*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

306,946 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OlRock
aggieactor01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
West Texan said:

1. Trade Kawhi
2. Draft Luka Doncic
3. ???
4. Profit

That's his mom
Btron
AG
aggieactor01 said:

West Texan said:

1. Trade Kawhi
2. Draft Luka Doncic
3. ???
4. Profit

That's his mom

You're lying...right?
Guitarsoup
AG
Luka, I am your father
Enzo The Baker
AG
According to Zach Lowe, the Cavs have offered Love and the 8th pick for Kawhi.
FTAG 2000
AG
So far I've seen

The aforementioned Cavs offer
Memphis 4 and Parsons
Clips 12,13, Harris

flashplayer
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

According to Zach Lowe, the Cavs have offered Love and the 8th pick for Kawhi.

Only way this helps Spurs is if they then trade Love or Aldridge, or both.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
AG 2000' said:

So far I've seen

Memphis 4 and Parsons
Clips 12,13, Harris

DO NOT take on Chandler Parsons, Spurs.

And ESPN's reporting the Cavs want to keep Kevin Love regardless of LBJ's decision.
LawHall88
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

AG 2000' said:

So far I've seen

Memphis 4 and Parsons
Clips 12,13, Harris

And ESPN's reporting the Cavs want to keep Kevin Love regardless of LBJ's decision.
ESPN's current mock draft has Robert Williams falling to the Spurs. It was also reported that Williams declined the draft green room invite. Could be he is worried about falling even lower in the draft. Nobody wants to be the last guy in the green room.
Pumpkinhead
AG
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/21/17487582/kawhi-leonard-spurs-lakers-nba-reality

Quote:

No matter how the Kawhisis plays out, we know one thing: If the Spurs can lose control of their franchise player, no team is safe. Superstars have more power than ever, and they are going to keep flexing it with shorter contracts, trade demands, and alliances with other playersto create the reality they want.
aggieactor01
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/21/17487582/kawhi-leonard-spurs-lakers-nba-reality

Quote:

No matter how the Kawhisis plays out, we know one thing: If the Spurs can lose control of their franchise player, no team is safe. Superstars have more power than ever, and they are going to keep flexing it with shorter contracts, trade demands, and alliances with other playersto create the reality they want.

Seems like an accurate statement.
Ranger222
AG
What if the Celtics got involved? I would try and get Jaylen Brown + any combo of their King's and Griz picks. That, to me, seems like the best package available
LouisHerbertWong
AG
Kawhi for Tatum, straight up. I don't like Brown... He was too inconsistent in the Cavs series: 3-8, 10-23, 4-15, 11-18, 5-18. Meh.
BBQ4Me
AG
I'd love to get Tatum. He's a future top-10 player. But IIRC you can't trade him straight up given the salary disparity.
LawHall88
AG
UMichAg said:

I'd love to get Tatum. He's a future top-10 player. But IIRC you can't trade him straight up given the salary disparity.
And Boston won't give him up anyway.
Pendragon12
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Kawhi for Tatum, straight up. I don't like Brown... He was too inconsistent in the Cavs series: 3-8, 10-23, 4-15, 11-18, 5-18. Meh.

Most of Boston feels Ainge views Tatum as untouchable as a player can get with Ainge.
FTAG 2000
AG
In a vacuum sure. But would Ainge be okay with the idea of Kawhi landing in Cleveland with James or going to Philly?

I'm sure Pop and RC are working all angles and playing the game.
West Texan
AG
LawHall88 said:

AustinAg2012 said:

AG 2000' said:

So far I've seen

Memphis 4 and Parsons
Clips 12,13, Harris

ESPN's current mock draft has Robert Williams falling to the Spurs. It was also reported that Williams declined the draft green room update. Could be he is worried about falling even lower in the draft. Nobody wants to be the last guy in the green room.

If we're staying put at 18 I think Williams falling to us would be a great pickup if we weren't so desperate for a wing. We all saw his rebounding and defense in his time here at A&M, and I think he'd thrive as a pick and roll lob machine. Let Chip work on his shooting mechanics so he's not completely broken from the free throw line, and I think you've got Deandre Jordan part 2. Problem is, if Kawhi is on his way out we have no one that can get buckets on the perimeter currently and I can see that impacting who we'd pick if Williams fell to us.
West Texan
AG
LawHall88 said:

UMichAg said:

Boston won't give him up because of the potential they see in him. Spurs shouldn't do Kawhi for Tatum straight up because currently he's not on the same level to be worth Kawhi by himself. Neither team would make that deal.
Pumpkinhead
AG
West Texan said:

LawHall88 said:

UMichAg said:

Boston won't give him up because of the potential they see in him. Spurs shouldn't do Kawhi for Tatum straight up because currently he's not on the same level to be worth Kawhi by himself. Neither team would make that deal.
Boston has what seems a future star in Tatum on a long-term cheap rookie contract. They would be nuts to trade Tatum IMO for a possible one-year rental, possibly injury prone Kawhi. Even if the contract hits on the cap space were closing to matching up...which they are not.

