Lavar just doesn't get it!

2,777 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jteagle
jteagle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not a Rockets fan but I respect players like Patrick Beverly who play hard and especially play defense. Here are some of Lavar's comments after Beverly shut down Lonzo last night.

Quote:

After the Clippers routed the Los Angeles Lakers 108-92 and held Ball to three points, four assists and nine rebounds in his debut, Beverley was heard screaming, "weak ass m-----f-----. Bring him out on the court with me and I will tear his ass up," as he walked off the court and into the locker room.

Quote:

"Yeah, you shut the m-----f----- down," LaVar Ball told ESPN after the game. "And your check still ain't going to go no higher than what it is. Yeah, you shut him down. OK ... Who is Patrick Beverley? He played all last year and nobody said nothing about him. Now we are looking at your first game. Why? Because Lonzo's name is attached to it.
Quote:

"So you got to be [all hard]," Ball added as he slapped his fists together. "Let's see what you do the next five games, if you are going to be pumped up towards everybody like that and go back to your 0-for-5 shooting and your two or three rebounds. Nobody is going to care about you. But you put my son's name in it and you put my name in it, now you got some action and you got some people talking."
RebAg13
AG
Bev
Bulldog73
AG
Bev's the man and talked about all the time for shutting better idiots down.
CreedBratton
I greatly miss the days when I had no clue LaVar Ball existed
Bulldog73
AG
He's the Kim Kardashian of the NBA.
WES2006AG
AG
This makes me miss Pat Bev even more.
jteagle
AG
CreedBratton said:

I greatly miss the days when I had no clue LaVar Ball existed
The irony is that Lavar says nobody would be looking at Beverly if not for Lonzo but the exact same thing can be said for him!
badharambe
AG
also, if pat bev is a nobody, and a nobody completely shut his son down......what does that make his son?
zooguy96
He's a nobody who has sons talented at BB, which makes him think he's a somebody.

What an idiot. Overbearing, condescending idiot.

Amazed Lonzo is so humble in most of his interviews.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Lavar Ball is no doubt obnoxious (though also humorous at times). Pretty clear it is mostly a very calculated act by Ball (basically you can just think of him as doing a WWF style act...nothing more or less), which the media seems to enjoy giving attention to.

I'll say one thing though...as big a mouth as Lavar Ball does have...Patrick Beverly never knew his real dad, and his step-dad was a gangmember who got killed in a shoot out when Beverly was in junior high school. Lavar is still a million times better father to his boys (present in their lives, taking care of them) than what Beverly ever had around him. And I'm sure Bev would probably agree with that. Even though Lavar absolutely deserves to get punked as well for some of the outlandish stuff he says.
PatAg
AG
I thought Beverly was pretty obnoxious throughout that whole game.

but f*** the Ball family.
Ags #1
AG
Lavar being a better father than a gang member or a Dad who left his kids isn't saying much. Wtf is he teaching his kids? How to be a pompous *******?
Guitarsoup
AG
I look forward to Lavar Ball running against Trump in 2020.
Kellso
jteagle said:

I'm not a Rockets fan but I respect players like Patrick Beverly who play hard and especially play defense. Here are some of Lavar's comments after Beverly shut down Lonzo last night.

Quote:

After the Clippers routed the Los Angeles Lakers 108-92 and held Ball to three points, four assists and nine rebounds in his debut, Beverley was heard screaming, "weak ass m-----f-----. Bring him out on the court with me and I will tear his ass up," as he walked off the court and into the locker room.

Quote:

"Yeah, you shut the m-----f----- down," LaVar Ball told ESPN after the game. "And your check still ain't going to go no higher than what it is. Yeah, you shut him down. OK ... Who is Patrick Beverley? He played all last year and nobody said nothing about him. Now we are looking at your first game. Why? Because Lonzo's name is attached to it.
Quote:

"So you got to be [all hard]," Ball added as he slapped his fists together. "Let's see what you do the next five games, if you are going to be pumped up towards everybody like that and go back to your 0-for-5 shooting and your two or three rebounds. Nobody is going to care about you. But you put my son's name in it and you put my name in it, now you got some action and you got some people talking."

Lavar Ball absolutely gets it.

He isn't trying to be your friend, or make you like him.

He is taking a playbook out of the Kardashian./trump model and stating all sort of outlandish things because the press eats it up.

Its straight out of the 48 Laws of power. Court attention at all cost.
jteagle
AG
Kellso said:

jteagle said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lavar Ball absolutely gets it.

He isn't trying to be your friend, or make you like him.

He is taking a playbook out of the Kardashian./trump model and stating all sort of outlandish things because the press eats it up.

Its straight out of the 48 Laws of power. Court attention at all cost.
Oh I realize that. I guess it all depends on what you goal and priority is.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.