NCAA Tournament

1,329 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mullokmotx
alamoaggie64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there a soccer tournament this year?
alamoaggie64
BQ_90
AG
Yes and no. Not this year per say, but it'll happen next spring
alamoaggie64
AG
Thanks
alamoaggie64
mullokmotx
AG
The last I saw NCAA Division 1 plans a spring season starting February 3 and a 48 team tournament with the selections on April 18 and the College Cup May 13-17. There will be only 18 at-large teams There would have been only 17 at large teams but the last I saw the Ivy League will not play in the spring.
I have not seen anything on how many games are allowed. The normal fall season is 20 games including exhibitions. There are 11 weekends from February 3 to April 18.
mullokmotx
AG
The Big West Conference is not playing soccer in the spring so now there will be 19 at-large spots in the 48 team NCAA Tournament.
mullokmotx
AG
I saw an announcement by the NWSL from December 17 that apparently the NCAA is allowing players to put in for the NWSL draft without forfeiting their spring 2021 eligibility. If drafted they can either decide to play in the NWSL or play the spring for their school as long as they don't sign with an agent or a pro team. Have not seen anything on the NCAA website about this. Players must put in for the draft by January 11.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.