Everton 2021-2022 Thread

7,825 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggies1322
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RealTalk said:

Can someone explain why this is not a handball?

https://streamgg.com/v/vfsdp242
because like defining what a catch is in American football, soccer has redefined handball officially 6 times in the last 20 years. no one knows what the rule is anymore. HD slow mo replay only adds to the confusion.
jeffk
AG
In-game they said there was an offside offense in the buildup before the handball. The studio crew showed a terrible graphic that they all said showed an obvious offside but honestly it looked like he was on or at least really close. Then a bit ago some league officiating folks admitted it "looked a penalty."

Long story short, y'all got screwed.
wangus12
AG
Because you were playing a team from Manchester
HTownAg98
Who's cutting onions?
chjoak
AG
RealTalk said:

Can someone explain why this is not a handball?

https://streamgg.com/v/vfsdp242

PGMOL needs to be replaced. Practically all the refs are white males from northern England and their bias against southern clubs and at times foreign players is incredibly obvious. Every southern club needs to be compiling clips like these and take them to the league offices. Refuse to play next season unless something is done about the refs. Go find a a reffing organization from the EU mainland that is willing to provide refs for next season. Without the geographic bias you will see significantly fairer reffing.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
russian owner
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Jesus Herbert Walker Christ. What a win. And on a complete "the Saudis paid for it" red card.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
We're in Barney
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Ok. This side is beyond bipolar. Drop points mid week to a minnow and then beat Man U today. We're like the crack-addled hobo sleeping under a bus shelter that somehow finds lucidity from time to time.
fig96
AG
Stole a late point today after giving up a 5th minute goal, I'll take it. 4 points clear of the drop zone with I believe 8 to play, but we also have 1 if not 2 games in hand over most of the league.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Much needed. We need to keep stealing points where we aren't supposed to and not drop points at all.

Burnley is the only side with a realistic shot at catching us and their schedule to the end of the season is definitely softer.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Sweet merciful Jordan Pickford. Wow.

2 points adrift with a match in hand isn't so bad - especially now that we're at a softer spot in the schedule.
fig96
AG
Pickford was ridiculous today. Actually a fairly entertaining match despite having almost zero possession, huge 3 points.

Starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel, just need to pick up a few more points and we should be able to get clear.
KCup17
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CdEPicfFfBb

Didn't know where else to take this but look out for Rog's hat.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Finally an away win!!!!!
fig96
AG
That first goal was a stunner!

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Win today and we're out of the weeds. COYB!!!
Aggies1322
AG
Ref trying to screw us.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Ok boys. Just get 3 points today and lets put an end to this madness. COYB
fig96
AG
I'm gonna have a heart attack.
heddleston
AG
WOOOOOOO HOLY SMOKES I CANT BELIEVE IT

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
fig96
AG
In-freakin'-sane.

This is why we watch football y'all.
Aggies1322
AG
Letsssss gooooooooooo
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

It just feels like this hire is the same as going out for a "nice" dinner and ending up at the Cheescake Factory or something.
called that one
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Trotted out a serious "B" team today and got beaten like it. Now let us all never mention the 2021-2022 season again.
Aggies1322
AG

Trotted out a serious "B" team today and got beaten like it. Now let us all never mention the 2021-2022 season again.

Gotta strengthen our back line and midfield or every season will be like this one. Need to splash money properly.
heddleston
AG
Someone steal Moshiris phone, and block Joorchabian's number!
nickstro66
AG
Well that was an interesting season. I assume we keep Lampard as manager going into next season. Hopefully we have a busy summer transfer window.
heddleston
AG
Okay so who all is going off the books this summer? Sigurdson, Tosun, should both be gone, do we sell Richy or DCL? I think with the roster we have and some reinforcemts on the backline and CDM we can stay out of the relegation battle (IF.. IF!!! we're healthy). with those moves can we actually buy? will Moshiri shut up and let his staff make the moves? can we hope for anything better than just staying out of the relegation battle?
Aggies1322
AG
heddleston said:

Okay so who all is going off the books this summer? Sigurdson, Tosun, should both be gone, do we sell Richy or DCL? I think with the roster we have and some reinforcemts on the backline and CDM we can stay out of the relegation battle (IF.. IF!!! we're healthy). with those moves can we actually buy? will Moshiri shut up and let his staff make the moves? can we hope for anything better than just staying out of the relegation battle?

I think we have a hefty price tag on Richy but Real Madrid may be willing to match after getting the D from Mbappe. DCL shouldn't be going anywhere, but MANU may want him? If those guys go.. You'd have to think we'd have a big budget to replace them.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Tosun expires; Sigurdsson is gone for obvious reasons.

Like others have said, we need to shore up the back line and have more options at CDM.

Also like others have said, please for the love of God keep Moshiri far far far far away from that process.

I've heard of some varying interest in DCL from domestic sides (potentially Newcastle looking to spend their new petro-state dollars so perhaps we can get crazy saudi money for him). Not sure what happens to Richarlison.
Aggies1322
AG
Saw a report that Chelsea may offer Pulisic as a deal to get Richarlison.. honestly, I think Pulisic would be a better fit than Richy. I hope it happens.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I'm happy with that. Richarlison needs to be in a situation where being selfish gets him benched.
Aggies1322
AG

I'm happy with that. Richarlison needs to be in a situation where being selfish gets him benched.

Yeah, he's ultra talented but his temper/attitude is a pretty big downside imo. You can look past it when you're winning but not during a season like this one was.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.