*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

715,406 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am really down on Capela.

I know he has been fighting illness, but he shouldn't have run his mouth if he couldn't back it up.

He took some really big steps forward this year (conditioning, FT shooting), but I'd like to see him work on his strength over the off-season and change his identity a little bit. Draymond and some others this season have exposed him a little and when teams shut down the lob like GS has done, I think he's skilled enough to be able to contribute in other ways.
3rdGen2015
AG
The thing about Capela is that finding a 7 footer that can be not a giant liability in a switching defense is really hard to find. Capela isn't a giant liability on defense.

Part of the reason that he isn't getting a huge amount of defensive rebounds in this series is because of the same switching scheme. The Warriors are hunting him on switches because they have decided that he is the weakest defender on the floor. This means that he is on the perimeter contesting the shot instead of down low getting the rebound.

The bigger issue with the offensive rebounds is the guards not boxing out. A few times CP3, Gordon, Rivers, and House were ball watching instead of boxing out, allowing their man to have a free run to the rim.

Here are the video segments for each OREB the Warriors got.
k20dub
AG
Harry Dunne
Man that Live Oak troll post got deleted fasssst. Nice jobs mods
PFG
AG
I guess I'll have to reword that.

Watching this series has been frustrating. I want the warriors dethroned. But I'm running out of excuses for a team that isn't playing with the kind of urgency I was hoping to see.

G1: The Ref Game
G2: The Injury and Role Players Suck Game
G3: ??

I hope at some point it's a "Harden does Harden" or a "Lock down D" or "Hey We Rebounded".

But time. It's ticking.
Hickory High
AG
Who is saying that's the Game 2 narrative? I'm not seeing that.

The only Game 2 narrative is that we are not as good as the Warriors.
PFG
AG
I'm saying that's the game 2 narrative.

Along with a few other posters on the last 2-3 pages. The role players did not contribute at a level of play required to beat GS. I think that's pretty obvious, no?
Aggie09Derek
AG
IMO narrative should be that Rockets killed themselves.

They played pretty well but had way too many turnovers and gave up too many offensive boards.

Warriors just shot so many more shots than the Rockets.

We contested their shots well all night - they hit a good % of them, but I will take that all day.
Farmer1906
AG
LiveOak said:

Along with a few other posters on the last 2-3 pages. The role players did not contribute at a level of play required to beat GS. I think that's pretty obvious, no?
House and Shump sucked, but everyone else did fine. Rivers carried the team early at one point. Tucker hit his shots. Green even came in and knocked some down.

lil99chris
AG
Game 2 narrative is pretty simple. The Golden State Warriors played like the Golden State Warriors have played when winning championships. Harden's eye injury played a large role, but if the Houston Rockets focused on shutting down a particular player, somebody else stepped up.
PFG
AG
Quote:

House and Shump sucked

Yes. This is what I'm saying. There's not room for this error when/if James doesn't score out of his mind. Obviously the injury took scoring potential away. That required better play by the role guys. Didn't happen. Combination of factors.
rvk246
AG
CP3 isn't as good as he used to be
Ariza's defense and rebounding are missed big time on this team
I have no issue letting Ariza go but Morey deserves blame for not finding an adequate small forward
House and Shump suck ass
Diggity
AG
Whose narrative?
WES2006AG
AG
I know this isn't news but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the Warriors are one of the best teams in the history of the NBA. If we want to beat them we are going to have to put together 4 games where we play well. So far we have looked bad for 2 games and taken a loss in both.

If we can take care of business at home we can make this a series, if not the it looks like we will be watching the Warriors lift the trophy again while hoping KD decides to take his talents East.
Hickory High
AG
LiveOak said:

Aren't we saying the same thing? Unless you think the role players are capable of playing better in this series vs the Warriors, in which case I would disagree.

We're not good enough.
Diggity
AG
I agree. I couldn't help but notice that whenever we pulled close, they could score at will.

Curry has basically done nothing this series, and hadn't really had to.

We don't have that luxury.
Texaggie7nine
Quote:

I agree. I couldn't help but notice that whenever we pulled close, they could score at will.
I noticed that whenever we pulled close, our D went to crap and they were getting easy dunks and transition shots.
7nine
Diggity
AG
Purely coincidental
Ag_07
AG
rvk246 said:

CP3 isn't as good as he used to be

From what I've seen he's been pretty much a nonfactor so far in these two games.
Diggity
AG
his assists are down but he's pretty much matching or beating his regular season average in every other stat.

He does seem to disappear at times.
Gigemags382
AG
I don't understand why teams play so soft against the Warriors.

I want to punch each and every one of their faces every time they're shown on screen, regardless of which team they're playing against for the last 5 years.

How do you just stand there and watch them play their game? Get their ass on the ground. All game.

Im not only talking about the Rockets either. It's every team playing against the Warriors. I guess it's just the nature of NBA basketball these days. But it's just tough to watch. Put their ass on the floor.
Harry Dunne
Give credit where credit is due. They were unstoppable in stretches last night and a lot of what looks like guys standing still to you is just what regular NBA players look compared to star NBA players. They are better than we are and that's just a fact.

