*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,687 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It'll play out like last year
Aggie09Derek
AG
Dan Scott said:

At least $120 to get in. $800 for club level. I refuse to pay that much but I know I'll cave on Saturday
get ins are extremely cheap for this high level of a game (on a Saturday night at that).

Get ins for a regular season GS game a year or two ago were more than that, and this is essentially an NBA finals.
CFTXAG10
AG
I don't think its unrealistic to think that we can win these next 2 at home. Gotta bring more intensity, get on the boards, and limit turnovers. We were one of the best teams in the league at home this year (31-10).

If being down 0-2 can't get you motivated I don't know what will. Series is far from over.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Diggity said:

Rockets won Game 2 last year by 20+ and went home to Houston with the series at 1-1. Then they lost Game 3.

They are on worse shape at the moment than last year. Now they HAVE to win the next 2 to make this a series.
Diggity
AG
I was talking more about the last part of your post. Should have been more specific.

Hopefully we can still make it a series in any case.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
AG@RICE said:

Anyone think the Pelicans would take Clint Capela and EG for Anthony Davis this offseason?

Nope
Good Poster
AG
AG@RICE said:

Anyone think the Pelicans would take Clint Capela and EG for Anthony Davis this offseason?

Lmao
Grapesoda2525
CFTXAG10 said:

I don't think its unrealistic to think that we can win these next 2 at home. Gotta bring more intensity, get on the boards, and limit turnovers. We were one of the best teams in the league at home this year (31-10).

If being down 0-2 can't get you motivated I don't know what will. Series is far from over.
It all hinges on game 3 for you guys. It's a must win. Nobody has ever come back from 3-0 in basketball and nobody would be able to do it against this super team.

If you get game 3, then you can tell yourself that if you get game 4 you're back in it. Just take it one game at a time. I hope to see anyone but those turds win it this year.
CFTXAG10
AG
Completely agree.
Nino Brown
Although I somewhat agree, what do you expect CP3 to do when Harden dribbles the ball for 15 seconds.

For Paul to be a factor, we must get stops and defensive boards and get out in transition for him to big a bigger factor. The warriors aren't switching off of him much and he doesn't have the same quickness that he used to when he does get the ball in the half court sets.
Ag_07
AG
I don't know. Like I said I'm just the casual fan that hasn't watched but a couple games up until the playoffs.

Just odd that last year it was universally thought that losing Paul was why they lost and now they have him healthy and he's pretty much a nonfactor and they can't beat GS.

I don't know I could be be completely off base but after watching these 2 games I expected CP to be more of a factor and it seems like he's just disappeared.
Frok
AG
Chris Paul was awesome in the series last year. He just hasn't been the same all year this year.

Beat40
Ag_07 said:

I don't know. Like I said I'm just the casual fan that hasn't watched but a couple games up until the playoffs.

Just odd that last year it was universally thought that losing Paul was why they lost and now they have him healthy and he's pretty much a nonfactor and they can't beat GS.

I don't know I could be be completely off base but after watching these 2 games I expected CP to be more of a factor and it seems like he's just disappeared.
This year he has been running the second unit a lot more. That's generally where you see him assert himself more. It makes sense in the playoffs that it would seem like he's disappeared as the second unit doesn't play as many minutes together as the regular season.

The emergence of EG in the second half has also diminished his role a little bit when he, EG, and Harden are out there at the same time.

I think he's contributing, just not as much with points. As long as he can score a bucket or two in the 4th when we need one, that's perfectly fine by me.
lil99chris
AG
.....check out those nails.

WES2006AG
AG
Those nails are 100% intentional and just example number 1,000,000,001 of why Draymond is a POS trash player who gets away with almost all of his antics.
QBCade
AG
Beat40 said:

Ag_07 said:

This year he has been running the second unit a lot more. That's generally where you see him assert himself more. It makes sense in the playoffs that it would seem like he's disappeared as the second unit doesn't play as many minutes together as the regular season.

The emergence of EG in the second half has also diminished his role a little bit when he, EG, and Harden are out there at the same time.

I think he's contributing, just not as much with points. As long as he can score a bucket or two in the 4th when we need one, that's perfectly fine by me.

Most forget or discount that GSW was without Iggy. He is a critical piece for the Warriors and their defense suffered greatly vs Houston last year with him out.
EagleAg19
Ag_07 said:

It's worth noting that the team as whole seems to just be playing down a whole level. It's not like GS is destroying us. IMO, we typically win games when two out of Harden/CP3/EG/Capella have an outstanding game. That hasn't happened yet.
Doug Ross
AG
CP is living up to his reputation....not clutch in playoffs. Also Harden really being a shadow of himself. Very sad considering how great he is in the regular season. If harden doesn't score 50 they will lose, which he can't do in the playoffs. Season over.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
When has harden (past the first round) done anything of note in the playoffs?
gordo97
AG
I know warriors players can be obnoxious, but Joel Embiid is on another level..... that jackhole is straight up unwatchable
CFTXAG10
AG
WES2006AG
AG
That is awesome, love the ending.

It's crazy to think how quickly Caramelo went from being in the NBA to not being in the NBA. His tenure feels like a really long time ago at this point.

Those were dark times for this team but they figured it out, hopefully they can do the same thing again starting Saturday.
CFTXAG10
AG
I lost it at the end. Dantoni and Morey were my favorite.
VikingNik
AG
How are long nails acceptable in the NBA? It should be like a shin guard check in soccer. Refs should look at all players hands before games. Simple rule easy to do.
AG@RICE
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

AG@RICE said:

Nope
Come on guys, you got to work with me. What if I throw in Hartenstein and Vince Edwards. Who could say no to that?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Oh, hey. Another day and it's still not Game 3 yet.
Faustus
Pumpkinhead said:

Diggity said:

Rockets won Game 2 last year by 20+ and went home to Houston with the series at 1-1. Then they lost Game 3.

They are on worse shape at the moment than last year. Now they HAVE to win the next 2 to make this a series.
Didn't Houston host the first two games last year?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^Yes. Rockets had the best record in the league. Only team to win more than 60 games.
WES2006AG
AG
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/03/sports/rockets-coaches-nba-playoffs.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

Good article on the Rockets assistant coaches and their roles
JohnnyTexAg1995
I know it's old news but finally found it on the replay! I posted about it during the game but did anyone else remember in game 1 when KD put 2 full and on the ref and no tech/ejection...

Rockets4Life
AG
WES2006AG said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/03/sports/rockets-coaches-nba-playoffs.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

Good article on the Rockets assistant coaches and their roles
Wasn't Mitch Vanya on BK's staff at some point? I also think he is an Aggie
k20dub
AG
Biggest game of the season tonight. Let's get it!
Bryan98
AG
No doubt! Must do!
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
k20dub
AG
rausr
AG
Ready to hear some whining from Kerr after tonight's game.
First Page Last Page
Page 160 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.