******BTHO Alabama******

5,124 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mullokmotx
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With 32:10 left McDonald crossed the ball into the box to Hayes and the ref blew his whistle and gave the ball to them. Anyone see why.?
MookieBlaylock
AG
mullokmotx said:

With 32:10 left McDonald crossed the ball into the box to Hayes and the ref blew his whistle and gave the ball to them. Anyone see why.?

Nope wasn't offside
And the shot hit bama in the arm

Jimma
Too many timid players. Not enough aggressive players. It appears some would rather play defense than move to the ball to go on offense. Just an observation.
Gap
AG
Was I wrong in thinking last year's extreme drop off was a one off and we would be bouncing back?
Gap
AG
Mir San Mir said:

The Aggies did have an excellent half passing the ball backwards and kicking it over the touch line. While Coach G's "senior" comment probably has some merit, you would hope that A&M's superior recruiting classes would offset the difference in maturity. That and the lack of upper classwomen on the team are ultimately his responsibility.

Sounds like a solution more activity in the portal would have solved especially at positions we are lacking at.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Should have been a card on Bama for that tackle

Her right leg was above Hayes waist
jkag89
A&M 0 - Bama 3
Mir San Mir
AG
That goal was all on Pounds' lack of physicality in the midfield.
Gap
AG
3-0 Alabama.

We are just getting trounced.
TRM
AG
Well I didn't totally forget about the game, but I wish I did.
taylorswift13
AG
Gap said:

Was I wrong in thinking last year's extreme drop off was a one off and we would be bouncing back?
that's what we all hoped for
taylorswift13
AG
Besides the holes on the roster, our effort just does not seem there! That use to be a trait of our teams! Where did that go…
jkag89
Final: A&M 0 - Bama 3
mullokmotx
AG
I agree. The defender missed the ball by a mile.
MookieBlaylock
AG
It is bring your dog night and all the Bama players are on the pitch with their dogs

Very cool promo
mullokmotx
AG
At least we have scored in a conference game. Auburn has been shut out 3 times. We remain in a tie for 11th place in the league, 3 points out of 10th place which will qualify us for the SEC Tournament.
Gap
AG
mullokmotx said:

We remain in a tie for 11th place in the league, 3 points out of 10th place which will qualify us for the SEC Tournament.

This is just another way to say we are in last place at 0-3 in the conference.
aggiedrjdub
AG
That is a really sad statement about a program that is supposed to be upper echelon. Two years of basement dwelling is head scratching.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Hand Of God
AG
G needs to go. His era is clearly over. We will miss the tourney for the second year in a row.

He'll be on the hot seat but I imagine they'll give him one more year to get it fixed. Another poor season and they've got to move on.
rhp
AG
They gave him a four year extension at the end of July.
taylorswift13
AG
rhp said:

after a great 2021 campaign… oh wait
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
no defense- no offense!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
DeangeloVickers
AG
Ag4eva95
We're starting to take the turn downward that Florida has. Florida used to be a consistent SEC title threat and now they are lucky to make the SEC tournament. Wtf has happened to the program??
Hand Of God
AG
Starts with the coaching.
TRM
AG
rhp said:

Symbolic extension so he could recruit. Although, I do worry Bjork will just let the contract expire as he hasn't been proactive in changing coaches that aren't working out.
Gap
AG
TRM said:

rhp said:

Symbolic extension so he could recruit. Although, I do worry Bjork will just let the contract expire as he hasn't been proactive in changing coaches that aren't working out.

It was a real and literal extension. It has terms and everything. It wasn't symbolic.
MookieBlaylock
AG
He changed the baseball and softball coaches that were here forever

Baseball instant improvement of a stale program

TRM
AG
Only after their contracts expired. Should have been canned long before that.
DogCompany74
AG
G has been here 30 years with sniffing a National title once . He's symptomatic of the larger issue that we have kept too many coaches past their shelf life. After 30 years, is the fire still there?
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
HiddenAg2
I'm not going to get too upset over losing to a superior team, which Alabama clearly was tonight. I don't like the "we're young" excuse from Coach G either, but you could see their experience really helped them tonight, especially in the final third where they were very calm and calculated in beating our back line over and over. The sad part is that Smith and Sample are also seniors and continue to make mistakes.

Everyone wants to go to a 4 back line including me, but I think the issue now is it's hard to change course in a formation that you've taught for the entire offseason and camp. But I think at this point it's worth a try even if we have growing pains at first. I'd go to a more defensive alignment with a 4-5-1 and play the counter with our speed. We are simply not good enough to build up from the back and finish in front of goal. That's not working. The coaches need to change their strategy.

I am worried as a few have pointed out that we look very similar to a declining Florida program about five years ago that had one bad season and it snowballed from there. I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet on this season, but we are trending in a really bad direction with potential back to back losing seasons and missed NCAAs. Coming back from 0-4 in SEC play will be almost impossible, so getting a result against the Hogs is critical. This team has enough talent to avoid that fate.

I know a lot of folks are really starting to wonder if Coach G's run at A&M should be over, but there is zero chance of any change being made after this season, and I think he's probably earned the right for at least one more year anyway. The real danger would come if he had a third straight poor season after 2023. That would be a difficult decision for Bjork because you would have to buyout a soccer coach. Usually ADs allow successful coaches to finish their contract, but it depends on how much the school cares about a minor sport. In that case I'm not sure what Bjork would do. Let's just hope Coach G gets this thing turned around soon.
mullokmotx
AG
Our RPI after the weekend is at 44.
mullokmotx
AG
Gianna Paul of Alabama was named SEC Freshman of the Week for her play against us.
KBAGOLFER
Interesting that he got a 4 year deal after the worst season ever, that's pretty backwards thinking isn't?
KayakBassAngling
MookieBlaylock
AG
Dang Russell season over with ACL
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.