England Soccer Trip

4,109 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Thinice
txam92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinice said:

Looks like we may try Mid-February, Tottenham first weekend and Manchester United second.
Will give us plenty of time to catch a mid-week if any are scheduled and some lower division games as well.

Thinking we'll base out London the first half and either Manchester or Liverpool the second half. Which of those two (Liv-Man) would be more fun for non-soccer stuff?
Much more to do in London than Manchester. No contest in my mind.
Thinice
txam92 said:

Thinice said:

Looks like we may try Mid-February, Tottenham first weekend and Manchester United second.
Will give us plenty of time to catch a mid-week if any are scheduled and some lower division games as well.

Thinking we'll base out London the first half and either Manchester or Liverpool the second half. Which of those two (Liv-Man) would be more fun for non-soccer stuff?
Much more to do in London than Manchester. No contest in my mind.

Agree, trying to decide between Liverpool and Manchester for the second half.
txam92
AG
I've done both: I liked the town Liverpool a bit better than Manchester. For game environment, Anfield was best for me, but it was the Merseyside Derby so probably not a fair comparison. Old Trafford was really cool as well, especially being able to go to the supporters pubs nearby. Eithiad stadium/atmosphere was 3rd of the 3 even though it was City/Chelsea. That's just my experience though. I'm sure I've now infuriated all the die hard City and United fans!
Strangely Attractive
AG
I'm a massive Arsenal fan and I'm hoping to go over next spring. As someone mentioned, you can get tickets through Arsenal America as long as you're a member, which is like $30. Only catch is everyone who attends needs to be a member so if you're going with your wife or buddy, they need to be members too. I would imagine other clubs may be similar.
Thinice
Figured I would give an update, here's the games we're probably going to hit:

West Ham @ Tottenham
Real Madrid @ Liverpool (Champions League)
Barcelona @ Man U (Europa League)
Wolverhampton @ Fulham
Sheffield United @ Millwall
Blackburn @ Queens Park

Already have tickets for Barca-Man U, will be in Liverpool for the Real Madrid Champions League match, if can't get tickets will watch from a pub. Six weeks away, getting excited!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.