*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,974 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
lil99chris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fouls in the 1st half committed by Warriors bench...

Game 1 - 4 of 11
Game 2 - 3 of 8
Game 3 - 6 of 10
Game 4 - 3 of 12
Game 5 - 2 of 7

.... zero fouls going into halftime.

Game 1 - Green
Game 2 - Thompson & Iguodala
Game 3 - Curry
Game 4 - None
Game 5 - Durant & Thompson
Harry Dunne
Hickory High said:

lil99chris said:

The only time the Rockets lost to the Warriors during the regular season...........Durant didn't play.

Still inexcusable. It's the morning after, and I still cannot believe that we lost without having to face Durant in the 4th.
Obviously. Who knows if they could even get close to winning championship without Durant, or go 73-9 without and come within inches of winning another.

Harry Dunne
Frok said:

If the Rockets can't beat them without Durant then they are clearly the inferior team.
Yes, this is why they play the 7 game series.
Hickory High
AG
I think this is the only place on the internet, Rockets fans or not, that the vast majority appears to be willing to make every excuse in the world for the team.

Last night's loss was awful. In my opinion, it will cost them the series. I've stood up for the team through thick and thin all year. After last night, I can't see us winning game 6 and certainly can't see us winning game 7.
CoachRTM
AG
Ag_07 said:

Hot take here...

I'm not convinced Durant being out bodes better for the Rockets.

With KD out all his offense and his shots will go to Klay and Steph who shoot significantly more 3s.

Isn't that the basics of analytics? You may not shoot as high a percentage from behind the arc but if you increase your attempts significantly the extra points add up and it's better for you.

I fear that this gives Klay and Steph the freedom to just rain 3s and we may end up wishing that KD was sinking 2 point turn around jumpers.

I see what you're saying, but we've been actively running Steph and Klay off the 3 pt line all series and I imagine that strategy continues. I also think that we were hesitant to put Tucker on either last night because he's been studying Durant whereas our guards have been studying Steph and Klay.

I imagine Tucker will have a heavy 2 days of film on Klay and his tendencies. Our defensive assignments just got that much better

Steph - Gordon
Klay - Tucker
Iguodala - Paul
Draymond - Harden
Looney - Capela
CoachRTM
AG
Hickory High said:

I think this is the only place on the internet, Rockets fans or not, that the vast majority appears to be willing to make every excuse in the world for the team.

Last night's loss was awful. In my opinion, it will cost them the series. I've stood up for the team through thick and thin all year. After last night, I can't see us winning game 6 and certainly can't see us winning game 7.

We're apparently 6 point favorites in Vegas, so if you really feel that way you are more than welcome to put your money where your mouth is.
Poot
Awful? Really? I don't think so... This is GS in Oracle that we're talking about.

Frustrating? Damn straight... massively so.

Hickory High
AG
Contract hell
3rdGen2015
AG
What are the chances that House can become a viable player with KD out? I feel like MDA has to at least try, we need more consistent rebounding and House has the length to bring that.
WES2006AG
AG
Hickory High said:

I've stood up for the team through thick and thin all year.
Ag12thman
AG
Is it even a for-sure thing that Durant is out? I have strong doubts that he would miss game 7, if there is one.
Pumpkinhead
AG
For the Rockets sake, hopefully this isn't a repeat of the Spurs knocking them out of the playoffs without Kawhi.

Warriors will play with notably more motion/cutting trying to get Steph/Klay free on offense without Durant, with whom they often tend to drift into ISO-ball (understandable because he's so damn good).

Subtracting Durant from Warriors - seems to equalize the talent on both teams - Curry/Thompson/Green/Iggy/Whoever vs Harden/Paul/Gordon/Tucker/Capela, though the Rockets now seem a bit deeper. Equal footing. Warriors just have to win just 1 of the next 2 while Rockets have to win both.

I agree with above post that Warriors were probably about 80% chance of winning series being up 3-2 with Durant, and that has probably now dropped to about 60%. Warriors still should be a slight favorite but its a close call.
Harry Dunne
Hickory High said:

You're probably right. That's because this board is comprised of mostly Aggies, so the common denominator is a lot higher than other sites. When that is the case, the caliber of people are higher than average Joe fan and the the conversations you're going to have are going to be more similar to a former student event or at Muster than what you have waiting in line at the DMV.

One thing common among most Aggies is loyalty, and I don't think you just turn that off when things don't go well. For most of us, that's a part of who we are. It was a bad finish and I think everyone acknowledges that. We are all disappointed, but that doesn't mean we are going to turn on and pile on the guys that got us here.

