******BTHO Tennessee******

5,237 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rambotx
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M Soccer is back on the road for this week's matchup. The Aggies face Tennessee in Knoxville on Friday at 6PM Central (7PM Eastern). This game will be available to stream live on SEC+ through the ESPN app.

Tennessee has been quite problematic to A&M in the past. In fact. the Lady Vols are the only SEC team that Aggie Soccer has a losing record against. The Aggies are 1-6 all-time versus Tennessee and have been held scoreless in all 6 of their losses.

A&M is looking to get back in the winning column against Tennessee, but it won't be an easy task in Knoxville. The Lady Vols are 2-2-1 on the season with a 2-0 mark at home at Regal Stadium. Their wins have come over Vanderbilt (1-0 in OT) and Missouri (2-1). Tennessee lost to Alabama (1-3) and Georgia (0-1). Their tie came last weekend at Kentucky (1-1). In all, they have been outscored 6-5 on the season.

Redshirt Freshman forward (and Texan) Jaida Thomas (#2) has led the scoring with 2 goals this season. She started the season as a sub, but has earned the starting spot after scoring both game winners in her team's wins. In their last match against Kentucky, Thomas reeled off 6 shots, placing 5 on frame. The freshman certainly jumps off the stat sheet at this point in her young career.

Sophomore midfielder Claudia Dipasupil (#12) has yet to take a shot, but she has made an impact on the scoreboard with her team-high 3 assists.

Sophomore goalkeeper Lindsey Romig returned to goal for Tennessee after making the SEC all-freshman team last season. Last year, she tallied 42 saves while allowing just 7 goals. Thus far in 2020, Romig has totaled 27 saves, while allowing 6 goals.

Coach Brian Pensky is in his 9th season at Tennessee. He has guided the Lady Vols to a 92-51-25 record and 3 NCAA Tournament Appearances. He guided Tennessee to their first ever elite eight appearance in 2018. Tennessee advanced from the round of 16 that year by handing Texas A&M a 3-0 loss. That marked A&M's last meeting with the Lady Vols.

This will definitely be a tougher match than last week's. But against Tennessee especially, a win is a win. Tennessee should be better equipped to pressure A&M and disrupt the midfield. Aggies should prevail. Let's say 2-1?
BQ_90
AG
these guys have been thorn in our sides, we need to curb stomp these clowns.
mullokmotx
AG
I didn't realize that all 7 games with UT have been shutouts.
McJulie-O
AG
Stomp 'em, Aggies!
CDub06
AG
Game Day
jeffk
Expert Analysis
AG
Streaming is only option for this one. Our volleyball team is on the SEC Network same time.

Curious on Laney Carroll's status. Her potential is high.
I have liked Olivieri up top these past couple games. Not sure how that would change if Laney gets back in.
Giggem
AG
Thank you, CDub!

Can't wait for this one. I think this team, though young, has the skill and composure to take it to the Vols.
AggieDO97
AG
Does anyone know if tickets are available?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CDub06
AG
If you're in town, they''re operating on the same 25% that we are. First come, first serve. They should probably have an allotment of visitor tickets as well. If you're there and want to go, just show up early to the ticket window.
Expert Analysis
AG
Carroll in the starting lineup
bbry81
i guess i lost anyway to stream it. my youtube tv wont let me stream anything on watchespn anymore. not sure what happened.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Guess the camera isn't aware of the zoom button
WheelinAg
AG
I could use some crowd noise
DeangeloVickers
AG
Dang that looked like corner
TRM
AG
Good chance there.
DeangeloVickers
AG
What a ball by Oliveri

How is there not a foul either way on that?!?
DeangeloVickers
AG
Dang foul on Addie
CDub06
AG
The broadcast says "SEC plus" but the quality says SEC minus.
WheelinAg
AG
The main camera is worse than my 2 year old $300 cell phone camera.
AgsSoccerFan
Coach Pensky and the ref setting up dinner plans after the match.
DeangeloVickers
AG
AgsSoccerFan said:

Coach Pensky and the ref setting up dinner plans after the match.

No joke.. fouls on almost every goal kick
DeangeloVickers
AG
Nice what the hell was their keeper doing
Expert Analysis
AG
Amazing goal
TRM
AG
Goal
Sports-Ag
AG
GOAL Aggies. I was waiting for the UT goalie coming out a lot to bite them.
medog
AG
That keeper likes playing out of the box and it cost her.
Expert Analysis
AG
Would be nice to have some replays. Announcers said keeper slipped? Looked like she was trying to cut back with pressure right on her. We steal it and score. Real bad play by the keeper. Great pressure by Geczic who just got in game.
bbry81
who scored
bbry81
watching tu and okst since i cant stream our game. okst look pretty good. tu doesnt look very good. lots of space on the field
DeangeloVickers
AG
Death, taxes, foul on goal kick
DeangeloVickers
AG
I watch too much premier league. Those were two yellow cards on UT

Foul on breakaway and then kicking ball away
TRM
AG
Geczik.
TRM
AG
Replay
Expert Analysis
AG
Nice shot and save. Aggies with the corner
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.