*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,714 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Engine10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can we just play with that same 4th quarter sense of urgency and alertness for 75% of the game? Frustrating to watch. We can beat these guys.
AGHouston11
AG
Familiar look - Rockets looking roughed up by Warriors after the game
mazag08
AG
Beat40 said:

I also hate that dumb warriors chant.

At least they have a chant. Ours is the sound of lower level sipping their cocktails halfway through the first quarter
Beat40
Engine10 said:

Can we just play with that same 4th quarter sense of urgency and alertness for 75% of the game? Frustrating to watch. We can beat these guys.

We also did go a significant time in the 1st half without James. If he's there, we probaby limit the turnovers and maybe don't put ourselves in such a hole to dig out of.
3rdGen2015
AG
Capela and one of House/Shumpert need to get their **** together if we want to have a shot. If they don't we might get swept.
Beat40
mazag08 said:

Beat40 said:

I also hate that dumb warriors chant.

At least they have a chant. Ours is the sound of lower level sipping their cocktails halfway through the first quarter

You are just a ray of joy.
Frok
AG
I'm not very optimistic. Winning 4 outta 5 is unlikely

CFTXAG10
AG
17 Turnovers
Gave up 18 offensive rebounds
Olsen
AG
Tough loss tonight...
Chef Demas 2020
AG
F the warriors, F curry and his mouthpiece chewing arrogant ass, F Durant's sellout ass, and especially F the rockets inability to find a man and box out. WAY too many offensive boards given up. Playing like it's mid season and not the playoffs.
Diggity
AG
I think we'll play a lot better at home but not feeling confident that we'll take one on their court
CFTXAG10
AG
Harden and Durant w/ 29 each even though Harden played 10 fewer minutes. Having your reigning MVP out early sure as hell didn't help. Thanks a lot donkey.
Texan_Aggie
AG
You're not going to beat the warriors in the postseason with Harden playing 3 quarters with one eye. That said, the warriors clearly wanted it more and killed the rockets on the glass. Going to be a 5 game series, maybe 6.
CFTXAG10
AG
Series doesn't start until the home team loses. Need to regroup since we don't play until Saturday and come out with a sense of urgency at home.
Farmer1906
AG
Refs were pretty decent tonight. They let a lot of stiff go early but called it tighter later on. I'd take this game's officiating for the next 2 to 5.

We shot ourselves in the foot the turnovers and rebounds. You can't allow them to take 15-20 more shots than you. It's a simple #s game.

They're good. I still bitter about KD. Him deciding to come to GS really ruined the competitive balance of the NBA. How many teams 2nd best player is an 2x MVP In their prime?

Well run it back Sat at TC. Anything short of winning the next 2 pretty much means it's over.
Farmer1906
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Series doesn't start until the home team loses. Need to regroup since we don't play until Saturday and come out with a sense of urgency at home.

This saying annoys me. The series could literally end without the home team losing.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Really can't stand Draymond. It didn't look malicious, but it's literally the 2nd time in his last 3 playoff series he's taken out someone's eyes. 4 technical fouls in 8 post season games so far. He's a very talented player, just don't understand why he needs to act like a bish.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Would give the refs a B+ or A- for tonight. Called it pretty consistent both ways.
mazag08
AG
Capela is a big problem right now. He rebounds like he he's stuck in cement. He can't guard anyone. Despite his reach and athleticism, he can't block anything. When he actually catches the ball, any contact sends him flying and losing the ball.

What happened to the good Capela?

When he's like this, Tucker, House, Green, Rivers have to be nearly perfect. Only one showed up tonight, though Tucker was decent on D.

The Warriors aren't going to give us the pick and roll. Just stop thinking the offense against Memphis or Sacramento will work. It's gone. We have to have movement, screens (and chuck some elbows like they do if it's not going to get called), and back cuts. But most of all.. without Capela doing anything.. we have to rebound. There's nothing worse than watching Warriors flying all over the court grabbing boards while we refuse to even block out. I can live with some turnovers.. I can't live with pathetic effort on rebounding.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Refs were pretty decent tonight. They let a lot of stiff go early but called it tighter later on. I'd take this game's officiating for the next 2 to 5.

We shot ourselves in the foot the turnovers and rebounds. You can't allow them to take 15-20 more shots than you. It's a simple #s game.

They're good. I still bitter about KD. Him deciding to come to GS really ruined the competitive balance of the NBA. How many teams 2nd best player is an 2x MVP In their prime?

Well run it back Sat at TC. Anything short of winning the next 2 pretty much means it's over.

lol you honestly think KD isn't their best player? What the ****?
Farmer1906
AG
mazag08 said:

Capela is a big problem right now. He rebounds like he he's stuck in cement. He can't guard anyone. Despite his reach and athleticism, he can't block anything. When he actually catches the ball, any contact sends him flying and losing the ball.

When he's like this, Tucker, House, Green, Rivers have to be nearly perfect. Only one showed up tonight, though Tucker was decent on D.

The Warriors aren't going to give us the pick and roll. Just stop thinking the offense against Memphis or Sacramento will work. It's gone. We have to have movement, screens (and chuck some elbows like they do if it's not going to get called), and back cuts. But most of all.. without Capela doing anything.. we have to rebound. There's nothing worse than watching Warriors flying all over the court grabbing boards while we refuse to even block out. I can live with some turnovers.. I can't live with pathetic effort on rebounding.

Have you seen this team? That's not happening.

The offense will run through Harden on the iso. We only screen to get switches or when we're running the pick and roll.

I do agree it's time to stop trying to force it to Capela. If it's not there then it's not there. Harden did a good job of getting to the rim and finishing (not looking for contact). We need more of it in game 3. It'll open the 3s up or it'll mean easier baskets for him. Either will work.
Farmer1906
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

lol you honestly think KD isn't their best player? What the ****?

