*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

715,816 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Money Ag said:

D'Antoni said Harden is doubtful for tomorrow
Wonder if that is just a cautious move given that it is the first week of the season or if James is really having a problem. Either way lets do whatever it takes to make sure this doesn't linger.
3rdGen2015
AG
I think I saw that it's a hamstring issue. If that's the case, let him rest until it is fully healed. The last thing we need is for Harden to have a lingering hamstring injury.
TXAG14
3rdGen2015
AG

Hickory High
AG
I would hate that. FOUR first round picks??? That's terrible.

I will say that If we get to offload Knight & Nene and get Dieng, I'll hate it less.
rvk246
AG
Oh my god if morey does this we're going to end up like the nets in a few years
mAgnoliAg
AG
Statistics show the nba draft is a crapshoot. We will not be a lottery team in the next 4 years also.
Hickory High
AG
rvk246 said:

Oh my god if morey does this we're going to end up like the nets in a few years

This will be the simple comparison people will make, but the difference in team situations between us and those Nets is HUGE. Not even close to the same thing really.

TWolves are terrible at drafting anyways, so they'll waste all of the picks.
rvk246
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Statistics show the nba draft is a crapshoot. We will not be a lottery team in the next 4 years also.

You can't trade two first round picks in a row (it's against the rules) you have to deal them every two years meaning that we're offering 19,21,23, and 25. We will likely be a lottery team in 25 and possibly 23.
Olsen
AG
Four 1st round picks is too much!
k20dub
AG
Definitely feels like too much initially but I'll wait until we hear the full details.
WES2006AG
AG
Jimmy is under contract this year and next. That is our window before we really have to worry about CP losing a step. I am weary of giving up that much but if it allows us to keep the team mainly in tact and really make a run I could see us doing this. Jimmy would go a long way to making this team a good defensive team.

With all that said the deal could look nothing like what is being reported.
rvk246
AG
Next year is a player option for butler which he'll decline to sign a 5 year max in July 2019. He's a 1 year rental unless morey has a handshake agreement like he had with cp3.
WES2006AG
AG
rvk246 said:

Next year is a player option for butler which he'll decline to sign a 5 year max in July 2019. He's a 1 year rental unless morey has a handshake agreement like he had with cp3.
You are right, I didn't see that. That changes everything and really makes me wonder what Morey is trying to do.
rvk246
AG
I think he's trying to get butler without giving up Gordon or tucker. Knight + Chriss + picks matches salary and they'll be available for trade on October 31. And woj said that if we get butler, we will try to re-sign him long term.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
4 1st rounders seems crazy. If they do that and don't win it all that's a massive failure.
TXAG14
M.C. Swag
AG
Oh man...that's an insane offer. Talk about mortgaging the future.

On the other side; IF Thibbs turns down this offer...lmao talk about conflict of interest.
agdaddy04
AG
That's nuts
Ag_07
AG
The only thing dumber would be MIN not accepting that on the spot.
canadiaggie
AG
Ag_07 said:

The only thing dumber would be MIN not accepting that on the spot.

Zack Lowe said to watch for Oct 31 because it might be Chriss or Knight in the trade.

If we keep PJ and Eric gordon, that changes the complexion of this whole deal.
Dan Scott
AG
Get it done!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Win for both sides. We need to win now. Don't care how good GSW is, this is the best our window will be for a long time. Makes sense for Minnesota because...well, that whole org is a **** show right now. I'm shocked both Butler and Thibs are still there.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Minnesota Vikings support this trade
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
The Rockets don't draft especially well either, so I'm not worried about the first-rounders. We do better in the free agent market.
Aggie09Derek
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Minnesota Vikings support this trade

Basketball=/=football when it comes to picks and retaining players.

A 3rd round pick in the NFL is much more valuable than a late 1st in NBA.
M.C. Swag
AG
It was a joke Derek.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Haha I know and know the reference. But I don't think we are selling the farm like some people do.
lil99chris
AG
If the Rockets want a chance to represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals, they need Jimmy Butler.
Farmer1906
AG
lil99chris said:

If the Rockets want a chance to represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals, they need Jimmy Butler.

I think it is as simple as that. Our window is now. We have Paul, James, & Clint locked up. Add Jimmy and we might have a real chance at beating GS.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but we get his bird rights too so we could offer a stupid big contract and just pay out of ass in tax and repeater tax. It'll be the most expensive team ever but it ain't my money. I just want titles.
agdaddy04
AG
Yep that's what Matt Thomas was talking about tonight
M.C. Swag
AG
Yea but the problem is that you aren't simply "adding" Butler. To make the contract work you'd have to give up Gordon and Tucker.

Im not sure it's actually an upgrade when it means gutting the bench and forcing Carmelo into a starting role.
WES2006AG
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Yea but the problem is that you aren't simply "adding" Butler. To make the contract work you'd have to give up Gordon and Tucker.

Im not sure it's actually an upgrade when it means gutting the bench and forcing Carmelo into a starting role.
Pretty sure that was what was being discussed originally and the deal with 4 first round picks was a deal that wouldn't include either of those players. At least that's how I understand it.
M.C. Swag
AG
WES2006AG said:

M.C. Swag said:

Pretty sure that was what was being discussed originally and the deal with 4 first round picks was a deal that wouldn't include either of those players. At least that's how I understand it.

Yea there's still a lot of unknowns.
What are the protections on the picks?
How are you matching salaries?

I don't see how one of Tucker or Gordon don't get traded. But with Knight+Chriss maybe that would work.
mAgnoliAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

WES2006AG said:

M.C. Swag said:

Yea there's still a lot of unknowns.
What are the protections on the picks?
How are you matching salaries?

I don't see how one of Tucker or Gordon don't get traded. But with Knight+Chriss maybe that would work.

The offer was Knight and Chriss and 4 1sts
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.