FSU Coach Mark Krikorian Resigned

2,110 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TRM
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FSU Coach Mark Krikorian resigned last week. FSU players put out a tweet "to express our disappointment in the circumstances that led to Mark's resignation".
Chris Henderson of All White Kit tweeted "Krikorian leaving makes it four college head coaches with national titles having left their position in the offseason, along with Cromwell, McAlpine, and Petrucelli."

Cromwell left UCLA to go to the Orlando Pride, Mcalpine left Southern Cal to go to Georgia, and Petrucelli left SMU to go to the Chicago Red Stars.
MookieBlaylock
AG
What are the circumstances and when can he start?
HiddenAg2
Very interesting. Someone is going to get a great coach.
mullokmotx
AG
Krikorian has ben replaced by UT coach Brian Pensky.
HiddenAg2
mullokmotx said:

Krikorian has ben replaced by UT coach Brian Pensky.
Well I'm good with that because he was a pain our backside at Tennessee.
mullokmotx
AG
Maybe he will move to Gainesville. Florida fired Tony Amato today after 1 season, But Florida may not have much money left after paying the men's football coach to leave 5 months ago.
oragator
We didn't have to pay him to leave, he left on his own. Was in everyone's best interest. In fact I think UGA had to pay us a buyout.
Amato was canned for not knowing how to communicate to young women, caused eating disorders, depression etc apparently. Which means our genius AD has somehow hired two of those men, after what happened in basketball. Not sure how statistically it's even possible to have your only two outside women's coaching hires end up that way, but here we are.
As Far as MK, he is what the UF fans want, but not sure what the interest is on either side. After the two disaster hires, I am sure our AD is getting huge pressure to hire a woman this time, but MK would be hard to pass up if he happened to be interested.
TRM
AG
We got someone from the FSU staff.

https://12thman.com/news/2022/5/24/soccer-aggies-add-ahmad-brown-to-coaching-staff.aspx
Quote:

Texas A&M soccer added renowned performance analyst Ahmad Brown to the staff as the volunteer assistant coach, head coach G Guerrieri announced Tuesday.

"I am so excited for Ahmad to join the Aggie soccer family as our newest assistant coach," Guerrieri said. "He is a very intelligent and gifted young coach who brings some very modern ideas and experiences to the program."

Brown assumes the volunteer assistant coach position fresh off a one-year stint as performance analyst with the women's soccer team at Florida State. While on the staff, the Seminoles won the NCAA Division I national title and claimed the ACC championship in 2021
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.