There are definitely some dumb teams out there who can make dumb deals, but if the Spurs are trying to outsmart somebody in the trading market, Boston is unlikely to be one that will be easy to outsmart.
West Texan
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

There are definitely some dumb teams out there who can make dumb deals, but if the Spurs are trying to outsmart somebody in the trading market, Boston is unlikely to be one that will be easy to outsmart.

This.
FTAG 2000
AG
West Texan said:

LawHall88 said:

AustinAg2012 said:

AG 2000' said:

So far I've seen

Memphis 4 and Parsons
Clips 12,13, Harris

ESPN's current mock draft has Robert Williams falling to the Spurs. It was also reported that Williams declined the draft green room update. Could be he is worried about falling even lower in the draft. Nobody wants to be the last guy in the green room.

If we're staying put at 18 I think Williams falling to us would be a great pickup if we weren't so desperate for a wing. We all saw his rebounding and defense in his time here at A&M, and I think he'd thrive as a pick and roll lob machine. Let Chip work on his shooting mechanics so he's not completely broken from the free throw line, and I think you've got Deandre Jordan part 2. Problem is, if Kawhi is on his way out we have no one that can get buckets on the perimeter currently and I can see that impacting who we'd pick if Williams fell to us.

Spurs need scorers and defenders period. RW could get there but we need more shooters to free things up if we are going to continue to run the O thru Aldridge.
Ag Natural
AG
I really like Williams potential. But his game doesn't seem like a great fit in SA unless Pop just goes all in being a pure defensive team.
West Texan
AG
Ag Natural said:

I really like Williams potential. But his game doesn't seem like a great fit in SA unless Pop just goes all in being a pure defensive team.

He doesn't fit the current offensive scheme that throws it in to LaMarcus and relies on more isos and a second big that can shoot from the outside. However, we won a championship with Tiago Splitter who offensively was just a pick and roll man. Now Tiago was an excellent passer and Williams would need to work on that, but the offense could easily be adjusted to find a place for big Rob.
Pendragon12
AG
If we can do something with Kawhi to get a higher pick (or two), address our wing/scoring need, keep 18, and somehow Robert Williams falls to us, that's best-case scenario. I think Williams could be a good piece long term, but unfortunately we just need other pieces more right now with Kawhi up in the air.
Pendragon12
AG
I hope we do something to make this team better tonight. I don't know what we can offer without including Kawhi and/or 18, but I don't like the idea of standing pat unless all of this media buzz about Kawhi being done in SA is 100% false.
West Texan
AG
I'm still sold on Kevin Huerter or Troy Brown at 18 (if we don't trade up). Something I'd look into if I were in any position to do so, trade up in the second round if Omari Spellman falls into the 30s. I think he's going to be a solid rotational big that can rebound, defend, and shot over 40% from 3 on almost 4 attempts a game. A little undersized at 6'9", but a lot to like about him as well.
Ulrich
I'm not sure Williams makes sense without getting a real point guard first. We're already offensively challenged, do we have anyone who can draw weak side help and throw the lob up?
Ag Natural
AG
Ive seen mocks with either Jerome Robinson or Khyri Thomas. I'd be thrilled with either.
flashplayer
AG
Guys like Williams aren't worth much in the NBA without a masterful shooter/passer that sucks up the defense, of which the Spurs don't possess outside of Leonard (and to much lesser extent Gay and Manu), all of which may be gone next year
Iowaggie
AG
Gay question here:

What is possibility that Rudy does what Pau did last summer.
Opt out of deal, sign multi-year deal for about the same amount.

Does that free up cash for signing other free agents, or is it different.
drewbie08
AG
I'm getting tired of hearing about Kawhi. It's a shame because I think most of us wanted him to have the demeanor of TD, that's obviously not the case.

So in efforts to distract from the trade scenarios, question for the resident Spurs fans:

Who wins in a 7-game series...the 2018 Warriors or the 2014 Beautiful Game Spurs? That year Spurs team was my most favorite out of the last 20 years. I think they seriously challenge if not outright win against this years Dubs. Thoughts?
Good Poster
AG
drewbie08 said:

I'm getting tired of hearing about Kawhi. It's a shame because I think most of us wanted him to have the demeanor of TD, that's obviously not the case.

So in efforts to distract from the trade scenarios, question for the resident Spurs fans:

Who wins in a 7-game series...the 2018 Warriors or the 2014 Beautiful Game Spurs? That year Spurs team was my most favorite out of the last 20 years. I think they seriously challenge if not outright win against this years Dubs. Thoughts?

2018 Warriors. Not close.
drewbie08
AG
I don't necessarily disagree with your take, but why do you think it wouldn't be close?
s13fenton
Considering the Rockets almost won this year, I have no doubt in my mind the '14 Spurs would have at least taken them to 7
superunknown
AG
Chandler Parsons is butt. Top 3 worst contracts currently in NBA?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.