Vanderbilt soccer's Sarah Fuller 'an option' to kick for football team, coach says

6,510 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 12law
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good to see the word "jihadist" has made an appearance in this thread about a girl kicking a football one time.
aTmAg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Good to see the word "jihadist" has made an appearance in this thread about a girl kicking a football one time.
Typical for you to whine about that. He didn't call her a jihadist or anything. Can you guys have a discussion without resorting to this sort of BS?
jeffk
AG
What an odd display of "not caring" we have here.
aTmAg
AG
I care about sexists incorrectly calling me sexist. I don't care about Vandy or Fuller.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
What cracks me up about this whole thing is that Futurama did this exact story almost to a 'T' 20 years ago:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/aot4gb/futurama-bean-machine

Quote:

Doubledeal: Excuse me, I'd like to talk to you.
Leela: Am I under arrest?
Bender: Wait! I know you. You're the sleazebag who owns the Ultimate Robot Fighting League.
Doubledeal: Not anymore. Now I'm the sleazebag who owns the New New York Mets.
Leela: The Mets? Those bums are worse than me.
Doubledeal: Close to it. But they don't draw a crowd like you. Which is why I wanna sign you to the team.
[Leela gasps.]
Leela: You mean I'd be the first woman ever to play Major League Blernsball?
Commissioner: Well, yeah, but basically you'd just be a publicity stunt. I figure a one-eyed lady skull-buster might bring out the freakshow crowd.
Leela: Wow! The first woman ever to play Major League Blernsball.
Commissioner: Again, yeah, but basically you'd just be--
[Leela jumps into the air, cheering.]
And Leela proceeds to go on to be the first woman to play pro blernsball while setting back the aspirations of women that are actually talented instead of publicity stunts.
ATM9000
AG
aTmAg said:

I care about sexists incorrectly calling me sexist. I don't care about Vandy or Fuller.

Your view on this seems to be based on some communications gambit that you laid out that really makes no sense and I'm sure everybody feels the same.

In that vein, I don't think you are sexist for what that is worth. Imbecile? Possibly.
aTmAg
AG
ATM9000 said:

aTmAg said:

Your view on this seems to be based on some communications gambit that you laid out that really makes no sense and I'm sure everybody feels the same.

In that vein, I don't think you are sexist for what that is worth. Imbecile? Possibly.
If you can't recognize the clear PR of this entire thing, then you probably shouldn't be implying anybody else is an imbecile.
CDub06
AG
If 4 pages of posting doesn't convince you that he doesn't care, nothing will.
aTmAg
AG
CDub06 said:

If 4 pages of posting doesn't convince you that he doesn't care, nothing will.
Again, I do care about falsely being called a sexist and about SJWs ruining the country. I don't care about Vandy or Fuller
CDub06
AG
I think you just care about getting the last word. Prove me wrong.
TEX465
AG
CDub06 said:

I think you just care about getting the last word. Prove me wrong.
QED
12law
AG
So no one here mentions that Vandy had a different kicker kick a pretty routine 39 yard field goal?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.