USWNT Thread

21,106 Views | 320 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by littlebitofhifi
bbry81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes I get that but why play a team like Paraguay twice. Now loyd has past Lilly in the all time goal scoring. 5 goals in that first game. Pretty lame if you ask me
wangus12
AG
I think it just has to be availability. I do think its strange how the USWNT schedules these games seemingly at random. I think there is an international break over the last 2 weeks for the women. But playing minnows like Paraguay (especially twice) seems unnecessary. You won 17-0 over 2 games and it was no contest. That's not how you get people to tune in and watch because it simply isn't a competition. They need to get games against the European sides which are more of a fair contest.
littlebitofhifi
AG
Europeans are using the international break for Euro qualifiers and APJ can't travel to US due to COVID restrictions. Only option is CONCACAF and CONMEBOL so that limits the pool.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Who couldn.t score vs Paraguay?
Rudyjax
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Who couldn.t score vs Paraguay?
I bet A&M would beat Paraguay.
bbry81
Canada is just up the road. Seems like a quality game if they wanted one. It just makes me not care and be less of a fan.
littlebitofhifi
AG
The US has played Canada over 60 times. Literally 10% of all their games have been against Canada including having just played in a major 3 games ago. At least they've never played Paraguay before. You take what you can get during international breaks when other regions have qualifying rounds already scheduled.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.