**Tottenham Hotspur 2022-2023 Thread**

42,410 Views | 739 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by DeangeloVickers
GIF Reactor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Better watch these last 2 games, it might be the last time we see him in a Spurs shirt. Is Man United pretty much the consensus if he leaves?
Dre_00
United are the club most rumored to sign him mostly because they are likely the only/most likely ones to pay Levy's insane asking price.

But through a combination of FFP, potential new ownership, and actually learning a small amount from previous failures, I don't think they'll bid anywhere near the 100+ million that Levy is asking for a 30 year old. That number will have to go way down and if/when it does, likely multiple clubs will be interested.
DeangeloVickers
AG
DeangeloVickers
AG
Good times
BMK54
I'm not even surprised anymore.
Forum Troll
AG
More goals conceded this season than points earned.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Forum Troll
AG
Cmon Ruben Dias and Skriniar are scrubs next to the mighty Eric Dier. And Oliver Skipp is way better than Bruno Fernandes.

Right?
Forum Troll
AG
In the meantime, Arne Slot supposedly out of the coaching search.
BMK54
Forum Troll said:

In the meantime, Arne Slot supposedly out of the coaching search.
Nobody wants to work for Levy.
themissinglink
AG
Lots of talk on Celtic twitter about Postecoglou being the front runner. He was asked about it in his weekly interview and talked about being focused on the "here and now" (truthfully a pretty standard answer for him, but wasn't as annoyed by the question as other times he's been asked). I saw Tottenham recently hired an Aussie exec from City Football Group in the football operations department so would not be surprised by it.
DeangeloVickers
AG
DeangeloVickers
AG
Well here we go...let's put this season to bed...

Hopefully we can have just one gaffer next year
Forum Troll
AG
Nice send off for Lucas. Would like Maddison to come over this summer.
themissinglink
AG
Welp… Reports out of Scotland say Ange has informed Celtic he plans to go to Tottenham. I was hoping Daniel Levy would scare him off and Celtic would hold onto him for one more year.

I'll be interested to follow his career at Tottenham. He's an unbelievable manager at the European middle market-level and we'll see if he can compete with the elites. He's a serial winner though. He's won championships in the NSL (pre A-League), A-League, J-League, and Scottish Premiership. His Brisbane Roar teams had a record unbeaten streak of 36 games in a salary capped league. The only club-level jobs he had without a trophy were a Greek 3 division side where he was fired more for disagreements with Management rather than performance issues and Melbourne Victory where he was hired as the Socceroos manager after his first season. His recruitment and roster management were elite. Once he joined, he sold off Celtic's best 2 assets (expected given their contract status) and used the proceeds to completely overhaul the squad and improve the team's strength and depth.

One word of warning is that his style of play takes time to build and implement. In his first years, his Brisbane Roar team finish 9th of 10, Yokohama flirted with the J-league relegation zone for much of the year, and Celtic lost 3 of their first 6 league games (and drew game #7). Celtic was in need of a complete rebuild when he arrived and my understanding is Brisbane and Yokohama were in similar states.

A few videos to get you excited.

This video became iconic because every word of it (especially the "we never stop" part starting at about 1:55 mark) was a perfect embodiment of how the team played
Forum Troll
AG
On the cusp of signing Vicario (GK) from Empoli. Guess the David Raya talks fell through.
Forum Troll
AG
James Maddison deal supposedly about to happen.
themissinglink
AG
Reports that Kane is close on personal terms with Bayern. Bid submitted for 70m plus add ons. No way spurs accept that but will be interesting to watch if anyone gets close to the 100m price tag.
GIF Reactor
AG
Would he leave when he is so close to the all-time goal scoring record?

Glad they're close on Maddison, I think he can really help. It seems we frequently have to settle for option B or C rather than our first choice.
DeangeloVickers
AG
ElCheAg
AG
Really nice get for the Spurs.

Was holding out hope NUFC could sign him, but alas it wasn't meant to be.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Forum Troll
AG
Tonali is a good get, just more defensive.
ElCheAg
AG
I love the Tonali signing. I was hoping we could sign Maddison as well.
Forum Troll
AG
CB focus supposedly is Tapsoba from Leverkusen. Another good signing if Levy can get him.

A nee 3 or 4 year Kane extension would also be nice.
JCRiley09
AG
Amidst all the rumors has a single one been "Kane might sign an extension"?
Hey...so.. um
I saw an article that said we turned down 20m for Tanguy. Are planning to use him next year? If not, take the money.
Forum Troll
AG
Supposedly Ange wants to give him a chance in preseason. Article said he was a "long time admirer".
DeangeloVickers
AG
GIF Reactor
AG
The comments in the video indicate that is an old video, but he does have talent. Can Ange extract that talent where others couldn't? I don't think Tanguy was playing a ton of minutes in Napoli, so it's not just the rigors of playing in the EPL. Would the fans welcome him back after the way he sauntered off in his last appearance?
JCRiley09
AG
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/07/13/harry-kane-latest-tottenham-post-playing-career/

Paywall, but I think the headline gets the message across. Spurs getting creative with incentives to keep Kane
themissinglink
AG
Ange's press conferences are usually a good listen. Lots of life lessons.

B$Weigem
AG
Have we signed a CB yet?
Hey...so.. um
Close on van de ven. Hopefully we get tapsoba too. Idk though.
themissinglink
AG
Friendly vs West Ham tomorrow. Kick-off at 7am ET airing on CBS sports network.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.