*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

710,054 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Doug Ross
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chris Paul 3-14, 0-6 from 3

Get him out next season
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Watch the video. Ball was out or it was insanely close.
Diggity
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG
Harden getting pulled for 2 minutes with 8 minutes to go was ridiculous. He ended the game with 4 fouls.

Has to play when game was close and has to be aggressive. Part of that is on MDA and part is on Harden.
Doug Ross
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CFTXAG10
AG
That's in line with what I recall about the 4th quarter. He was setting up teammates for open looks. They even doubled him or trapped a few times late and put the longer frame of Iggy on him. He'd be getting crucified on here if he was missing contested jumpers late in the game when a teammate is wide open.
Diggity
AG
Yeah, it was strange for me when I saw that factoid floating around that he only took one shot. I had to look at the play chart to double check.

Watching live, I felt like he was a big part of the offense at the end.
BoxingAg84
Hickory High said:

Harry Dunne said:

Hickory High said:

CP needs to announce his retirement from basketball.
Go away troll.

Sick rebuttal.

He's right CP3 is done. He's lost all his quickness. He cant even dribble around bigs these days. He dips the head and charges forward into defenders routinely. Its sad to watch.
Grapesoda2525
The less capela plays the better. I don't know how good he was in the regular season for you guys, but he looked like a deer in headlights out there.
lil99chris
AG
James Harden took a breather from 8:15 to 7:08 in the 4th.

...be sure to check out shot selection in the 4th. Golden State was also doing well on offense.

http://www.espn.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=401129357
Doug Ross
AG
lil99chris said:

James Harden took a breather from 8:15 to 0:00 in the 4th.
fify
Dan Scott
AG
We didn't lose because James didn't shoot in the 4th, it's because the warriors offense went nuts. The Harden haters are ridiculous.
CFTXAG10
AG
lil99chris said:

Yea I didn't like him sitting but he did play 45 minutes tonight. He and Tucker played longer than anybody else followed by Thompson and Curry.
CFTXAG10
AG
Dan Scott said:

We didn't lose because James didn't shoot in the 4th, it's because the warriors offense went nuts. The Harden haters are ridiculous.

Jerebko's three and Draymond's three were killers but you gotta live with those guys shooting the rock
Aggie09Derek
AG
lil99chris said:

...be sure to check out shot selection in the 4th.

http://www.espn.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=401129357

IMO shouldn't have come out then. And when he did come back in should have had a killer instinct to put us ahead for good.

Not blaming the loss on Harden but he needs to shoot more than 16 times.
n_touch
Steve Kerr "Incredibly unlikely" that Durant plays on Friday. Also seemed like they know its worse by the way he sounded in the presser.
rambo_99
Troll? Not sure what that means because I'm an adult. Dislike mavs and hate spurs. Grew up in no cable, Olajuwon, bill worrell, Pete chilcutt, upn glory years. Moved around a lot but stay true to rockets roots.

Said the same thing about Dwight as I'm saying about Paul - cancers. But with time u gotta acknowledge the constant which is harden. If he shrinks again next game then cut ties and move on ala Stevie franchise.
Grapesoda2525
Rockets shot like ass in warriors gym and barely lost.

You guys will go home and light up the scoreboard in game 6. As long as Durant is out, I think we will see a game 7.

I guess we will find out the extent of Durant's injury tomorrow?
Ags #1
AG
Lol. Staff please ban this troll
rambo_99
I've played the 14 year long game of lurking with minimum posts to show up on this thread and call out playoff harden just to rile you up.

Just want to see rockets win but in my opinion I don't see harden being the guy to do it. Agree I went extreme in my comparisons in the heat of the moment, but the fact remains I don't see him able to summit the mountain.
mazag08
AG
Rockets lost the game on defense. We played the 3rd quarter like game 4. We were all up in their grill and frustrating the hell out of them. And what do you know? Thompson suddenly magically cools off.

So what do we do in the 4th? Take out foot of the gas, let Draymond drive full court off an inbounds pass, get lazy on switches, put Capela in who can't get a rebound to save his life because he's weak, etc etc.

We let up and GAVE the momentum back. They made shots because we have them windows that hadn't had since the first half.
Boiling Denim
When Historians wonder how American civilization collapsed so spectacularly I'll just leave them one note

Clint Capela made $100 million
CoachRTM
AG
Harden played his B+ game.
Tucker had his A game.

Everyone else was average or worse.... and it still was a last possession type game on their court.

We now have time to gameplan against the Warriors without Durant. Even more strain is going to be put on Iguodala and Thompson defensively, and they lose another defender they're comfortable switching onto Harden in the pick and roll.

Advantage Rockets.
CoachRTM
AG
For what it's worth - 538 predictions show that the Warriors would be 80% likely to win the series fully healthy. If Durant is out, it's more like 60-65%.
Ag_07
AG
Hot take here...

I'm not convinced Durant being out bodes better for the Rockets.

With KD out all his offense and his shots will go to Klay and Steph who shoot significantly more 3s.

Isn't that the basics of analytics? You may not shoot as high a percentage from behind the arc but if you increase your attempts significantly the extra points add up and it's better for you.

I fear that this gives Klay and Steph the freedom to just rain 3s and we may end up wishing that KD was sinking 2 point turn around jumpers.
Grapesoda2525
Ag_07 said:

Hot take here...

With KD out all his offense and his shots will go to Klay and Steph who shoot significantly more 3s.

Isn't that the basics of analytics? You may not shoot as high a percentage from behind the arc but if you increase your attempts significantly the extra points add up and it's better for you.

I fear that this gives Klay and Steph the freedom to just rain 3s and we may end up wishing that KD was sinking 2 point turn around jumpers.
Yeah......but if one of them is cold, they're screwed. They won't have Durant to bail them out. Both of them have been cold somewhat recently so it's possible.
TXAG14
WES2006AG
AG
Ag_07 said:

Hot take here...

If KD does in fact miss game 6 then they lost a guy who can get his shot whenever he wants and can score 50 in a given night. Sure Steph or Klay can light you up as well but if KD doesn't play that is nothing but a positive for us.
Frok
AG
If the Rockets can't beat them without Durant then they are clearly the inferior team.
lil99chris
AG
The only time the Rockets lost to the Warriors during the regular season...........Durant didn't play.
WES2006AG
AG
lil99chris said:

The only time the Rockets lost to the Warriors during the regular season...........Durant didn't play.
Don't put too much stock in that. In one of our 3 wins against the warriors in the regular season James didn't play.

Regular season goes out the window when these 2 teams meet in the playoffs.
Hickory High
AG
lil99chris said:

Still inexcusable. It's the morning after, and I still cannot believe that we lost without having to face Durant in the 4th.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
WE GOT THIS BOTS
Texan_Aggie
AG
Hickory High said:

lil99chris said:

Still inexcusable. It's the morning after, and I still cannot believe that we lost without having to face Durant in the 4th.

Amazing. It's almost like they have other good players.
Forum Troll
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

Hickory High said:

lil99chris said:

Amazing. It's almost like they have other good players.
Seems like people forget they won 73 games in a season before KD signed. Granted the bench was better that season but the current core is the same minus Harrison Barnes.
First Page Last Page
Page 198 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.