******BTHO Texas******

13,194 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by King Koda
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your Texas Aggies are back in the NCAA Tournament!

The Aggies face off in Austin against the Texas Longhorns in the first round on Friday at 5PM. The game will broadcast live on the Longhorn Network. Radio coverage will be available on the 12thMan app and website. But your best bet is just to be there. Tickets available HERE.

The Longhorns just finished their season with their best regular season record in school history. They were rewarded with a 7 seed and a home match with rival Aggies who have been experiencing historical lows in their program.

Texas carries a 14-2-4 record into the NCAA Tournament. Those two loses nearly came as bookends for their season (so far). The first loss was in their 2nd match of the season, a 0-2 loss to #2 North Carolina in Austin. The second loss came in their last match, a 0-1 loss to West Virginia in the 2nd round of the Big 12 tournament.

Now, here's the rub aside from the match against UNC and a 1-1 tie with #17 TCU, Texas has faced no other ranked opponents. Their record is enviable, but the weak schedule explains why Texas is satisfied with a #7 seed when their record is superior to the mid-2000 Longhorn teams that earned top seeds. Texas is #26 in the RPI and #66 in strength of schedule.

That aside, Texas is obviously a dangerous team and should be expected to win this home match.

Let's compare common opponents:
TCU
Aggies lost at home: 1-2 (Aggies were outshot 11-15)
Longhorns tied away: 1-1 (Texas outshot TCU 17-10)

Florida
Aggies won away: 4-1 (Aggies outshot Florida 15-9)
Longhorns won home 3-2 (Longhorns outshot Florida 19-13)

And that's it… So what does this mean? As much as the head-to-head record means: Nothing.
(The Ags are 21-5-2 against Texas for what it's worth.)

Focusing specifically on Texas now. The Longhorns have outscored their opponents 51-16 and have 8 shutouts on the season. They've only been shutout twice (in the only two losses discussed about). Those are some pretty dominant stats.

That dominant scoring has been led by sophomore Trinity Byars, who leads the team with 16 goals and has 9 assists this season as well. She leads the team in shots with 60 and has a very respectable SOG% of .533. Byars has registered at least 1 point in 16 of the 20 games the Longhorns have played this season. Byars is the Big 12's offensive player of the year this season and was a National Freshman first teamer last year. This performance is not surprising as the speedster was ranked as the #1 2021 recruit in the nation.

Midfielder and Southlake Carroll alum, Lexi Missimo has a team high 14 assists for the Longhorns as well as 6 goals. While still classified a sophomore, Lexi came in during that weird COVID year. And like her teammate above, Lexi came in as a top recruit, #1 nationally in 2020 according to Top Drawer's rankings. She also garnered the Big 12 Freshman of the Year award and joined Trinity Byars on the National Freshman first team. Goal.com has her listed as #4 in the "World's Top Wonderkids in Women's Football."

EmJ Cox is the defender to highlight as the 2022 Big 12 Defender of the year. She has played the full 1800 minutes for Texas this season and, as center back, has been a central piece in the stingy Longhorn defense. She also has 7 goals and 3 assists.

I guess we'll look at the keeper too. Super senior, Savannah Madden has played all but 15 minutes in net for Texas this season. Madden has allowed 16 goals, while totaling 69 saves and a .8 goal against average. It's worth repeating that this team has 8 shutouts on the season.

Texas has some REALLY good players and have tallied some very impressive stats this season. They are also playing at home, where they are 9-1-1 on the season. However, the Aggies have played more teams of this caliber and have, for the most part, looked like a different team at this juncture in the season. The SEC has proven to be a much hardier conference than the Big 12 that Texas plays in.

All of the praise I've written for Texas is not my excuse for an Aggie loss. It's a charge for Texas A&M to show that they are the better team. This is the type of game that you dream of the chance to knock off your rival in the NCAA Tournament. Winning this one would be big.
taylorswift13
AG
SAW 'EM OFF
mullokmotx
AG
Our last game there was in 2011 in our last Big 12 regular season game. Won 3-0. They refuse to play us in the regular season.
taylorswift13
AG
i hope this new spark of life will be exactly what our girls need!! I'm sure they'll be fired up to play another game, especially it being in Austin! #MORELIFE
taylorswift13
AG
like this post if you'll be in Austin to watch our ladies take down tu
taylorswift13
AG
Common opponents: tu barely snuck by Florida 3-2 and tied with TCU 1-1
jkag89
BTHO t.u.!
Gap
AG
Texas plays soccer in their track stadium. It holds 20,000 and soccer averaged 1,167 this year.

