***** USMNT vs The Netherlands WC R16 Game Thread (12/3) *****

61,864 Views | 1293 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiephoenix02
Texas A&M University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggies1322 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm seeing a team that's letting the US control the game and tire themselves out but defending well in the box and playing to counterstrike. And it's working so far.

Just because you disagree doesn't make me a troll.

Yeah.. they really wanted pulisic 1v1 with the keeper 2 mins in. If we could finish our chances its 2-2. Go cry into your el tri flag.

That's a silly argument, if NED wins their three finals appearances they have three titles…instead
birdman
The halftime speech is simple.

Dutch had two chances and buried them. Both chances were caused by our mistakes. The Dutch didn't do any special. First goal caused by Adams quitting on play. Second goal was caused by Dest falling asleep.

We are going to keep attacking the left side of Dutch defense. They are really slow over there.

We don't need to score 2 goals in first minute.

Just get a goal in first thirty minutes. 2-1 with 15 minutes left. We are young and hungry. We'll tie it.
jeffdjohnson
The missed Pulisic big chance changed this game. It allowed NED to deploy the strategy of defending deep and countering which has worked.

This is also where the US lack of depth really hurts. Guys like MMA and Dest are just out of gas. Those counters could have been marked better otherwise.
PatAg
AG
We played ourselves into the game on the attack the last 15 minutes, lets see if we can carry it forward
JW
AG
Jesus out at half. who could have predicted that performance.
KCup17
AG
Stop talking about L Tri. Who cares if he's a Mexico fan. This is a USMNT thread. Keep it on topic please.
PatAg
AG
if we can make it a 1 goal game in the first 15 minutes, that would be excellent
agracer
AG
Good to see the US start the half turning the ball over when not being challenged.
Aggies2009
AG
birdman said:

The halftime speech is simple.

Dutch had two chances and buried them. Both chances were caused by our mistakes. The Dutch didn't do any special. First goal caused by Adams quitting on play. Second goal was caused by Dest falling asleep.

We are going to keep attacking the left side of Dutch defense. They are really slow over there.

We don't need to score 2 goals in first minute.

Just get a goal in first thirty minutes. 2-1 with 15 minutes left. We are young and hungry. We'll tie it.

Weird. I have it on good authority that the Netherlands were in complete control.
PatAg
AG
gotta wonder how much practice time Reyna has had in this position
birdman
Find Zimmerman on this corner.
Aggies2009
AG
So close.
Silvertaps
AG
Good grief…just unreal the opportunities
OneBlitzer
AG
Cant finish today!!!
PatAg
AG
awful giveaway from pulisic in midfield

i think i would have subbed one of mckennie or musah off, they just havent been sharp and theyve tired aroudn the 60 minute mark of every match so far
Mathguy64
AG
Good lord. Cleared off the line.
Bunk Moreland
You have got to be ****ting me
PatAg
AG
please man, one time
wtf
Aggies2009
AG
Turner
boogieman
AG
Cleared off the line? Come on!
Agthatbuilds
fig96
AG
The goals are there.
birdman
PatAg said:

i think i would have subbed one of mckennie or musah off, they just havent been sharp and theyve tired aroudn the 60 minute mark of every match so far
I don't think they've played great. But most of the struggles are because of Dutch tactics.
PatAg
AG
I dont like REyna up top, because we need to be getting him on the ball as much as possible
Bunk Moreland
We put a better shot on our goal than theirs.
PatAg
AG
birdman said:

PatAg said:

I don't think they've played great. But most of the struggles are because of Dutch tactics.
Yea my main concern has really just been that I think they both look dead tired so far
Aggies1322
AG
Texas A&M University said:

Aggies1322 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm seeing a team that's letting the US control the game and tire themselves out but defending well in the box and playing to counterstrike. And it's working so far.

Just because you disagree doesn't make me a troll.

Yeah.. they really wanted pulisic 1v1 with the keeper 2 mins in. If we could finish our chances its 2-2. Go cry into your el tri flag.

That's a silly argument, if NED wins their three finals appearances they have three titles…instead

What an idiotic response. His point was that NED was letting us do everything we did. When in reality we created good chances and didn't finish. We've been dangerous.
Whirligigs
Terrible passing - shanking kicks ugh
Muy
AG
Time stood still
agracer
AG
OneBlitzer said:

Cant finish today!!!
Did you watch group play?
PatAg
AG
Mckennie has to give that ball to Reyna on his left in space instead of working it wide for a cross from Weah
tylercsbn9
AG
Story of this game has been we've been unlucky the attacking third and lazy on counters
PatAg
AG
weak shot, but at least he tried the keeper
Aggies2009
AG
Man. So many chances.
Silvertaps
AG
Westin over the bar…again

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.