*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

306,966 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OlRock
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mills was an insurance policy, but there was no excuse for signing him day one, minute one of free agency for that much cash.

I know the Spurs have a tendency to overpay for their older guys, but paying that much for a guy who couldn't stay on the court against GS and Houston, our primary rivals in the west, was boneheaded.
Iowaggie
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Iowaggie said:

LawHall88
AG
Seems to me Bradley and Green are redundant, but. .

OlRock
AG
I know it's Phoenix, but damn, this is a great start to the rodeo road trip. And patty just hit a three...
OlRock
AG
He just made another one
OlRock
AG
Ok, 3 in a row on 3 consecutive possessions
Ulrich
Well, this was not much of a contest.
OlRock
AG
Apparently flirting with our largest margin of victory, which is 51 according to a quick GIS. 49 is a close 2nd.
OlRock
AG
3rd largest MOV at 48. Lauvergne turned it over on last possession that led to a Suns dunk
Ag Natural
AG
Avery Bradley is MUCH better than Danny Green.
Enzo The Baker
AG
With losing a defender in Simmons over the summer, getting Bradley would be great. He hasn't had the most stellar year this year (41% from the field but 38% from three) but he would really help against the warriors or rockets on the defensive end. And maybe being in the Spurs system would revive his offensive numbers.

The Clippers want a first rounder, but if the spurs believe in young guys they already have in their pipeline, and they think Kawhi will get healthy, I think it would be worth it. Even if this is his last year on his contract, I think it's worth the gamble as we will most likely get a late first rounder anyways. Our team can only have so many young guys, especially with tony and manu's last days upon the horizon.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
AB would be a great addition. Pull the trigger and let him make an impact during the RR.
LawHall88
AG

But I'm inclined to agree with this:

I don't see how Bradley moves the needle enough to be worth Green and a first rounder, even if the pick is in the bottom 5 picks of the round.
FTAG 2000
AG
If they want take Mills and his stupid contract, maybe. Verde and a first would be stupid.
Pendragon12
AG
If you get some assurances that Bradley would resign, I could see Green and a second rounder or two. But LAC probably wouldn't take that.

I don't think a possible Bradley rental for Green and a first is worth it to us. I just don't see the value add to give a first rounder and Danny.

It's either Mills and a first, or a couple of seconds and Danny to me.
LawHall88
AG
AG 2000' said:

If they want take Mills and his stupid contract, maybe. Verde and a first would be stupid.
If there was any chance of Mills being traded, Murray's sprained ankle probably ended it. If Murray misses any time, trade Mills and we're left with Parker and, I suppose, Manu to run point.
Pendragon12
AG
LawHall88 said:

AG 2000' said:

If there was any chance of Mills being traded, Murray's sprained ankle probably ended it. If Murray misses any time, trade Mills and we're left with Parker and, I suppose, Manu to run point.

Bryn has done okay handling the ball some against second unit guys. But I think Kyle would be a main ball handler if that happens. He's done better than Patty at distributing anyway.
Ag Natural
AG
I think everyone is vastly underrating Bradley. He would have to agree to an extension at a reasonable price but I'd trade Danny for him easily. That first round pick is also vastly overrated and Bradley is an all defensive team caliber player.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I would also trade for him for green if we could give him an extension. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind parting with Gay and a first rounder for him.
Ulrich
I don't care about the first. I do care about how much Green expects on his next deal and whether Bradley would resign and for how much.

Green is a steal at 10mm per, but he has a player option next year and his decisions over the next two years are the most important ones of his life, financially. If the spurs think they'll get outbid, they might as well let him go now IF they're getting a commitment from a player like Bradley.

Bradley is an upgrade offensively, but in the last year of a very cheap deal. I believe that he would be an excellent fit one the Spurs.

I don't like this idea all that much because there is so much uncertainty around the contracts and the players will end up playing similar roles unless the Spurs are thinking more PG than SG for Bradley, which would probably mean Murray isn't the PG of the future. I think I'd rather keep Green who has been such a great fit for 8 years now than bring in a new guy who may want more shots and a lot more money in an offense that already has Aldridge and theoretically Leonard. It may be the right move, maybe I'm just reacting to the idea of seeing Green go.

This ended up being a mess of a post.
Guitarsoup
AG
Gay and a first would be great.

Bradley/Green/Kawhi playing D on Curry/Klay/Durant or Paul/Harden/Gordon
aggie_fan13
AG
Lakers just sent Clarkson and Nance to CLE

Edit :

LawHall88
AG
azulAg said:

Lakers just sent Clarkson and Nance to CLE
For Channing Frye and the suddenly very unpopular Isaiah Thomas. Six months ago Thomas was the darling of the NBA and the replacement for Kyrie Irving. Now, not so much.

Lebron and Isaiah must not get along.

aggie_fan13
AG
No doubt, I cant help but feel IT never wanted to team up with Lebron
LouisHerbertWong
AG
The Cavs are trading errrybody! Wow, this is nuts.
Guitarsoup
AG
Georgie Hill to Cleveland
Ag Natural
AG
I think Clarkson is massively underrated as well. Not sure why the Lakers never seemed to want him to be a part of their core.
jteagle
AG
Cavs trade Shumpert(Kings), Rose and Crowder(Jazz) and get Hill and Hood in a 3 team deal.
jteagle
AG
Also Cavs send Wade back to Miami.
Ag Natural
AG
Holy trade machine bat man.
Ulrich
Look out, Morey, LeBron is gunning for the "most hyperactive GM" title.
Obi Wan Ginobili
My first thought when I heard about the LA/Cleveland deal was "sweet, now LA can sign LeBron and Paul George and **** right off from signing Kawhi"
Pendragon12
AG
Ulrich said:

I don't care about the first. I do care about how much Green expects on his next deal and whether Bradley would resign and for how much.

Green is a steal at 10mm per, but he has a player option next year and his decisions over the next two years are the most important ones of his life, financially. If the spurs think they'll get outbid, they might as well let him go now IF they're getting a commitment from a player like Bradley.

Bradley is an upgrade offensively, but in the last year of a very cheap deal. I believe that he would be an excellent fit one the Spurs.

I don't like this idea all that much because there is so much uncertainty around the contracts and the players will end up playing similar roles unless the Spurs are thinking more PG than SG for Bradley, which would probably mean Murray isn't the PG of the future. I think I'd rather keep Green who has been such a great fit for 8 years now than bring in a new guy who may want more shots and a lot more money in an offense that already has Aldridge and theoretically Leonard. It may be the right move, maybe I'm just reacting to the idea of seeing Green go.

This ended up being a mess of a post.

I don't care about the first if we get a somewhat guarantee that we can resign him at a reasonable level next year. He is still excellent defensively, not as flexible as Green but 3 years younger, and probably more suited to the PGs we face in the West. I don't want him as a PG-ish replacement right now based on everything I've been reading about why things didn't go well for him in Detroit, but Pop and Co. are not Detroit, so there's that.

I think Bradley would be great on the Spurs, and I would love to have him. But not for a short term rental, especially if that means giving up Danny Green (who already knows the system, fits with the team, etc.) and the first. Because now all we did was give up a first round pick for basically a 3 year younger Danny Green who leaves anyway. Our first round picks aren't usually barn burners, so not a huge deal to trade it as long as we don't get left holding the bag this summer.
aggie_fan13
AG
Lol wtf is going on

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.