*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,358 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

That missed call that should've sent Wiggins to the line was a killer

That and the two three pointers from Minnesota that went halfway down before popping out.
Dan Scott
AG
Well we had to go through the Warriors to get to the finals anyways. Play them 2nd or 3rd round don't matter
TexAgs1992
The whole Timberwolves organization can go play in traffic for not scoring a point in the last four minutes.
CFTXAG10
AG
Still in a good spot. Home court against the Jazz. Then get the Warriors a round early with less mileage on CP3/Harden. Should be fun!
3rdGen2015
AG
At least we get to take our anger out on the Jazz. **** the Jazz.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Still in a good spot. Home court against the Jazz. Then get the Warriors a round early with less mileage on CP3/Harden. Should be fun!

Would have home court against OKC in conf finals, so yeah, just facing warriors earlier if they can get past jazz.
Dan Scott
AG
Sunday night game
Dan Scott
AG
TexAgs1992
Death, taxes, and the ****ing 8:30pm Sunday tip. I swear to God, we are so disrespected by the media.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
The worst time slot yet again. It's not like Game of Thrones is going to be back on after two years or anything.
k20dub
AG
Those start times
jckrjr7
AG
Looks like I won't be watching much of our first round games with those start times.
WES2006AG
AG
I don't know why I'm disappointed about getting screwed with the Sunday 8:30 opening weekend start.

It happens every ****ing year. Someone should remind the NBA that we are in the central time zone.
AG@RICE
AG
That start time is completely illogical. The Por-OKC game on Sunday will be on the West Coast and they gave it a 2:30pm CT start time.

Oh well, it will be easy to not watch these games if we start to choke away our season
CFTXAG10
AG
Looking at how we fared against the Jazz this season: series split 2-2 (with each team winning 1 home 1 away)

Oct. 24 (Home)
Jazz 100 - Rockets 89 (CP3 was out, Melo played 38 minutes, MCW played 20 minutes)

Dec. 6 (Away)
Jazz 118 - Rockets 91 (another game where Ennis, Clark, MCW, and Nene were all "contributing")

Dec. 17 (Home)
Jazz 97 - Rockets 102 (mostly all current rotation guys, only outlier was Knight for 8 minutes)

Feb. 2 (Away)
Jazz 98 - Rockets 125 (Capela, House, and Paul were all out, used mix of Faried/Nene, Rivers had 34 minutes, Ennis played 30 minutes)

I found it interesting that the only game we had our current rotation was December 17, and even then the roster looked completely different.
rvk246
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Looking at how we fared against the Jazz this season: series split 2-2 (with each team winning 1 home 1 away)

Oct. 24 (Home)
Jazz 100 - Rockets 89 (CP3 was out, Melo played 38 minutes, MCW played 20 minutes)

Dec. 6 (Away)
Jazz 118 - Rockets 91 (another game where Ennis, Clark, MCW, and Nene were all "contributing")

Dec. 17 (Home)
Jazz 97 - Rockets 102 (mostly all current rotation guys, only outlier was Knight for 8 minutes)

Feb. 2 (Away)
Jazz 98 - Rockets 125 (Capela, House, and Paul were all out, used mix of Faried/Nene, Rivers had 34 minutes, Ennis played 30 minutes)

I found it interesting that the only game we had our current rotation was December 17, and even then the roster looked completely different.

It's a good matchup for us. Unfortunately it also means that we face GS in the second round.
WES2006AG
AG
Capela dominated Gobert in the 2nd round last year. Hoping for a repeat of that this year.
k20dub
AG
Utah had the 3rd best record in the NBA since the All-Star break so they're coming in hot.

Fortunately, we had the best record in the NBA since the ASB.
SquirrellyDan
AG
I'd choose our scenario, even though it means playing GS RD 2, before I'd choose playing OKC in first round. I don't like how we match up with them and Paul George is in beast mode. And to me, Denver at the 2 seed has the toughest road to the finals, having to beat OKC and GS/HOU.
CFTXAG10
AG

Quote:

It's a good matchup for us. Unfortunately it also means that we face GS in the second round.
I have heard a lot of differing opinions before and after this became a sure thing. I look at it like this: If Denver had farted away that game against Minnesota you would have had to play San Antonio then the winner of Denver/OKC before ultimately traveling to Golden State for game 1 of the WCF. The only thing changing is getting the opportunity to face Golden State one series sooner than expected.

Personally I do not see a disadvantage to this setup. You don't have to log 2 series worth of minutes on CP3 and Harden before arriving in Golden State. Plus we have known all along the path to the NBA Finals runs through the Warriors. If we have the team that can beat them in the WCF we have the team that can beat them in round 2.
3rdGen2015
AG
The only difference is the historical narrative. If the Rockets lose to the Warriors again, it would look better in 10 years if they lost in the WCF as opposed to the second round.
k20dub
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

The only difference is the historical narrative. If the Rockets lose to the Warriors again, it would look better in 10 years if they lost in the WCF as opposed to the second round.
Do you remember who lost in the second round and conference finals 10 years ago?
3rdGen2015
AG
As a test I tried to figure it out before looking it up. I got 3/4 Conference Finals teams (I thought Boston lost to Orlando that year in the ECF). I knew the Rockets lost in 7 to the eventual champion Lakers in the second round though.

That doesn't change my point though: historical context is a real thing that people, especially media people, talk about. It doesn't matter for the here and now, but it will matter when we look back and judge the Harden/CP3 era.
canadiaggie
AG
Imagine the shockwaves if we knock out GSW before the WCF.
CFTXAG10
AG
I think with all the MVP debates going on fans/league officials wouldn't mind seeing the Rockets and Bucks square off in the finals. Plus it would give the media plenty of time to speculate about Durant leaving and the demise of the Warriors.
rvk246
AG
Ready for another fun postseason with you guys
Bonfired
AG
I'm in the camp that is OK with this first round matchup, and fine with facing Golden State earlier rather than later. Let it fly and see what happens.
k20dub
AG
This is actually pretty cool

Hickory High
AG
No one has ever gotten torched by Harden due to a lack of knowledge.

It's due to a lack of ability.
CFTXAG10
AG
Here's the micd up version

WES2006AG
3rdGen2015
Aggie09Derek
AG
Have extras for Sunday/Wednesday available:

https://texags.com/forums/11/topics/3030801

PM or email me at Aggie09Derek@gmail.com
dshedd41
S
http://www.facebook.com/houstonrockets/videos/441549679749552/?eid=ARCnHKGeNqLj3eYSov1buiv3uadZfi-e91F7GvF4SncX9FExSYFJ3t-iT0wMAEk-F_EDFqlscDGvQ7bc
Gig’em Aggies!
mAgnoliAg
AG
Montrezl Harrell dominating golden state
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.