Backyard Net?

576 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jim01
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody have a backyard net or netting system they would recommend?

Looking at constructing something for my 12 yr old soccer nut daughter. Our backyard is about 20-25 ft wide and 50-60ft long so I've got some decent room.

Right now I was looking at sports netting on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RBPJ382/?coliid=I3NVRV7OPOD651&colid=2OI7EF7RAE5SG&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1&psc=1

And then maybe use one of the fence posts as one end, and then put another post as the other end and string up a steel wire across it to run the net. I'd like it a decent height, like 8-10 feet so she doesn't sail balls over it that often.

I was looking at baseball netting because my son would also use it for pitching, hitting practice, but main focus would be soccer.

Any ideas? Recommendations?
YankeeAg05
No links but I'd suggest something that will bounce/rebound shots back. My friends and I played a ton of backyard soccer growing up and we had some homemade goals before getting a rebound net. It'll be more fun for your kid to play if friends aren't around and easier on your fences. I had one for my son a few years back that connected the net with bungy cords that always seemed to break. Growing up the one we had used metal rings to hold the net taut and worked much better.
PatAg
AG
Jim01 said:

Anybody have a backyard net or netting system they would recommend?

Looking at constructing something for my 12 yr old soccer nut daughter. Our backyard is about 20-25 ft wide and 50-60ft long so I've got some decent room.

Right now I was looking at sports netting on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RBPJ382/?coliid=I3NVRV7OPOD651&colid=2OI7EF7RAE5SG&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1&psc=1

And then maybe use one of the fence posts as one end, and then put another post as the other end and string up a steel wire across it to run the net. I'd like it a decent height, like 8-10 feet so she doesn't sail balls over it that often.

I was looking at baseball netting because my son would also use it for pitching, hitting practice, but main focus would be soccer.

Any ideas? Recommendations?
If you are setting up anything like a goal in front of the net, then you need to account for where the ball can fly to after it hits the cross bar and posts as well.

Jim01
AG
No goal in front of it, the net would effectively be the goal to shoot against.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.