******BTHO South Alabama******

2,861 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mullokmotx
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M looks to bounce back in Sunday's home match against the South Alabama Jaguars. Kickoff is set for 1PM tomorrow afternoon. The game will be broadcast live on SEC+ and you can stream the live audio on the 12th Man app or website.

South Alabama isn't a big name in most sports, but this team from Mobile is a mainstay in the NCAA Tournament. They've won the Sun Belt tournament 8 of the last 9 years, securing their conference's auto-bid. They also have 6 regular season Sun Belt championships.

The Jaguars are undefeated so far this year, compiling a 4-0-3 this season. Wins have come over the lower-level teams of Kennesaw State (2-1), Jacksonville State (4-0), McNeese State (7-0), and Southeastern Louisiana (1-0). The ties came against North Alabama (1-1), Mississippi State (0-0), and Lamar (0-0).

A couple of notes here: Jacksonville State is actually from Jacksonville, Alabama. I always assumed they were a Florida school. More importantly though, the Aggies and South Alabama share a common opponent in McNeese. The Aggies outdid South Alabama's 7-0 win with an 8-0 victory.

South Alabama has outscored opponents 15-2, which is fairly impressive. But no one they've faced has been the caliber of Texas A&M. The Aggies should get chances to put shots on frame and finish their attacks. It's also a good opportunity to not only get back in the win column, but pick up another clean sheet.
mullokmotx
AG
Chris Henderson of All White Kit tweeted out this preview:

"Texas A&M suffered from late heartbreak in a loss to TCU on Thursday and can't dwell on it with a dangerous South Alabama visiting. The Jaguars remain unbeaten but also have seen the offense dry up lately."
Anchorhold
BTHOsouthalabama
CDub06
AG
Please. Give us just 1 win this weekend.
MookieBlaylock
AG
ESPN app is amazing at hiding the game feed

They literally move it from the preview to live feed
Anchorhold
south-al has 10 internaltional players and 14 americans, and even those with hometown names like birmingham, st. petersburg, germantown, memphis and panama city.
Mir San Mir
AG
Sample almost got caught out again in the first five minutes by being too far up in the midfield.
jkag89
I wouldn't know since it took me forever for the damn app to accept my log in info.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Maile woth a head knock
This ref is letting it be physical
Smith should have been given a yellow earlier
Anchorhold
HEYYYYYYYYYY MACARANA
jkag89
GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!

TRM
AG
Colvin Goal!!!
Gap
AG
What a great strike by Colvin. That thing just kept rising and spinning until it found the top back right of the net.
Gap
AG
Hayes taken down in the box. No call. The ref points at his shoulder. Not sure what he thought he saw other than a beat player taking down Hayes.
TRM
Anchorhold
fffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

TIED 1-1
Gap
AG
We consistently relax after getting up 1-0.

Caldwell on the verge of needing to be pulled

Refs have this one already out of control.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Can't tell what happened why the HB was open put Pante was on the ground
Gap
AG
Refs are calling two different games again today. The most physical knock down is allowed. Simple touches are not.
Gap
AG
Rebound goal for Jai Smith. 2-1 Ags.

I don't want to see South Alabama score again today.
taylorswift13
Anchorhold
You gotta love rebounds.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Finally a bounce goes our way
jkag89
taylorswift13
AG
WHY ARE WE JOGGING TO THAT CORNER
Expert Analysis
AG
Not sure I would call it a rebound. Ball was played to her in the air. She played it off her chest, hit defenders foot and popped up to her and she put it past the keeper. Was a nice play by Smith.
Expert Analysis
AG
Another goal given up off a defensive lapse. I don't have a problem with our formation but how we are using it is not good. They could have scored at the start of the game on a similar situation.
Our biggest issue is having the outside mids cove the backside when at the same time we push them way up the field. We get no defensive help from our holding mids. This strategy needs to be addressed. Multiple times each game it is the same thing, a defender gets out of position and we have no mid in position to cover. Our holding mids do not support the attach much so they should help with D more freeing up pante and Colvin and saving some of their energy.
Gap
AG
Expert Analysis said:

Not sure I would call it a rebound. Ball was played to her in the air. She played it off her chest, hit defenders foot and popped up to her and she put it past the keeper. Was a nice play by Smith.

Thank you for the update. I'm at the game and what I think I saw from the distance and what actually happened are often vastly different.

I need a disclaimer on my posts.
Anchorhold
HALFTIME FUN WITH ROSTERS:
Neither of So-Al's two Scottish players are the one named Bonnie.
Backup GK is the second So-Al soccer player named CARLY WILLIAMS (no relation).
The one named Ocean is the one from the desert (Phoenix).
Assistant coach Taylor Brittingham may or may not have once been in the INTERPOL witness protection program that had to come up with a new name off the top off their head. BRITT-ING-HAM.
Something Brittish? Sydney Ham? No they have one on the team already.
Taylor Ham? No.
Taylor Hampton?
Taylor Birmingham?
Taylor Nottingham? Nice, but more Brittish
Taylor Brittingham.... BRILLIANT
Gap
AG
Beautiful goal: Hayes to McDonald!

3-1 Ags
taylorswift13
AG
OFFENSE
Expert Analysis
AG
Hayes is having a great half.
taylorswift13
AG
OFFENSE
jkag89
Gap
AG
Another beautiful goal:

Boeckmann to Hayes!

Boeckmann has been a key player today with some beautiful possessions and passes. Perhaps we are starting to see this offense gelling a bit.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.