ECNL Girls - National Playoffs

10,620 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ColoradoMooseHerd
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not every school has that many, we're in Minnetonka which has 3400 students. I'll have to ask one of our club's age group directors who coaches at the neighbor HS. In MN it's not a requirement for coaches of any sport to teach. This past fall the 9A girls coach was my daughter's U13 coach, a arrogant Englishman with a temper who git kicked out of 3 HS games this past fall and quit on my daughter's team in November. He also holds a full time consulting job, and is a USSF C license coach.
jeffk
AG
Ah, that makes sense then. Thanks.
Ags-R-Better
We gave Solar tomorrow and Sting Sunday…hoping the weather holds off so they can get the games off. Haven't payed these teams yet, or Challenge for that matter, should be some good games.
Pahdz
In regards to #1, is that published anywhere?
03TXAG
AG
Games still being played today? My daughter plays on a younger Challenge team and we were thinking of going to watch a game if weather cooperates.
jeffk
AG
Pahdz said:

In regards to #1, is that published anywhere?

Yeah, pretty extensively.

Here's a couple:

https://journals.lww.com/ajpmr/Abstract/2005/02000/Sports_Related_Knee_Injuries_in_Female_Athletes_.7.aspx

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3867093/
jessexy
AG
King Koda said:

I'm not sure comparing NFL players and the type of turf they play on is equivalent to high school aged soccer girls playing on turf which may be 15-20 years old and not the highest of quality, but it's nice to see the NFL has cleaned up their issues. Three of the last four ACLs I've seen were on turf and minor contact at best. My oldest daughter constantly draws 8-10 fouls and usually a yellow card a game whether high school or ECNL. Luckily, her high school coach is willing to pull her out of the game, if necessary, to protect her. There is also enough talent around her to keep her from being the sole focus of aggressiveness.
Some of the worst turf in USA at any level is in Meadowlands. the Jets and Giants both have sustained more knee injuries than any other team in the league and more knee injuries have occurred at the Meadowlands since that stadium entered the league. i don't have the stats, just heard it on a broadcast minutes before a NYG player suffered a knee injury earlier this season.
Jim01
AG
Figured this was the de facto official kids soccer thread.

Should be an official press release today but every one in the Girls Academy program got informed earlier this week that the 6 year agreement between Dynamo/Dash and the youth soccer will not be renewed by mutual agreement. Starting next year the club will be known as HTX.

The only change is the name/badge/uniform. Everything else stays the same (coaches/staff/teams/pracitce locations/PlayMetrics/etc.)

Sounds like at the beginning it was a true partnership with weekly calls between the youth directors and the Dynamo/Dash management, but with each new turnover at the Dynamo/Dash it became less and less until it was just the uniform we were wearing. I can say in my daughters time on the team the only real tie in we have ever had is the uniform and getting a free ticket to a game each season.

carl spacklers hat
Well, this just makes it official that Dynamo DGAF about youth development. Contrast this with clubs like FC Dallas or Real Salt Lake which put an emphasis on their youth academies and developing players. Clown show, and a huge disservice to the soccer community in the greater Houston area.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Jim01
AG
Agree for the overall development of soccer. The US needs to embrace youth academies for their clubs but unfortunately it didn't seem like Dynamo/Dash was doing that.

For the girls side, where college is the main pathway I don't think it will change much though.

Looks like they've posted the announcement.
https://dynamodashyouth.com/htx-soccer/
ColoradoMooseHerd
My Daughter made the decision in December to switch to IMG Academy. I wanted her to stay with her ECNL Club, but she really wanted to give it a go. First games are in about 2 weeks, but from a training aspect pretty amazing what you are able to do when everything pretty much revolves around soccer. When the spring is over, will have a better understanding if I feel this is good for her or not. So far she is very happy.
jeffk
AG
Is it still all fully residential out in FL?
Jim01
AG
What do your daughters (or you) use for Twitter graphics? My daughter has a showcase this weekend and I was thinking of playing around with some things.

Example:
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I would imagine it's Canva.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
SCHTICK00
AG
We just use the showcase templates they provide
Rudyjax
AG
I let my daughter figure it out. She did a nice graphic for her showcase next weekend.

Let them figure it out.
jessexy
AG
FC Dallas Showcase is gonna be a big one this year.....
Jim01
AG
That's where we're heading this weekend.
the_phoenix612
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

Well, this just makes it official that Dynamo DGAF about youth development. Contrast this with clubs like FC Dallas or Real Salt Lake which put an emphasis on their youth academies and developing players. Clown show, and a huge disservice to the soccer community in the greater Houston area.
To be fair, this was never the Dynamo academy, which is a separate organization with teams from U10 to U19 feeding into the professional organization at U23. The Dynamo academy teams play in MLS Next, while the elite boys squads of the Dynamo/Dash Youth club (soon to be this HTX deal) enter MLS Next as "Houston Dynamo Youth" (and get slaughtered)
King Koda
AG
I think they use Canva, but I'm out of the loop on those items or what they have discovered lately.
ColoradoMooseHerd
jeffk said:

. Yes, not my first choice. But she is now living full time in Florida boarding and going to school at IMG
Rudyjax
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

jeffk said:

. Yes, not my first choice. But she is now living full time in Florida boarding and going to school at IMG

She must be really talented and works incredibly hard. It's gotta be tough but you must be proud.

Shame there's no path to early pro in the women's game.
Rudyjax
AG
Chuck Cunningham said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

jeffk said:

She must be really talented and works incredibly hard. It's gotta be tough but you must be proud.

Shame there's no path to early pro in the women's game.

After I posted this I saw NWSL signed a 15 year old.

Definitely good for the USWNT with a kid at 20 with 5 years pro.
jessexy
AG
jessexy said:

King Koda said:

I'm not sure comparing NFL players and the type of turf they play on is equivalent to high school aged soccer girls playing on turf which may be 15-20 years old and not the highest of quality, but it's nice to see the NFL has cleaned up their issues. Three of the last four ACLs I've seen were on turf and minor contact at best. My oldest daughter constantly draws 8-10 fouls and usually a yellow card a game whether high school or ECNL. Luckily, her high school coach is willing to pull her out of the game, if necessary, to protect her. There is also enough talent around her to keep her from being the sole focus of aggressiveness.
Some of the worst turf in USA at any level is in Meadowlands. the Jets and Giants both have sustained more knee injuries than any other team in the league and more knee injuries have occurred at the Meadowlands since that stadium entered the league. i don't have the stats, just heard it on a broadcast minutes before a NYG player suffered a knee injury earlier this season.
Told ya so

Meadowlands Turf Replaced
ColoradoMooseHerd
Jim01 said:

What do your daughters (or you) use for Twitter graphics? My daughter has a showcase this weekend and I was thinking of playing around with some things.

Example:

My daughter's club creates the graphics or backrounds for each event and then share them with the families. Often the ECNL events or other events have a graphic too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.