or get embarrassed.
lil99chris
AG
Some significant incorrect calls........

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0041800225
Diggity
AG

Quote:

Q4
00:09.4
Foul: Loose Ball
Eric Gordon
Shaun Livingston
INC
Video

Comment:
Gordon (HOU) dives into Livingston's (GSW) legs and and dislodges him from his position during the loose ball.
I don't really see that in the video. I see two guys fighting for the ball. What does Livingston do to establish position here?
Frok
AG
The basketball gods have given the Houston Rockets retribution from the Chris Paul injury last year.

They MUST WIN these last two games.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Frok said:

The basketball gods have given the Houston Rockets retribution from the Chris Paul injury last year.

They MUST WIN these last two games.

Isn't it an exact reverse this year?
Lose Paul game 5 at home, win the game then lose game 6 away and lose game 7 at home?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yes

one could argue that CP3 last year was playing so well that was as important to us as KD is to the warriors this year
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Bet the house, its destiny
maca1028
gougler08 said:

maca1028 said:

CoachRTM said:

Hickory High said:

I wouldn't take that bet

You should go put big money on it like Hickory

Let me rephrase that, I wouldn't take that bet with him...
Grapesoda2525
If there's not at least a game 7.....

I hate you guys.
Ags #1
AG
Seems like they try to but either don't set a good screen or curry way over plays the screen and then hurries back to guard his guy why iggy can guard harden. I think he should try and split the double team or the screen should roll early and feed the screener the ball. Curry overplays each and every screen
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I'll be there tomorrow. This is it. This is our best shot.
Truvada_for_prep
Nick Wright
mazag08
AG
Diggity said:

Quote:

Q4
00:09.4
Foul: Loose Ball
Eric Gordon
Shaun Livingston
INC
Video

Comment:
Gordon (HOU) dives into Livingston's (GSW) legs and and dislodges him from his position during the loose ball.
I don't really see that in the video. I see two guys fighting for the ball. What does Livingston do to establish position here?

Ya I originally thought it was a foul on Livingston but replay just shows both guys going all out for the ball. Gordon definitely doesn't "dive into Livingston's legs". That's complete BS.
TXAG14
People stranded at Minute Maid tonight. Hoping not to get stranded at Toyota Center tomorrow.
First Page Last Page
Page 200 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.