Read it again. Their 2nd best player is a 2 time MVP (Curry). KD only has one.
mazag08
AG
Farmer1906 said:

mazag08 said:

The offense will run through Harden on the iso. We only screen to get switches or when we're running the pick and roll.

I do agree it's time to stop trying to force it to Capela. If it's not there then it's not there. Harden did a good job of getting to the rim and finishing (not looking for contact). We need more of it in game 3. It'll open the 3s up or it'll mean easier baskets for him. Either will work.

I hear you. This is why GS is the best team. They have the best players, AND give relentless effort, AND have an offense that can get anyone a shot whenever they want because of the movement and flow.

We are damn good, but we are limited by being limited to "we do what we do" offensively. GS has our number, and we have nothing to fight back with other than "do what we do" but hopefully do it better than we usually do.
Farmer1906
AG
What we do do is take better shots than them. We stayed in it because of the 3 ball. If GS adopted more of where we shoot on the floor they could be even better.

Some of GS "offense" is having a screen grab and basic lead block to get shortest wide open. It drives me nuts they never call it.

Their effort is outstanding. They have some many good options. Then, worse case you just have KD shoot over the smaller guy guarding him.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Shame Houston didn't show up until the 2nd quarter. What was it 4-5 straight turn overs to start the game and everyone lead to GS points? Can't start like garbage against them
Gigemags382
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Apart from the fact that this statement literally is not true...

Winning 4 out of 5 against one of (if not the) best teams of all time is practically impossible. It took a miracle for the Cavs to do it and that was with the best player of the generation in his prime, and against a Warriors team that didn't yet have the 2nd best player of the generation on the team.
Hickory High
AG
The real winner here is not the Warriors, it's me. For going to bed at the end of the 3rd. Wasn't about to let myself fall for it.

We're ****ed.
WES2006AG
AG
Hickory High said:

The real winner here is not the Warriors, it's me. For going to bed at the end of the 3rd. Wasn't about to let myself fall for it.

We're ****ed.
Don't forget to collect your prize today for the early ballgame call. I hear it is a lucrative business to be in.
ATM9000
AG
Engine10 said:

When the Warriors know they are playing a team as good as the Rockets are and play with urgency which they are... I don't think the Rockets can beat them.

Frankly, I think they were lucky the Warriors didn't put 40 up on them in the first quarter.

I know the hype has said the Warriors are down and overrated... but in all that hype people forgot how incredibly great their team really is.
Hickory High
AG
Just tryin to joke around here, relax
Hickory High
AG
For me, it was abundantly clear last night that we need a REAL small forward in the worst way. In an ideal, non-salary cap world, Khris Middleton would be the perfect fit. Not sure who we can actually afford this offseason though. Wonder how much Royce O'Neal will cost...
Frok
AG
We need Kevin Durant, maybe we can sign him this off-season.
Ag_07
AG
Probably a dumb question you basketball guys but as a casual fan watching I thought the coaching by Dantoni was not very good last night.

They kept going back to that Harden/Capela high pick and roll and GS kept sniffing it out. It wasn't working yet during one important stretch in the 4Q they tried it like 3 possessions in a row and all 3 resulted in TOs.

I just didn't get that on a night when they were shooting pretty well and needing to close the gap in the 4Q.
Proposition Joe
mazag08 said:

Farmer1906 said:

mazag08 said:

I hear you. This is why GS is the best team. They have the best players, AND give relentless effort, AND have an offense that can get anyone a shot whenever they want because of the movement and flow.

We are damn good, but we are limited by being limited to "we do what we do" offensively. GS has our number, and we have nothing to fight back with other than "do what we do" but hopefully do it better than we usually do.

This.

If Harden is on and Rockets 3's are falling, they can beat anyone. Hell they can blow out anyone -- including Golden State.

But if Harden struggles/no-shows and/or the 3's aren't falling, they don't have many consistent answers.

If Curry isn't playing well? Thompson can pick up the slack. Or Iguodala. Or they can just hand the ball off to one of the greatest players of the era who has shown it really doesn't matter how you guard him. Hell even Livington hit a good looking shot last night.

They also have multiple strategies to attack you on offense because of those weapons. The analytics have been hammered into Houston's head so much that they completely ignore anything inside the 3 away from the paint... Statistically that is sound, but if the other teams knows you are doing that it really changes what kind of looks you can get.

But even ignoring all of that... Harden is an elite player, but it goes back to much of what has been said about him for years and years -- he takes off plays (offensive and defensively), flails and looks for a call so much that if the refs aren't calling the game a certain way then productivity plummets, and when things don't go his way he often quits on the play. With a couple minutes left Harden drove to the rim and put a shot up and thought he got hacked. He may have been hacked. He probably was hacked. But while he was busy pouting out of bounds the ball was up for rebound.

We've seen Chris Paul do the same type thing (busy complaining to the ref while the other team is pushing a fast break)... The team has taken on that personality.

All that being said, with everything that went wrong the Rockets were still in both games.

You can't really go away from what brought you to this point offensively, but you've tried everything you can against Durant and it hasn't mattered... With the way this series has gone there's no love lost between the two teams... It's time to put Durant on his ass a few times with hard fouls and see if that rattles him.

He may get pissed off and go off for 50... but seems like he's capable of doing that anyways so what's there to lose?
Farmer1906
AG
I would perfectly find if KD played like he did last night every remaining game. He needed 22 shots to hit 29 points. Let him get his with contested shots over the top.

We cannot allow Iggy & Green to go 12-19 from the field.
First Page Last Page
Page 158 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.