Went to Mavs vs Beijing Ducks

1,027 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by True Anomaly
DANManman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There wasn't too much to glean from the game, as the Mavs made it the expected laugher, though it took more than a half to do so. However, I do have some thoughts:

Doncic had a nice game. He does lack a burst, but always played in control, and looked every bit the polished player he's been expected to be. His shot looks very good, though he did most of his scoring off the catch. He also made it a point to create for others, and had a nice hockey assist as well as the couple of assist that went in the stat sheet. I would've liked to see him create for himself more, but I guess that will come in time,as he learns what he can and can't do in the NBA.

DFS had a nice shooting game. He looked confident shooting the 3, even under duress. He's teased this in the preseason before, but if he can maintain this shot, he may have a future on the team.

DSJ had his way with the Ducks defense, but that's only to be expected...It was nice to see him hit a catch-and-shoot 3, though.

Anyone else have any observations? Can't wait for the real season to start!
True Anomaly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There was no way I was going to miss Doncic's first game ever in the US, despite it being a preseason game against a CBA team. In this game, he was as advertised- a shot creator and facilitator for others, and also holding his own on defense; he had two big blocks in this game. He gets some slight for not being very athletic, but he had some impressive drives to the basket, which I'm anxious to see how he does that against real NBA talent.

It's been reported that DSJ has somehow gotten more athletic, and it shows- he also seems to have found a better way to finish at the basket on drives.

And maybe it's just I hadn't paid much attention before, but I wasn't aware of DeAndre's ability to pass- pretty good
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.