***USMNT vs Switzerland***

2,112 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PatAg
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ESPN is such a great company, that they are sticking with college softball over the start of coverage of the game.

So it's "streaming live on ESPN app" instead of at 1pm on the main channel.
PatAg
AG
However, when I use the espn app, I just get a message that says the event has not started yet.
PatAg
AG
ESPN doesn't deserve to get soccer games, they treat it like a joke every chance they get.
JCRiley09
AG
Not sure they could cut away from a softball playoff game in the final innings for an international friendly.
Aggies1322
AG
Lletget is not a good soccer player, but I can get behind the fact that he is always in the right place.
bbry81
It has started and didn't take long. 1-0 letjet right place right time finish in box
Aggies1322
AG
Swiss are rather lucky with that deflection. But defense was pulled way out of position there. 1-1
PatAg
AG
JCRiley09 said:

Not sure they could cut away from a softball playoff game in the final innings for an international friendly.
So you are one of the 200 , got it
Aggies1322
AG
PatAg said:

JCRiley09 said:

So you are one of the 200 , got it

Seriously.. college softball or most popular sport in the world. Shouldnt be tough.
JCRiley09
AG
I'm not saying that college softball is more popular or better, but it's a playoff game in the final innings. The stakes for those 200 viewers are higher than the opening minutes of a soccer friendly
Aggies1322
AG
Lletget needed to drive that across the face not float it to an empty back post.
Unemployed
AG
Ball don't lie.
JW
AG
Biased, but the MLS players seem obvious.
Aggies1322
AG
JW said:

Biased, but the MLS players seem obvious.

Yueill and Lletget are just slower and some of their decisions make no sense. Lletget is just always in the right place.
Aggies1322
AG
Gio... inches from 2-1.
stillmerk
AG
Pretty control from Dest
Aggies1322
AG
Beautiful attacking.. shaky defending.
stillmerk
AG
Yeah, Cannon nor Brooks are not playing great. It's not just them though.
JCRiley09
stillmerk
AG
My God.
Expert Analysis
AG
Is this our C team?
Aggies1322
AG
Dest still needs that mental maturation. Such an incredible talent though.
Aggies1322
AG
Expert Analysis said:

Is this our C team?

No.. its like half of our A team.
stillmerk
AG
Missing maybe Adams, Yedlin, Pulisic...Robinson for our A team? And Steffan.
Expert Analysis
AG
Thank you both. That's not good, we are getting worked pretty bad.
JW
tysker
AG
Dod we stop developing defensive mids? Just a cycle ago we were complaining about how to get them all on the field
JW
AG
Outclassed today
Aggies1322
AG
tysker said:

Dod we stop developing defensive mids? Just a cycle ago we were complaining about how to get them all on the field

Adams is injured. Hes a high quality CDM.
Aggies1322
AG
JW said:

Outclassed today

Outclassed? I don't think so. I think the Swiss are a lot more mature and older. I think we had more talented players WITHOUT Pulisic and Dike and Adams. I dont think this was being outclassed. I think it was a lot of youth on the back line that got pulled out of position on counter attacks.
JCRiley09
AG
Agreed. The talent on the team has improved so much and everyone is eager to see this domination on the pitch, but we need to remember how young these guys are.
Pahdz
Centerbacks were abysmal. Late the both of them just let a guy dribble between both of them at the top of the 18 and fire off a shot.

Got some work to do
mrmill3218
AG
Have to play Dest on the right and Robinson on the left. Anyone wondering why/how Jackson Yueill is part of the team? The guy is an okay MLS player but just not national team quality. Really bizarre selection, especially after the Olympic qualifying disaster. Really have to have your best players on the pitch.

Also, anyone else wondering what Berhalter is doing with the whole dual #10s and hybrid fullback? When are some questions about berhalter going to be asked?
JCRiley09
AG
mrmill3218 said:

Have to play Dest on the right and Robinson on the left. Anyone wondering why/how Jackson Yueill is part of the team? The guy is an okay MLS player but just not national team quality. Really bizarre selection, especially after the Olympic qualifying disaster. Really have to have your best players on the pitch.

Also, anyone else wondering what Berhalter is doing with the whole dual #10s and hybrid fullback? When are some questions about berhalter going to be asked?

Since the start of his tenure?
mrmill3218
AG
There were questions at first but now all anyone talks about is how much we're improving. I don't see it at all. Maybe everyone has just accepted the fact that berhalter isn't going anywhere.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.