Musah Appreciation Thread

1,266 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jeffk
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's still learning and has things he needs to clean up but damn if he is not impressive for an 18 year old. Loved how he navigated Steffen's roll out that put him in danger with a step over and dusted 2 Mexican defenders with one move (1:50 mark)

"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
mrmill3218
AG
You can't overstate how good he was the other night. Played like. 28 year old.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
I've had a man-crush on this kid since i first saw him play for the red white and blue (i know i am not alone there). i dont think the UMNT has ever had a true box to box midfielder with his level of skill (at least potentially) that i can remember. Just the control and poise he showed the other night was incredibly impressive. If he can continue to build on that, get some solid PT in Europe, he could end up being truly world class.
mrmill3218
AG
He reminds me of John Obrien a bit.
Aston94
AG
Having a CM that can hold the ball and distribute under pressure is just so awesome for us. It has really been one of the missing components from USMNT soccer for many years.
tysker
AG
His first touch always seems to move into space or break pressure. That sort of thing that is much easier to say than to do
jessexy
AG
mrmill3218 said:

Beat me to it. They're very similar players.

The last box-to-box player to play for the USMNT with this kind of class was Jermaine Jones. Of course he was more known for his rugged style, but that dude could move the ball for real.
TheMasterplan
He's no Michael Bradley that's for sure.
Dre_00
mrmill3218 said:

If Musah spends the next 10 years in a physio room I'm blaming this post and only this post.
fig96
AG
Something I noticed at the USA v Jamaica match in Austin is that he's a really muscular guy, it doesn't stand out on tv but he's noticeably thicker than most of the other guys on the roster. I think that has a lot to do with the hold up play you see from him, he doesn't get bullied off the ball and isn't afraid to stand up a defender.
jeffk
AG
He may be thick, but Weston is still our THIC player.
jeffk
AG
Also, apparently Musah was battling strep throat last night.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.