They are offering GA tickets already and I'm not sure if anything will be reserved.

Link to tickets:

https://texaslonghorns.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AAMTX%3ASC22P%3ANCAA1%3A&linkID=tex-ath&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=SCNCAA&cgc=&dataAccId=869&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_tex-ath
mullokmotx
AG
We played 10 games against teams in the tournament. They played 5.
taylorswift13
AG
i wonder if as visitors can general admission get us behind our ladies? or do we have to sit on the opposite side of the stadium! Either way my insults and heckles will have the sips regretting they woke up that day
Expert Analysis
AG
Questionable players for the game?
Becerra - left game in SEC Tourney did not return
Carroll - out since Ole Miss (10/9)
Cornog - out since Missouri (10/23)
Leb - left game in SEC Tourney did not return

If we get none back we will have 1 regular sub...
MookieBlaylock
AG
Someone called it

MookieBlaylock
AG
2 things
I would hate to be #7 in the country and draw this squad
F the Sips
Expert Analysis
AG
to be fair they are a 7 seed which makes them around 25-28. This is inline with their RPI rank, coaches pole has them higher.
I would not want to draw a rival from a major conference in the first round.
We last beat them 4-1 in 2019 in NCAA first round at Ellis Field
Gap
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

2 things
I would hate to be #7 in the country and draw this squad
F the Sips

They are the 7 seed in the regional of 16. Not the 7 seed of the 64. The NCAA only seeds the top 8 in each of the 4 regions. But in theory this is roughly a 7 vs 10 game in the region.
BQ_90
AG
Is this on sip network
greg.w.h
AG
BQ_90 said:

Is this on sip network
Will be simulcast on ESPN+ (like many other first-round games) and LHN. If you are licensed for LHN you're covered…
Wannabeanaggie
I understand all are back but Laney.
WearingAWeig
AG
Any updates on if this will be on tv anywhere?
Where there's a Weig there a way.
CDub06
AG
Longhorn network is confirmed.
mullokmotx
AG
Looks to me that the game is at 5 because their network is broadcasting their women's basketball game at 7:30.
mullokmotx
AG
If you are going to the game bring your raingear and cold weather gear. Looks like a front is coming in Friday morning.
taylorswift13
AG
mullokmotx said:

If you are going to the game bring your raingear and cold weather gear. Looks like a front is coming in Friday morning.
yes it'll be raining sip tears
mullokmotx
AG
Coach G was just on the radio with Louie Belina and said 8 players were out.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Including the 6 out for the year?
mullokmotx
AG
Good question. I wonder if he was including Lister and Descheneaux who are apparently red shirting. I thought Cornog would be back because it has been 3 weeks since her concussion. But he also said the team had been hit by flu. Guess we'll see who warms up tomorrow.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Too many players hanging out with the football team
mullokmotx
AG
At the radio show he said he told the players to not go near anyone.
Wannabeanaggie
Cornog has been cleared to play. Not sure who has the flu.
greg.w.h
AG
It's today at 5pm!!!
taylorswift13
AG
BTHO tu in 9 hours! Saw em off!
MarcAg
AG
Going to have to find an illegal steam somewhere I guess. I can watch any regular season game we play on ESPN+, but yet I can't watch an ncaa tournament game because they put it on LHN
greg.w.h
AG
MarcAg said:

Going to have to find an illegal steam somewhere I guess. I can watch any regular season game we play on ESPN+, but yet I can't watch an ncaa tournament game because they put it on LHN
it is simulcast on ESPN+ if the info I have from ESPN hasn't changed.

NOTE: I just checked on the iOS ESPN app on my phone and it shows both LHN and ESPN+!!
MarcAg
AG
greg.w.h said:

MarcAg said:

But I believe if your carrier doesn't carry LHN you won't get it. But maybe if you make sure you connect to ESPN through ESPN+ subscription and not connect to ESPN through YoutubeTV subscription it will work. Ill try that.
Rudyjax
AG
MarcAg said:

greg.w.h said:

MarcAg said:

But I believe if your carrier doesn't carry LHN you won't get it. But maybe if you make sure you connect to ESPN through ESPN+ subscription and not connect to ESPN through YoutubeTV subscription it will work. Ill try that.
I have youtube tv and have always gotten LHN thru the ESPN ap.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.