Cleat Review

1,140 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by fig96
rooftop18403
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm in the market for new cleats. Player specs; old man, past prime, bad back, shouldn't be playing.

I've been wearing the same hypervenom shoes for years and ready to get something new. Who's bought new cleats lately that can recommend something they like? Any price range $50 - $150.
medog
AG
Can never go wrong with old school Adidas Copas. My daughter plays in college and has worn them since ECNL. They're super comfortable and last a long time - she has only gone through 2 pair in 4+ years.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I'm a fan of the adidas Copa line too. I like heavier, leather uppers - seen too many of the lighter, thinner composite cleats tear up in the first year of having them.

I will say that my last pair of New Balance soccer cleats were really comfy too though (our jersey supplier sent me a pair to test out for him). Edit to say that I'd recommend trying them on before purchasing. I think they run a little smaller through the toe than adidas does.
PatAg
AG
Copa Mundial, always
mrmill3218
AG
Who do you play for, jeffk?

I have a pair of the Nike Magistas with the collar (from the 2018 World Cup) and I love them a lot.
jeffk
AG
No one now, I'm an old 38. This was when I was coaching HS ball down in Houston actually. The store we bought all our equipment from up in Dallas had gotten all the new NB stuff in but no one would order it because he had no reviews on it, so he hooked me up with a bunch of free gear and I wrote him some reviews. Honestly, the gear hook-ups are the tangential thing about coaching I miss most.
aTmAg
AG
I never played (except occasional indoor), but I bought tons of cleats for my kids, and I always thought that the old school copas seemed sorta heavy.
Thunder18
AG
Adidas cleats are built better than Nike and more comfortable IMHO
aggiephoenix02
Adidas Copa Mundials! Kangaroo skin, durable, reliable, iconic look. What else do you want?
-This has been a message from the Entertainment Board Sneaker Thread Player Haterz Club President
rooftop18403
I know everyone has lost sleep wandering what shoe I went with (OP)... I went with the name and flash and got the Mercurial Vapor 13. Super soft, light and flexible. I got the added ankle support for the first time and it's a good addition. Would recommend.
jeffk
AG
I was actually wondering. Lol.
rooftop18403
Also, I got the turf version of the Mercurials which has a good tread that's aggressive enough for outdoor but still reasonable for turf and any other outdoor activities that require grip but not full on cleat.
fig96
AG
I actually just bought a pair of the Tech Craft Vapor 13s, which is the Vapor 13 with k-leather. SO comfortable.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.