Soccer Tactic Questions

2,515 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mathguy64
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They obviously read the thread about the dangers of playing out of the back.
Pahdz
My wife and I coach U11 girls and our club has every 9v9 team run a 3-1-3-1 (11v11 teams just add the 5 & 8) and want us building out of the back. Whoever said it gives gray hairs is right, but it's a lot of fun when it starts clicking and the girls get it going. We aren't great yet but it's fun to see the growth.

We can punt but we don't unless we're getting high pressure from a clearly better team. PatAg made a good point about not only comfort on the ball and touch being important but also positioning. My daughter plays the 6 and has fantastic touch and always connects the first pass, but holy crap is she brain dead with movement off the ball. That's probably the toughest thing to get the youngsters to get.
jeffk
AG
Had to be done.

Mathguy64
AG
For the record, I called this BEFORE the match.
jeffk
AG
You made a very safe bet that either ARS or LIV would facilitate an easy goal through poor out of the back play, yes.
Mathguy64
AG
If predicting was easy, everyone would be a weatherman.
Onceaggie2.0
PatAg said:

Talk about a game that is mostly throwback "lump it forward and pray" soccer. Rough to watch.
yeah cause watching bonehead passes in the back leading to easy goals is so much better.
Mathguy64
AG
And AVL says hold my beer and give one up on a horrific misplay by Mings back to his keeper. If Fulham stays up that may be the goal they look back at that made the difference.
Pahdz
Tottenham should make the list after that one they gave up but at least they redeemed themselves with two quick answers
Mathguy64
AG
I fully expect Maguire or Lindelof to make the list in about 3 hours.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.