Apple Strikes 10 Yr Deal to Carry All MLS Games

2,068 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rudyjax
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

Ken Scarborough said:

YouBet said:

Ken Scarborough said:

YouBet said:

Ken Scarborough said:

My only issue with streaming services is it's not on demand.

If FC Dallas plays at 7, I can turn it on at 8:30 and watch from the beginning.
Record all FC Dallas games. Problem solved. Probably a 1 click action.

Yeah. I have that now.

But if they're on Apple that won't be possible, right?

Will they still be on 21? Im confused.
I'm assuming. Could be wrong but I would be surprised if there is not a way to watch games whenever you want either through recording or them just saving off games for your teams.

If they don't have that, then it will be annoying.

Most streaming services you can't start them in progress from the beginning. So if it's a 7pm game, then it would have to be 9:30 or later. And I know with peacock, ESPN, paramount, they're not available until hours later.

If that's the case, then boo.
You can with YTTV.

Example:
1. Tell YTTV to record all FC Dallas games.
2. Go to Library and pick the FC Dallas currently in progress and start it from beginning.

I assume AppleTV will do the same here. If they don't, that's dumb.

I have YouTube Tv and know how it works. That's the whole point. It's basically cable over the internet.

I'm referring to Apple TV, ESPN+, Paramount, Peackock, etc. You cannot do this.

You cannot record games. You have to wait until they are completed or watch live.
Bryan98
AG
I used to watch a ton of MLS matches and went to a ton of Dynamo games (especially in the exciting few years that followed Elis's arrival). I've noticed that in recent years I watch less and less, which corresponds to me starting to watch Champions League and EPL.

It's also influenced by them taking the MLS games off of regular ESPN streaming or whatever and putting it on ESPN+ AND blacking out local games. Growing leagues shouldn't be hidden behind paywalls, imho.
Rudyjax
AG
Bryan98 said:

I used to watch a ton of MLS matches and went to a ton of Dynamo games (especially in the exciting few years that followed Elis's arrival). I've noticed that in recent years I watch less and less, which corresponds to me starting to watch Champions League and EPL.

It's also influenced by them taking the MLS games off of regular ESPN streaming or whatever and putting it on ESPN+ AND blacking out local games. Growing leagues shouldn't be hidden behind paywalls, imho.

For a while, if you had Youtbue TV, you couldn't watch FC Dallas on local 21 because you were streaming.

And if you went to ESPN+, it was blacked out.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.