RIP Maradona

2,048 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PhatMack19
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MB19
AG
Incredible player. Single handedly took Argentina to the World Cup title in 1986. An absolute hero at Napoli as well for taking them to the Serie A title.

If you never saw him play, YouTube him. To be sure he scored one of the most controversial goals of all time, he also scored one of the great goals of all time. See Argentina v. England in the 1986 World Cup.

wangus12
AG
No doubt one of the best to ever play.
Aggies1322
AG
La mano de dios.. he was a good soccer player but a very, very troubled man. Hope he was ready to meet his maker.
BBRex
AG
rebag00
AG
I lived in Naples as a kid from 1989-1992. I never got to see him play in person, but his impact on Naples was palpable. Their Serie A titles really gave the people of Naples, and Southern Italy as a whole, a feeling of equality. This was partially due to the fact that their soccer teams had never won a title before him but now they had one (and then two) That's how big soccer is/was in Italy. No more taking **** from northerners because we have Maradona! The guy was a bonified cultural phenomenon, completely from his ability to dominate on the pitch.

He was the GOAT.
byfLuger41
AG
Here
BBRex
AG
My nod for GOAT is Pele, but I think it is more personal choice than objective right or wrong.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Can't believe he made it to 60

Amazing player and had a hell of a life

tremble
AG
RIP. Went I went to the '98 WC, my dad literally ran into him exiting the bathroom during the Netherlands/Argentina quarterfinal in Marseille.

He was so excited he could barely explain what had happened.
Furlock Bones
AG
Ray Hudson on the loss of Maradona

wiggythump
AG
RIP to one of the greatest of all time. The hand of God has come for him this time.
bbry81
Rip how many hands of god goals will he score now that he is up there.
DuncanField91
AG
MB19 said:

Incredible player. Single handedly took Argentina to the World Cup title in 1986. An absolute hero at Napoli as well for taking them to the Serie A title.

If you never saw him play, YouTube him. To be sure he scored one of the most controversial goals of all time, he also scored one of the great goals of all time. See Argentina v. England in the 1986 World Cup.

akm91
AG
MB19 said:

I see what you did there
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
ChipFTAC01
AG

I saw this clip years ago and it always the first thing I think of when it comes to Maradona. Just warming off by showing off his ball skills, probably showing off a bit but also just enjoying himself and dancing.

And probably with 1/2 kilo of coke flowing through his veins.

RIP GOAT
akm91
AG
That warmup is insane!

Klinsmann talked about it on the ESPNFC podcast but didn't do it justice!
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Guppy91
AG
RIP El Diego. Reports say over 1 million people will pay tribute to him lying in state at Casa Rosada, Buenos Aires.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
He lived his George Best life. Sorry to see him go.

Quote:

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
PhatMack19
AG
This is pretty wild

https://www.espn.com/soccer/argentina-arg/story/4390371/diego-maradona-case-seven-medical-professionals-charged-with-homicide
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.