Houston Dynamo 2021 Season Thread

7,015 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jeffk
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Congrats Dynamo fans.

oh no
AG
well, bye.
jeffk
AG
Long overdue.
Dre_00
I said a few posts back that if the owners kept Jordan around it would be a clear sign that they have no intention of being serious owners.

The fact they got rid of him doesn't mean that they are serious owners but it's a start. Would be interesting to see if Waibel is pursued as Jordan's replacement. I'm not going to pretend to know if he would succeed in the role but the fact that he has experience in the role, has familiarity with Houston, and can help link this current failure of a club to a time of success have to be considered positive attributes. Whomever they bring in needs to be backed with money or else firing Jordan won't matter.
AG@RICE
AG
No wins in 16 games...

Yikes.
oh no
AG
May 22 was the last win. Oof.

The new majority owner recently said to expect some spending for next year
Dre_00
Out in Left Field
AG
Not the worst team in Texas
KCup17
AG
Holy Smokes! We won a game!
oh no
AG
Out in Left Field said:

Not the worst team in Texas
well, in the battle between the two last place teams in the west, we beat Austin at home... but they have beaten us in Austin.. and even though we got 3 points on them on Saturday, they have a game in the hand. If Austin pulls out another win this season, we'll be tied for worst again.
Dre_00
7 points out of 9 and we beat Dallas in the season series? What is going on?
AG@RICE
AG
Ooof...its been a month since anyone posted on this thread...I had to dig it off of page 3.

Apparently we hired Pat Onstad to be our GM.

Seems like a good choice. Any remaining Dynamo fans will certainly give him a longer leash than other individuals. It will be interesting to see if he can dig the organization out of its deep hole.
KCup17
AG
Love the Onstad hire. If we want the Dynamo to return to the top, we need to bring back the players that brought us there and involve them in the organization.
Dre_00
The most interesting part was that the owner directly said that there will be a big difference in Houston Dynamo salaries next time they are released. Onstad effectively said that he wouldn't have agreed to come to Houston if he didn't believe he'd have the resources (or something to that effect).

Fingers crossed but we might actually spend some money. Whether we do it wisely is another question but at this point I just want to see them spend it.
jeffk
AG
Houston? Spend money of players? Blasphemy!
fig96
AG
I'm friends with a former player from that era and there was definitely some bitterness towards the previous ownership group, they really just forgot all the guys that got them there.

He loves the Onstad hire as do I, hoping this is the start of a good thing. I'd love to see all the Texas MLS teams on the other end of the table next season.
Dre_00
Tab Ramos won't be the manager next season. Have to say that I feel bad for him. Hard to say he's a bad coach based on 2 years of little to no support and subpar talent.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I hope he gets another shot somewhere else soon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.