Everton 2021-2022 Thread

7,827 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggies1322
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here we go lads. New manager to hire and a transfer window to crush. All sorts of rumors flying about who will replace Ancelotti - latest I've heard includes Andrea Pirlo. I would honestly be curious to see the reins handed to Big D if nothing for the "our manager can (and probably has) beat up your manager" factor.
Aggies1322
AG
Sad to see Ancelotti leave us. But I have some faith that we'll be okay.
heddleston
AG
Yeah there seem to be some exciting candidates for his replacement, so not all hope is lost. Richy is probably gonna want to go to RM, and that's fine, but Carlo is gonna have to pay a tax for it.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Not that worried if richarlison goes. We'll get a better fit for the transfer fee anyways.
Aggies1322
AG
If we get $100MM which is what I heard we placed on him, then I'm perfectly fine with that. We can also sell Kean for a good fee and buy 3-4 really talented players. Need a RB, CB, RW, LW (if Richy leaves)
fig96
AG
Moyes looks to be re-signing with West Ham (which I'm just fine with), I feel like Benitez might be the most intriguing name linked at this point. Another outlet is claiming we've offered Galatasaray's manager which sounds questionable.

Also apparently some interest from both Everton and Spurs for LAFC's Diego Rossi, he's been killing it in MLS.
heddleston
AG
When The Athletic sent me a notification about it all I saw was "DAVID MOYES SET TO SIGN" and my jaw about hit the floor. Loved that dude, glad he and the hammers are finding success together(albeit at our expense), but that ship has sailed.
fig96
AG
Benitez is the hot rumor over Nuno at this point...I think we could do a whole lot worse.
Legal Custodian
AG
Saw some rumors that Everton might be looking Daryl Dike's way for a summer transfer. Any scuttlebutt y'all are hearing?
fig96
AG
Last I saw was Everton, Wolves, Leeds, and Man United all interested. Which is better than the 8 teams it was a few weeks ago

For Everton I would imagine it's him or Rossi and not both.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Pickford looked lights out for England today.
heddleston
AG
Welp, it feels weird, but yay for having a new manager? I was trying to figure out how to describe this to a non-soccer person who is very Georgia adjacent and i tried to imagine how livid Georgia Tech fans would be if they hired Mark Richt or something. That said, there're worse choices out there and he seems like a good dude so ill give him a try.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Seems kinda strange that Rafa apparently still lives in the Wirral. I mean it's beautiful and great but it's been a decade since he left Merseyside.
heddleston
AG
Yeah I get that he was there for a long time in terms of coaching a top european side, so maybe he put down roots and established a family rhythm or something. HOWEVER, you're a Spaniard who is absolutely loaded from a lucrative job, and you choose Liverpool of all places to base yourself in?
fig96
AG
He loves The Beatles?

Not having the personal attachment that I'm sure many on the other side of the pond do, he's a really solid manager to lead a club. Fingers crossed, now onto the summer window!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
It just feels like this hire is the same as going out for a "nice" dinner and ending up at the Cheescake Factory or something.
Turk Turkleton
AG
Anyone else shocked this guy actually showed up to Finch Farm today?

agdoc2001
AG
Rumor is Gylfi has been arrested for inappropriate messages with minors.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggies1322
AG
agdoc2001 said:

Rumor is Gylfi has been arrested for inappropriate messages with minors.

Yeah.. we should have sold him a year ago. Also... creepy. Hopefully, for all involved, its a huge misunderstanding.
Aggies1322
AG
Great result on a day with ugly conditions. Keane looked atrocious.
fig96
AG
That giveaway was ugly for sure.

Lots of positives though, Townsend and Gray look like solid additions and Allan had a great match, Doucoure looked good and had a banger of a goal, Richarlison looked really sharp, and that last one from Calvert-Lewin was a beauty.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Doucoure's goal was something else for sure. Great to see a full stadium. If the brits can do it, that just shows you anyone in the us opposing it is full of *****
heddleston
AG
First time we've come from behind at halftime to win since 2015. Hope we keep that fight in us all season, we're gonna need it!
heddleston
AG
Road points.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Should have had all 3. But if you told me before the match that we'd be coming home from Leeds with a point, I would have taken it.

Also, Keane, buddy, you're not Santa. Ease up on the gift-giving.
Aggies1322
AG
Reports are that Mbappe is on his way to Madrid.. and PSG like Richarlison to replace him. If we sell before the window, it better be a handsome fee.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I don't mind seeing rich go. We can do better for the money.

That said, nice win today. Brighton are a solid side lately and don't look like a relegation contender. 3 points is 3 points.
fig96
AG
Looked pretty solid and probably should've had at least one more.

I'm super impressed with Gray, he's got pace, has good vision, and isn't afraid to go at goal.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
3 points at home against Burnley. 3-1 win after going down 0-1. Townsend with an absolute screamer of a goal. 10 points. 4th in the table but level on points with the top 3.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Rough loss away to Aston villa. Need injury woes to lighten up.

That said, James heading off to make "I'M RICH, *****" eff you Qatari money frees up 200,000/week of wages. Hopefully next transfer window puts us on track to compete for spots in Europe.
Aggies1322
AG
Good win today. Unfortunately, the ags ruined my day.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
3 points is 3 points. Good to get all 3 points from games we should win - especially when we are suffering from serious injury woes.
Turk Turkleton
AG
Gray, Townsend, along with Doucoure are just so much fun to watch! And not to take away from earning a point away…take the shot Tom, winners take that shot.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Man I wish Tom had more confidence right now.
heddleston
AG
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.