* WC Group F thread (Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia) *

11,784 Views | 296 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ColoradoMooseHerd
LeonardSkinner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YokelRidesAgain said:

If I was Canadian, I would be outraged to the point of breaking bad.

I would strongly consider reproducing or retransmitting game footage without the express prior permission of the National Hockey League, the National Basketball Association, Major League Soccer, and/or Major League Baseball.

That's how mad I would be.

Would you only apologize for not apologizing?
Mathguy64
AG
It helps to have a GK who is 6 foot 29 inches tall
LeonardSkinner
Thought that had a chance, but Courtois had that covered like Waffle House hash browns.
PatAg
AG
Somewhat surprised that wasn't a red, that tackle was very dangerous
MookieBlaylock
AG
there is your make up card as that should have been a red
Out in Left Field
AG
Bad give away, bad tackle
Mathguy64
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

there is your make up card as that should have been a red

There hasn't been a SFP red card at a WC in something like 16 years.
Mathguy64
AG
The next 3 plus whatever are going to be nasty.
deadbq03
AG
It's been a long time since I've seen a team live in the final third like this and yet come away empty-handed. Canada just can't finish.
La Bamba
AG
Belgium doesn't look deserving of the #2 world ranking.
Mathguy64
AG
This is the first match that I honestly thought was under stoppage time. There were all the subs plus cards plus an injury. In the world before the WC I would have said +5. I fully expected to see +8 or more. They got +5.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Canada can beat Croatia and Morrocco- just need to finish - best keep they will face
La Bamba
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Canada can beat Croatia and Morrocco- just need to finish - best keep they will face

Agreed. Canada showed out. They have a good team.
Rudyjax
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

the linesman raised the flag for the foul not the offside

Straight up is offside. Straight up with a wiggle is a foul.
Rudyjax
AG
PatAg said:

You mean the scissor tackle?
Rudyjax
AG
Mathguy64 said:

This is the first match that I honestly thought was under stoppage time. There were all the subs plus cards plus an injury. In the world before the WC I would have said +5. I fully expected to see +8 or more. They got +5.

This is the referee that stoped a match at 85 minutes. Then again at exactly 90.
Rudyjax
AG
La Bamba said:

MookieBlaylock said:

With more MLS than the US.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

PatAg said:

You mean the scissor tackle?

The from behind, shoulder grab, two leg tackle- yeah that one - but this ref was clueless so there is that
Mathguy64
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Mathguy64 said:

This is the referee that stoped a match at 85 minutes. Then again at exactly 90.

To be fair he was suffering from heat exhaustion at the time.

Supposedly the on field extra time is being counted by the 4th official and any time for VAR stoppages are being counted by that group. The 4O puts the number up without input from the Referee
Rudyjax
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Mathguy64 said:

To be fair he was suffering from heat exhaustion at the time.

Supposedly the on field extra time is being counted by the 4th official and any time for VAR stoppages are being counted by that group. The 4O puts the number up without input from the Referee

Supposedly. But as soon as the announced where he was from it was obvious he was going to be over his head.

And you're right about the 4th.
deadbq03
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

La Bamba said:

MookieBlaylock said:

With more MLS than the US.
I do wonder if MLS guys have fresher legs since they haven't been in league play for a few weeks. Ecuador also looked good. Both had guys flying around the field.
KCup17
AG
I think Canadas good coordination and tactics are due to the fact that the MLS season ended a while ago and those players had a longer opportunity to get together and build chemistry. We will see if it pays off throughout the rest of the tournament. Crazy that they haven't scored a WC goal in their history.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

I would strongly consider reproducing or retransmitting game footage without the express prior permission of the National Hockey League, the National Basketball Association, Major League Soccer, and/or Major League Baseball.

Hey there. Fun is fun, but there are some things you don't joke aboot.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LeonardSkinner
YokelRidesAgain said:

LeonardSkinner said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

Oh, I'm sorry.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

LeonardSkinner said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

Oh, I'm sorry.
It's OK.

Let's have a totally non-confrontational and platonic moment over coffee the next time you're at Tim Horton's.

PS: No hugging.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LeonardSkinner
YokelRidesAgain said:

LeonardSkinner said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

LeonardSkinner said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

Oh, I'm sorry.
It's OK.

Let's have a totally non-confrontational and platonic moment over coffee the next time you're at Tim Horton's.

So… no maple syrup chugging?
YokelRidesAgain
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

LeonardSkinner said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

LeonardSkinner said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

Oh, I'm sorry.
It's OK.

So… no maple syrup chugging?
No, but we could go for poutine after coffee. Or not.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Belgium wearing their Guy Fieri kit.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Morocco goal disallowed. Clearly offsides.

Belgium continues to dodge bullets.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Morrocan nights goal disallowed

Should have been called by the linesman live
MookieBlaylock
AG
Homie that was offside ran himself into the goal post Double whammy stop
YokelRidesAgain
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Should have been called by the linesman live
It seems like the AR's are blowing a lot of fairly obvious offsides calls.

The one goal where a little bit of a guy's leg was offsides that VAR called was invisible to the naked eye (and shouldn't have been called, IMO), but this is the second one in the last 2-3 days that was pretty clear.
jeffk
AG
ARs aren't blowing calls, they're calling offside as they've been instructed to do. Keep the flag down on close calls and let VAR sort it out.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
jeffk said:

ARs aren't blowing calls, they're calling offside as they've been instructed to do. Keep the flag down on close calls and let VAR sort it out.
I guess that makes sense, but if you want to make casual fans really, really hate replay, this is the way to do it.
jeffk
AG
Oh, it definitely sucks. They've been doing it this way in the EPL and a couple other leagues for a season or two now. After every goal, the players have to basically get a go-ahead from someone to really celebrate because VAR is looming.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.