***** USMNT vs Mexico WCQ Game Thread (11/12) *****

22,444 Views | 504 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's get those three points.

Kickoff: 9:10 pm ET
Cincinnati, OH
ESPN2, Univision, TUDN
jeffk
AG
Berhalter confirmed in his presser that Pulisic won't be starting but Steffen is.
PatAg
AG
Contemplating going to watch it somewhere with some friends, but we've won every game I just watched at home.
Rudyjax
AG
Pulsic on the bench.
deadbq03
AG
PatAg said:

Contemplating going to watch it somewhere with some friends, but we've won every game I just watched at home.
I feel like any time I make extra effort to watch any sports in a special way, it goes badly.
Rudyjax
AG
PatAg said:

****, you know what to do.

I'm worried about my karma watching in a sports bar in Indianapolis.
aggiephoenix02
jeffk started the thread, so we've done all we can up to this point...
aggiephoenix02
So are all y'all so called USMNT supporters that also root for Mexico on the USMNT thread (because in y'alls minds it helps the USMNT qualify for the World Cup :/ barf ) gonna root for Mexico or USA this time?
gougler08
AG
I'm not sure how to even respond to this
aggiephoenix02
gougler08 said:

I'm not sure how to even respond to this
Well, y'all know where I stand; I want Mexico to lose every game they play.

Some self proclaimed USMNT supporters on this board for some ludicrous reasons want to see Mexico win qualifying games though.

It seems like a very valid question from my point of view. How could any true USA fan ever root for a Mexican victory? It's sickening to even think about...
PatAg
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

So are all y'all so called USMNT supporters that also root for Mexico on the USMNT thread (because in y'alls minds it helps the USMNT qualify for the World Cup :/ barf ) gonna root for Mexico or USA this time?
I dont think there are any USMNT supporters that also root for Mexico. There are some actual Mexicans that root for Mexico though.
aggiephoenix02
PatAg said:

aggiephoenix02 said:

I dont think there are any USMNT supporters that also root for Mexico. There are some actual Mexicans that root for Mexico though.
Yeah, that's how I see things.

They say they're USA fans but also want Mexico to win (they say because it helps the USA qualify), but all that really means is they're just Mexico fans that also root for the USA. No self respecting USA fan would EVER root for Mexico to win a qualifier.

Which was what I was banned for saying in the last game thread.

If you root for Mexico to win, then you ain't a USA fan!
aggiephoenix02
If you root for Mexico to win than you're as bad as all those fans in the stands at Mexico games that say that word that got me banned in the last game thread. You know the word that the Mexican fans say when the opposing team's goal keeper takes a goal kick...
PatAg
AG
Drunk again?
aggiephoenix02
I wasn't that drunk when I was banned. I was pissed that USA fans were rooting for Mexico to win a qualifier...
aggiephoenix02
But hey all you haters, rejoice! I'll probably be drunk for tomorrow's game, so maybe I will get perma-banned after all...
Rudyjax
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

How is it possible I knew who wrote this without looking at the name.
aggiephoenix02
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

aggiephoenix02 said:

How is it possible I knew who wrote this without looking at the name.
Isn't it amazing my ban was complete just one day before the next USMNT game! AND against Mexico!?!?!

Edit: I did miss posting on the Braves World Series thread, and the Braves making the World Series was the most important sporting event to me personally in the past 20 years, so my ban did hurt bad...
jeffk
AG
From a qualification perspective, it makes sense to want Mexico to win every game they play other than against the US.
jeffk
AG
Please stop spamming the thread. Go start your own anti-Mexico NT thread if you want somewhere to rant.
akm91
AG
Which one starts: Yedlin, Cannon or Scally @ RB? I'd like to see Scally start. He's in really good form and plays regularly and mostly holds his own against quality players. I know it would be his first cap, but didn't Berhalter start Bello against Mexico in one of the finals t his summer for Bello's first cap?
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
theNetSmith
AG
Sweet.

7pm -- former Aggie soccer players Melissa (Garey) Harrington and Emily (DeWoody) Castro will be on the season premiere of Shark Tank (ABC).

8pm -- USMNT vs. Mexico

Win-Win.
KCup17
AG
While I would love to see him play I'm not sure his first cap should be starting against Mex in a WCQ.
deadbq03
AG
akm91 said:

Which one starts: Yedlin, Cannon or Scally @ RB? I'd like to see Scally start. He's in really good form and plays regularly and mostly holds his own against quality players. I know it would be his first cap, but didn't Berhalter start Bello against Mexico in one of the finals t his summer for Bello's first cap?
If the game were in Azteca, the answer is Yedlin.

But since it's not, I'm with you… I'd really like to see Scally. I'm hoping that he's had some good training sessions and has made it obvious for Gregg that he's better than the others.
akm91
AG
Going to have to record the match and watch tomorrow most likely. Going to high school fooball playoff game and won't be back in time to watch. Gotta stay off any of the sports score apps!
The Pilot
AG
Did you learn about penalty kicks during your ban?
jeffk
AG
Score predictions?

I'm hoping for a US win. 2-1 maybe?
akm91
AG
Let's resurrect the dos a cero trend in OH
jeffk
AG
Make sure you take this thread off your watchlist if you don't want spoilers tonight.
akm91
AG
I'm keeping the phone in my pocket all night so I'm not tempted!
theNetSmith
AG
that works for you? sounds like you're flirting with danger
akm91
AG
theNetSmith said:

that works for you? sounds like you're flirting with danger
I'll let you know!
aggiephoenix02
USA 2 Mexico 0
DeangeloVickers
AG
RebAg13

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.