Auburn Game Rescheduled

1,497 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Expert Analysis
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As you know, our 9/27 home opener against Auburn was postponed due to a false positive COVID test. G announced on the radio show last night that we have a new date for that one - November 9th.

That's a Monday afternoon... So plan accordingly.
Expert Analysis
AG
3pm
CDub06
AG
Yep. Was just coming to update since the time was posted.

https://12thman.com/news/2020/10/21/soccers-auburn-match-rescheduled-for-november-9.aspx

Quote:

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama The Texas A&M Aggies' postponed home match against the Auburn Tigers has been rescheduled for Monday, November 9, the Southeastern Conference announced Wednesday.

Auburn and the SEC have selected 3 p.m. as the start time at Ellis Field for what will be Texas A&M's last home match of the fall slate. The contest will stream on SEC Network + with David Ellis (color analyst) and Jeff Given (play-by-play) on the call.

The squads were originally scheduled to play on September 27 in what would have been Texas A&M's home opener. The Aggies had a positive COVID-19 test and the subsequent contact-tracing quarantines brought Texas A&M's available roster under the number set forth by the SEC in the return to play protocols. The positive test result was later deemed a lab error.
BQ_90
AG
G was talking about this in the weekly presser; so AU was insisting that the game be played during the day knowing that would reduce the crowd size.

Honestly why do or did they even get a say in it. It's our home game?
CDub06
AG
No clue. And I didn't see the presser, but I definitely noted that wording
Quote:

Auburn and the SEC have selected 3 p.m. as the start time at Ellis Field
Seems like they really wanted to get the point across that this was Auburn's doing.
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
Could this be a COVID move to reduce the number of nights Auburn needs to stay in Texas?
Expert Analysis
AG
I thought the same thing. They could make it a long day trip and not even spend the night. I am not sure what SEC/NCAA travel requirements are, but I am sure most of that would now be flexible with covid...
Ag Mom 91
S
Coach G. was on the radio today saying that Auburn wanted their game at A&M to be Nov. 9th at 3 pm because their coach doesn't want a lot of people to attend the game. Also, he said that the Auburn coach thinks that Aggie students/fans yelling, "Beat the Hell Outta Auburn" is disrespectful......

So, Coach G. encourages as many fans to attend this game as possible, sit behind the Auburn bench as close as is appropriate, and yell, "BTHO Auburn" over and over and over again!!
BQ_90
AG
Ag Mom 91 said:

Coach G. was on the radio today saying that Auburn wanted their game at A&M to be Nov. 9th at 3 pm because their coach doesn't want a lot of people to attend the game. Also, he said that the Auburn coach thinks that Aggie students/fans yelling, "Beat the Hell Outta Auburn" is disrespectful......

So, Coach G. encourages as many fans to attend this game as possible, sit behind the Auburn bench as close as is appropriate, and yell, "BTHO Auburn" over and over and over again!!
They kicked just about everyone out of the section behind the bench. That's we're my group has seats.

Well until we where kicked to,GA
TXAG4EVR
AG
Interesting info on the Monday's time.
sharpdressedman
A lifetime trophy can be won tomorrow. BTHO Auburn!
mullokmotx
AG
Looked at Flightaware. A flight from Auburn is due in tomorrow morning so it looks like Auburn is making this a 1 day trip. Might be another reason they wanted the game at 3.
Expert Analysis
AG
Have to travel for work tomorrow. Was going to attend until plans changed Friday morning...
Guess I'll miss our last win at home in 2020.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.