Beating them during the long grind of the regular season is one thing. Beating them 4 out of 7 games when they are game-planning specifically for us and Harden is our only elite offensive weapon and we lack elite defenders is something different. I think it's amazing we were one game away from doing it last season. There's a reason they are going to win their 4th championship in 5 years.

HossAg
AG
It is literally impossible to keep KD from scoring when he's hot and it's so demoralizing.
mazag08
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Give credit where credit is due. They were unstoppable in stretches last night and a lot of what looks like guys standing still to you is just what regular NBA players look compared to star NBA players. They are better than we are and that's just a fact.

Beating them during the long grind of the regular season is one thing. Beating them 4 out of 7 games when they are game-planning specifically for us and Harden is our only elite offensive weapon and we lack elite defenders is something different. I think it's amazing we were one game away from doing it last season. There's a reason they are going to win their 4th championship in 5 years.

That still doesn't matter. What he is saying is we should be making them pay for every shot. When the majority of their threes are wide open, and they have easy drive lanes for uncontested dunks, that's not going to cut it. We should be playing them the way they play us. Every hip check or elbow they throw should end with their player on the ground, not ours. You have to take them out of their game, not just merely defend well. We started to do that in the 4th. Got Green a technical foul. Had Durant with his pissed off face. Had them throwing balls out of bounds. Until that point though, they dictated every facet of the game and we were just along for the ride.
Gigemags382
AG
mazag08 said:

Harry Dunne said:

That still doesn't matter. What he is saying is we should be making them pay for every shot. When the majority of their threes are wide open, and they have easy drive lanes for uncontested dunks, that's not going to cut it. We should be playing them the way they play us. Every hip check or elbow they throw should end with their player on the ground, not ours. You have to take them out of their game, not just merely defend well. We started to do that in the 4th. Got Green a technical foul. Had Durant with his pissed off face. Had them throwing balls out of bounds. Until that point though, they dictated every facet of the game and we were just along for the ride.

Exactly. Cycle through fouls with your 5th man if you have to. I don't care. Put their ass on the ground every drive.

And game 3 is the game to do it. The NBA league office controls the narrative in these high profile games, and 3-0 Warriors won't draw much attention. You can bet the Rockets are going to get things called their way in this situation and at home. Make the Warriors pay physically.
Hickory High
AG
Looking at this summer's free agent forwards, the guys that are probably gonna be in our price range are:
  • Marcus Morris
  • Markieff Morris
  • Jeff Green
  • Trevor Ariza
  • Reggie Bullock
  • JaMychal Green

List opens up a lot more if we trade Eric Gordon....
Diggity
AG
Hickory High said:

JaMychal Green
small sample size, but I liked his games against GS

Ariza seems to be fading. Don't think we need a third stint from him. His 3 pointer has been declining for several years now.
CajunAg97
AG
[This is not the Rivalries Forum and this thread is for fans of the team. There is your warning. -Staff]
rvk246
AG
Hickory High said:

Looking at this summer's free agent forwards, the guys that are probably gonna be in our price range are:
  • Marcus Morris
  • Markieff Morris
  • Jeff Green
  • Trevor Ariza
  • Reggie Bullock
  • JaMychal Green

JaMychal would be perfect but we can't afford him. He's gonna get $10 million plus in FA. I'd love to get Ariza back somehow.
Texaggie7nine
Some tickets for Sat game released

https://www.toyotacenter.com/events/detail/nba19-playoffs-round-2-game-3
7nine
3rdGen2015
AG
Hickory High said:

• Marcus Morris
  • Markieff Morris
  • Jeff Green
  • Trevor Ariza
  • Reggie Bullock
  • JaMychal Green

What price range will we be looking in? We will have the full MLE to use this summer right?
tremble
AG
KD is just simply the best player in the league. I pray that he leaves out of there real soon because watching him just obliterate folks on a stacked team is disheartening.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Playoff basketball, where the games are spread out and zeroed in on one specific opponent, is all about the stars. Golden State has too much top-end talent.

Rockets are not going to beat the Warriors 4 out of 5 games unless somebody on the Warriors gets hurt. I do see the Rockets winning a game or two. And usually the Warriors seem to not show up for a game and hit cruise control too early, so wouldn't be surprising to see them get blown out by 30 in Game 3. I'll guess Warriors in 6 at this point.

Durant does seem to be leaving after this season...to the Knicks if all the rumors are true...which means this may be the last run of the Warriors current era of dominance which has now lasted 5 years. GSW will still be really good even without Durant as long as have the Splash Brothers in their prime as their backcourt, but Durant has thus far made them unstoppable in the playoffs because Golden State can just go to him over and over again to get a bucket whenever they have to.

Winner of Nuggets/Blazers don't seem to have much of a chance vs. GSW. I guess maybe Bucks or Raptors might give them a run from the East (not sure what to think about Celtics still).

Dan Scott
AG
At least $120 to get in. $800 for club level. I refuse to pay that much but I know I'll cave on Saturday
AG@RICE
AG
Anyone think the Pelicans would take Clint Capela and EG for Anthony Davis this offseason?
First Page Last Page
Page 159 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.