You have definitely not stood up for the team through thick and thin. You turn on guys in record time. Other than James Ennis. Somehow your next-level analysis kept telling you he was an undercover superstar. I just wish you would show the same loyalty to best Rocket ever that you do to replacement level role players.

I'm sure you'll whip out the annotating oil in record time...and turn on him again if we don't win a ring. Why don't you do us all a favor and go to those other places on the internet where like-minded people are posting like-minded trash...but please stay there and walk it back with them when the tides turn.
Hickory High
AG
I mean I have. That's a fact. You don't have to like it if you just want to dislike me, but at least be truthful.
Hickory High
AG
I can still be a loyal fan and think we are going to lose. How is that such a difficult concept?
WES2006AG
AG
Hickory High said:

CoachRTM said:

Hickory High said:

We're apparently 6 point favorites in Vegas, so if you really feel that way you are more than welcome to put your money where your mouth is.
Done

This seals it. You have been playing the long game on this troll. It is unbelievable at this point that you are a Rockets fan. I have done my best to hold my tongue while you have melted on this thread for years because I thought you were a fan.

From here on out I will just flag your posts for trolling and move on.
Cynic
Here comes the "I'm a better fan than you" posts that happen anytime the favorite team loses.

Hickory High
AG
How is it so hard for you to separate the emotional from the logical in terms of fandom?

I mean Jesus Christ, what I'm saying is not that crazy. I FEEL that I want us to win, I don't THINK that it's going to happen.

You're clearly just going to hate me no matter what.
txags11
AG
The only reason I have hope:

Golden State has to replace basically 42-45 minutes if KD is out. Look at the box score from last night. They basically played 6.5 guys (Livingston played 12 minutes) and he's banged up a little bit as well. Golden State is lacking depth this year. Yes Curry and Klay are going to get more shots up and as a result will probably score more. If we limit guys like Draymond and Iggy (who hasn't done much in series) we can with both. I just worry that our confidence is gone after knowing we let last night slip away.
CFTXAG10
AG
I hate to make it sound basic, but there is a huge difference between Durant missing a quarter and Durant missing an entire game in the playoffs.

Tucker won't be zapping all his energy chasing Durant, instead he can guard Klay while Gordon bodies Curry. It also opens up the lane a little bit more for Capela if he decides to pull his head out of his a**. Along the same lines it opens up the lane for Paul's short jumper. Oh and not to mention, if either Curry or Thompson get in foul trouble like they are prone to then what? McKinnie? Jerebko?

Playing that 4th quarter without Durant and still winning might actually end up being a blessing in disguise. Showed this Rockets team that they are still going to have to take it from them, nothing is given.
WES2006AG
AG
Hickory High said:

How is it so hard for you to separate the emotional from the logical in terms of fandom?

I mean Jesus Christ, what I'm saying is not that crazy. I FEEL that I want us to win, I don't THINK that it's going to happen.

Stop playing the victim, you have been here a long time and nobody hates you. Your negativity is just grating. One of my best friends is the exact type of sports fan that you are. Always negative, first to call ballgame, and can never seem to get any enjoyment out of sports because they can't get past the negativity. I honestly think the negativity is a hedge against getting your feelings hurt when we lose, as if being able to say "I told you so" is some sort of consolation prize when we don't win.

We are playing a really good team, sit back and enjoy the series. In a few days we will know how it plays out. Losing to the Warriors with or without KD is not an embarrassment nor is it worthy of melting down to the point that you are placing bets against your team.
Frok
AG
txags11 said:

The only reason I have hope:

Golden State has to replace basically 42-45 minutes if KD is out. Look at the box score from last night. They basically played 6.5 guys (Livingston played 12 minutes) and he's banged up a little bit as well. Golden State is lacking depth this year. Yes Curry and Klay are going to get more shots up and as a result will probably score more. If we limit guys like Draymond and Iggy (who hasn't done much in series) we can with both. I just worry that our confidence is gone after knowing we let last night slip away.

Confidence should not be gone because of a bad game. The Rockets know they can win. They just fumbled in the clutch last night. Need Harden to be Harden and Gordon to be on.

TXAG14
No excuse to lose game six. Energy should be there. Shots should be there. No excuses!
Good Poster
AG
A ten dollar bet??? Are you kidding
CFTXAG10
AG
Money Ag said:

A ten dollar bet??? Are you kidding
Username checks out
Nino Brown
Hickory High said:

I don't get it either. Hell, I grew up i Houston. I went to Rockets games since I was 7 because my father worked at the Summit as an HPD officer. I worked for the Rockets for over 4 and half seasons. Harden disappearing again at the most critical times in the biggest swing game of the series was not good. Paul's contract for what he's bringing, not good. There is a big difference between being a fan boy and a realist.

