******BTHO Arkansas******

3,816 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggie Futbol
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M soccer returns to action on Thursday at 6PM when they face Arkansas in Fayetteville. The Aggies are looking to stop the season free fall and buck several negative trends.

The Aggies are looking stay above .500 on the season, notch their first SEC win of the season (the Ags are currently 0-3 in conference play), and end the 4 game losing streak they have to Arkansas.

That's a lot on the line against a team that comes in ranked #12 and is looking for their 4th consecutive SEC title. Arkansas advanced to the Elite Eight last year before being eliminated on PKs. Arkansas is 7-2-1 this season with a 2-1 mark in conference play. Both losses have been surprising. A 0-1 loss at Saint Louis started the regular season and an 0-2 loss at Mississippi State started the conference season. In their other two conference games, Arkansas dispatched Auburn 1-0 and #8 South Carolina 1-0.

On the season, Arkansas has outscored opponents 22-8 and outshot them 162-100. The Razorbacks are placing just over 50% of their shots on frame. The goals have come from all around as 6 Arkansas players have multiple goals this year. All-American senior forward, Anna Podojil is tied for the team high in goals with 4, along with 4 assists.

Anna Podojil is probably the best and most impactful player in Arkansas soccer history, giving the school their first All-American and MAC Hermann semi-finalist. Arkansas' only three SEC season titles have come in her Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior years. Well, she's a senior now.

You can tune into the match live on ESPNU or stream the audio at 12thman.com or via the 12th Man Mobil app.
jkag89
BTHO the piggies!
mullokmotx
AG
Chris Henderson of All White Kit tweeted out his preview:

"Desperation is not a great place to be facing an Arkansas side looking to stick in the SEC title race. The Hogs have done it with defense the last week, with a pair of 1-0 wins."

The game was originally scheduled for the SEC Network but is now on ESPNU.
Soccer1
Hopefully we see a formation change tonight. A&M needs to play a 4 backline if they are going to give themselves a chance to win. This is gonna be a very direct game from Arkansas with lots of balls going into the box.
Giggem
AG
Thank you, CDub.

Podojil has been amazing for Arkansas. Some players just know how to score goals and how to lift their teams when needed. She's got all that and more.

I sure hope the Ags don't go in thinking they're "better than" Arkansas. This A&M team needs to be preparing and fighting like it's a massive underdog in every game it plays.
mullokmotx
AG
The starting lineup shows some changes on the gametracker.
mullokmotx
AG
Going with 4 backs, 4 mids.
taylorswift13
AG
Calzada not in starting lineup due to injury
Anchorhold
Glad I left the channel on ESPU for College Football Live > The Pulse > Aggie Soccer or I would have missed the first hour. Yes, NOW I know I should be reading CDub's threads in the morning.
Soccer1
Interesting that Arkansas switched to a 3 backline after 10 minutes into the game.
Anchorhold
Lulled me into a false sense of offense.
MarcAg
AG
We usually give up goals in the final minutes of regulation, not the final minutes of the half.
taylorswift13
AG
Not even surprising anymore
jkag89
Late first half goal for the Hawgs.

Half: A&M 0 - Arky 1
blake2003
AG
You could almost feel that coming.
mullokmotx
AG
Was anyone guarding their best player, Podojil?
Giggem
AG
How many times this year has this Aggie team been punished for letting a ball bound around in the box, without attacking and clearing it?

That's a rhetorical question.

This team just doesn't seem to have any forwards who can create dangerous chances against good defenses. Until that gets turned around, it's gonna be a struggle.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Wasn't our defense supposed to be "amazing" this year? What in the hell has happened to this program?
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Anchorhold
I feel lucky from that shot
taylorswift13
AG
Katie Smith being helped off the field, isn't putting weight on one leg
jkag89
Nolanmo13
AG
This team will click! Getting 2021-2022 mens basketball vibes from this team. 10 straight losses, but sparked an unbelievable run afterwards. They just need their confidence back. You also hate to see all of the injury's. Hoping she's alright.
BQ_90
AG
Nolanmo13 said:

This team will click! Getting 2021-2022 mens basketball vibes from this team. 10 straight losses, but sparked an unbelievable run afterwards. They just need their confidence back. You also hate to see all of the injury's. Hoping she's alright.
What are you drinking? And is there any left
medog
AG
We are terrible at passing. Wrong weight, wrong direction, or passing to a marked player.
taylorswift13
AG
7.25 remaining games Over/Under on goals scored = 5…

What are y'all taking
taylorswift13
AG
Sawyer Dumond now hurt
Nolanmo13
AG
I am drinking some wine actually, but I just have faith. Get passed the frustration, mental hurdle, and break the score streak and I think some Aggie magic will happen. I've seen it in every Aggie sport. Just hasn't happened for women's soccer yet. Our girls are tough, they just need the grit magic that the baseball team had last year.

Note I'm also very new to Aggie soccer. First time watching this year consistently. I am aware losing in soccer historically isn't our thing.
Anchorhold
Nolanmo13 said:

I am drinking some wine actually, but I just have faith.

Alright... pass it over

mullokmotx
AG
Arkansas scored a similar way last year by keeping the ball in the air where we couldn't get it.
blake2003
AG
We can't string two passes together. Brutal, brutal showing for the Aggies.
Nolanmo13
AG
My favorite actor is Rowan Atkinson! How'd you know? I finished the bottle already.
MarcAg
AG
We just can't get any offensive threats these days.
taylorswift13
AG
Can't wait to see what excuse G has this time
jkag89
Final: A&M 0 - Arky 1
BQ_90
AG
jkag89 said:

Final: A&M 0 - Arky 1
And sadly it wasn't even that close
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.