Big 3 starts today

1,865 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Max Power
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone interested in this? I was until I discovered this morning that the games won't be televised live. Major fail for Ice Cube. FS1 will air the games tomorrow night. So many channels and Cube couldn't find one to air them as they happen?
Seven Costanza
AG
We will have to see what the game looks like. Having it tightly edited early on may be better while they figure things out.
flashplayer
AG
This seems like it has a great chance to go the way of the XFL, but eventually someone has to come up with something decent to fill the late June - late August black hole on the calendar. . .right?

I'd rather watch something like the early 90s Pistons take on the Bulls. 80s Celtics / Lakers. 90s Spurs/ Jazz or Knicks / Pacers or Knicks /Heat. Bring what's left of those old fogies and let them break each other down for a few minutes of 5 on 5 and then a round table discussion / trash talk.
Seven Costanza
AG
Good crowd

C Loves L
I think this has a better chance than the XFL did. I'm very interested

Americans like their football just as the NFL and NCAA play their games.

Basketball fans love basketball. Add in the fact that hard fouls and hand checks are allowed. This could have some legs
Max Power
AG
I watched a little bit of it and it was pretty fun, I enjoyed it, will watch more. I think this certainly has the chance to become a thing, not just a novelty. Given the players involved it has instantly more credibility with even casual fans more than the XFL ever did. They probably missed out on some players purely because they didn't know if it was a gimmick or not.

There are other things going for it as well, they can play it anywhere, including the cities that have no NBA presence (Seattle, St Louis, KC, Pitt, Vegas, San Diego, you name it). They will bring in higher marquis players as it gains legitimacy and money. I don't know that you'd end up seeing guys like Kobe, Shaq, or Duncan but maybe guys like Chris Webber, Grant Hill, Garnett, McGrady think about it. There are already NBA HOFers involved in this league and playing on teams. If this were to show up in my town I'd go, no doubt.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.