No one on here is actually on the team so for someone to say "you have no faith in our team" is comical. I don't hate Harden and I'm glad the Rockets have him. But please, someone provide me with actual facts of ANY of the past 20 years of championship teams where the leading scorer took only one shot in the 4th quarter of ANY of their playoff games, if they weren't injured of course. You can like them or even love them but that's not how championships are won.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
WES2006AG said:

Hickory High said:

Stop playing the victim, you have been here a long time and nobody hates you. Your negativity is just grating. One of my best friends is the exact type of sports fan that you are. Always negative, first to call ballgame, and can never seem to get any enjoyment out of sports because they can't get past the negativity. I honestly think the negativity is a hedge against getting your feelings hurt when we lose, as if being able to say "I told you so" is some sort of consolation prize when we don't win.

We are playing a really good team, sit back and enjoy the series. In a few days we will know how it plays out. Losing to the Warriors with or without KD is not an embarrassment nor is it worthy of melting down to the point that you are placing bets against your team.
Are you talking about me!? I have been this guy for years and have been trying to change, but honestly does feel good to play the see told you so card. Feels better to be "right" and lose than just lose. Trying to change though
WES2006AG
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

WES2006AG said:

Hickory High said:

Are you talking about me!? I have been this guy for years and have been trying to change, but honestly does feel good to play the see told you so card. Feels better to be "right" and lose than just lose. Trying to change though
I was that guy myself. It took a long time for me to realize how my negativity was not just impacting my own enjoyment but also my friends. I found that I didn't even enjoy the wins as much because I always wanted to be I told you so guy.

I changed my attitude towards sports about 5 years ago and can not be happier with my decision. That doesn't mean I don't get disappointed, last night was a real gut punch, but I try to remember that sports is my main source of fun and entertainment.
CFTXAG10
AG
Nino Brown said:

Hickory High said:

I don't get it either. Hell, I grew up i Houston. I went to Rockets games since I was 7 because my father worked at the Summit as an HPD officer. I worked for the Rockets for over 4 and half seasons. Harden disappearing again at the most critical times in the biggest swing game of the series was not good. Paul's contract for what he's bringing, not good. There is a big difference between being a fan boy and a realist.

This just isn't accurate though. Go look at the thread being compiled by Bijani on Twitter (Rockets_Insider) of those last ten possessions or the Nick Wright explanation below. Harden pushed all the right buttons to set his teammates up for easy looks. He didn't disappear, he was right there helping his team win the game. Dantoni in his presser said the same thing. Maybe if his teammates werent hitting he would have played a little more selfish but it wasn't necessary. Lastly, even though he didn't take but one shot (which he made) in that stretch he led all scorers with 31 points on 63% shooting.

AG@RICE
AG
WES2006AG said:

Forgiven_Ag said:

WES2006AG said:

Hickory High said:

I was that guy myself. It took a long time for me to realize how my negativity was not just impacting my own enjoyment but also my friends. I found that I didn't even enjoy the wins as much because I always wanted to be I told you so guy.

I changed my attitude towards sports about 5 years ago and can not be happier with my decision. That doesn't mean I don't get disappointed, last night was a real gut punch, but I try to remember that sports is my main source of fun and entertainment.
Since we are having Dr. Phil time on this thread, I'd like to echo that last part. This was an important lesson for me to learn in my life as well.
Dan Scott
AG
Wow thank you Nick Wright. Too bad its FS1
WES2006AG
AG
Dan Scott said:

Wow thank you Nick Wright. Too bad its FS1
Exactly what I was thinking. His message will reach 10s of people at most.
Mr.Bond
AG
mazag08
AG
I've braced myself for the never ending moving screens the Warriors are about to throw at us without KD out there. It's their only chance to get their shooters open, which is their only chance to score if we aren't letting them have cakewalk back cuts for dunks and Capela decides to wake up.

And for one game.. just one game.. can we not allow freaking Draymond Green to drive coast to coast without anyone picking him up?
WES2006AG
AG
Capela has looked bad this series, there is no other way to say it. But as Hickory pointed out last night we have to wonder how much of this is still the lingering effects of the virus he had 2 weeks ago. He just doesn't seem to have the same energy that he has played with most of his career.

Couple the lingering effects of the illness and the fact that the warriors are a bad matchup for Clint you just have to hope he can find a way to contribute over the rest of the series.
First Page Last Page
Page 199 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.