****Official Dallas Mavericks 2016-17 Season thread:**** Staff Warning on OP

33,409 Views | 433 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PooDoo
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hard to believe it was Dallas turning that deal down when Minnesota had that Jimmy Butler deal cooking involving Rubio's backup and the #7.
PooDoo
AG
wow
PooDoo
AG
mavsfan4ever
AG
Welcome to the Dennis Smith era. It's going to be amazing.
Guitarsoup
AG
mavsfan4ever
AG
Hahaha that's awesome.
DANManman
AG
Apparently Mavs have signed Johnathan Motley to a 2-way contract. Great off-season so far!
MountainAg99
AG
Great signing of Motley!
True Anomaly
AG
A year ago, our team had Zaza Pachulia, Javale McGee, Chandler Parsons, Deron Williams, Raymond Felton and f'n Charlie Villanueva. We were trying to get ourselves excited about Justin Anderson.

A year later, through some amazing front office moves, drafting and incredible luck, we've turned all that into Nerlens Noel, Harrison Barnes, Seth Curry, Yogi Ferrell and DSJ- forming your young core to build around for the future. And they still have the benefit of learning from Dirk and Carlisle.

This team may not even make the playoffs next year, but they will be a TON of fun to watch.
Guitarsoup
AG
Dennis Smith has some hops.

https://streamable.com/g0rzf
Galborathelion
If last season's team began as it was after the Yogi/Noel signings in Feb, I think they would have made the playoffs last year. I think they had something like a .600 record in Feb and March before shutting it down at the end of the year when playoffs were out of reach.

With a full off-season to really gel these new centerpieces together, and with DSJ - who could have easily been a top 3 pick in other years - likely being an instant impact rookie, I don't think a 50 win season is out of the realm of possibility. It's an optimistic take that will require a healthy season (esp. Noel), but I bet this team will shock a lot of analysts (like they always seem to do)
NoahAg
PooDoo said:

PatAg
AG
His 3pt shot seem slow to get off to anyone else?
PooDoo
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Dennis Smith has some hops.

https://streamable.com/g0rzf
48 inch vert
PooDoo
AG
PatAg said:

His 3pt shot seem slow to get off to anyone else?
Not at all... he just has a jump shot and can jump really high.

Little Whistle said he has some shooting mechanics that can be addressed but nothing major.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.