Champions League

4,304 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by deadbq03
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CBS Golazo channel is badass
DeangeloVickers
AG
Rennes has a very nice crowd. Great to see
DeangeloVickers
AG
United jerseys are zebra?!?!
wangus12
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

United jerseys are zebra?!?!
They're just trying to show how much the refs love them. The entire offense is based on running really fast into people and getting a penalty out of it
deadbq03
AG
Pretty good day for La Liga yesterday, but today...
deadbq03
AG
And man, Group B delivers.
gambochaman
AG
where is it being broadcast this year?

still BR?
deadbq03
AG
CBS All-Access

So as a bonus, you can send your credentials to your mother-in-law so she can binge watch NCIS instead of coming to visit. Win-win.
gambochaman
AG
BRILLIANT
Aston94
AG
Is the CBS All Acces platform the worst online platform around? Just terrible.
ptothemo
AG
Watching Bayern/Lokomotiv right now and the audio is a solid 45 seconds behind the video.
deadbq03
AG
ptothemo said:

Watching Bayern/Lokomotiv right now and the audio is a solid 45 seconds behind the video.
Yeah I had to switch to the Inter game. Impossible to listen in the background and then pay attention at key moments. I would have been livid if I were a Bayern fan and had to put up with that garbage.
ptothemo
AG
I had it on mute for most of the game due to being on conference calls, so I didn't realize it had been going on that long. The entire feed cut out in about the 75th minute and then came back with audio and video synced. Annoying for sure.
deadbq03
AG
Technical issues aside, I'll tentatively say that I think this is an upgrade over BR last year.

Love the Golazo channel and think commentary/production overall is better than what TNT/BR did.

And the subscription rate is cheaper.

That said, I wish ESPN still had rights so it'd be on ESPN+ right now and on ESPN (2) in the knockouts. And get better highlight coverage on Sportscenter.
DeangeloVickers
AG
How about Real coming back. Wow
Rudyjax
AG
I want my money back. Last week the stream kept crashing and today the sound was off.

So frustrating.
deadbq03
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

How about Real coming back. Wow
Both Spanish clubs had late drama yesterday. Even though I like Gladbach better, I think Real deserved to come back to get a draw (or win for that matter). Group B is chaos and I love it.

But I think Salzburg deserved to keep its draw with Atletico. They fought hard, and the stats were very even. And of course, I have a man-crush on Jesse Marsch and want him to succeed.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Krasnador has quite a bit of fans and an absolutely beautiful stadium
PatAg
AG
Reyna is going to start for Dortmund
DeangeloVickers
AG
This 2nd round of games is terrific

Golazo channel in my office
DeangeloVickers
AG
Premier teams are doing excellent all wins only one tie.
All sitting at the top of their group

Group B is drunk!
1. Shaktar 4
2. Gladbach 2
3. Inter 2
4. Real Madrid 1
deadbq03
AG
Why does UEFA always seem to schedule two ho-hum games (relatively speaking, don't nit pick here) for the early slot and then load up the later slot with the best matchups? Seems like they could get more eyeballs watching games (and commercial content between the games) if they had at a marquee matchup in each slot.

Reminds me of college football 15-20 years ago when the 11 AM games were all garbage.
ptothemo
AG
I think that the scheduling has just as much to do with geography and time zones than anything else. You most often see the early slot games where the home side is in Eastern Europe and then you get the games with Western European home sides in the later slot. Western Europe just has more teams and definitely more high-end teams.
deadbq03
AG
Good point. Never noticed that before.

I'll go yell at some clouds now.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
deadbq03 said:

Reminds me of college football 15-20 years ago when the 11 AM games were all garbage.
Or the EPL until this year or the NFL forever. EPL: 1 match at 6:30 am central, 7 matches at 9:00, 1 match at 11:00; 1 match on Sunday. NFL: basically the whole league at noon Sunday, 2 afternoon games, one night game, one Monday night game.

I've always been a little surprised by various leagues' failure to spread their content over more time slots.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Random musing while listening to the 2 Robbie this morning, how long has England gotten 4 spots in the CL? Since they expanded the CL in 99? I haven't been paying attention to English soccer that long.
deadbq03
AG
blindey said:

deadbq03 said:

Or the EPL until this year or the NFL forever. EPL: 1 match at 6:30 am central, 7 matches at 9:00, 1 match at 11:00; 1 match on Sunday. NFL: basically the whole league at noon Sunday, 2 afternoon games, one night game, one Monday night game.

I've always been a little surprised by various leagues' failure to spread their content over more time slots.
Yeah that's true in the Bundesliga as well.

They tried to expand to Mondays and were met with this:
https://www.dw.com/en/bundesliga-monday-games-to-be-discontinued-as-fan-protests-persist/a-46390559

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
deadbq03 said:

blindey said:

deadbq03 said:

Yeah that's true in the Bundesliga as well.

They tried to expand to Mondays and were met with this:
https://www.dw.com/en/bundesliga-monday-games-to-be-discontinued-as-fan-protests-persist/a-46390559

Zee Germans haven't come to grips with the value of their product as televised entertainment. Or to be a little more accurate, the (effectively) fan-controlled clubs in Germany haven't come to grips with the value of their product as televised entertainment.

So the fans -- who have a lot of control -- gripe and vote in favor of the fan experience ahead of TV revenue that would otherwise serve to improve the product on the field. It's a bit myopic but it is what it is. They'll start to care if they can't compete in the market for talent but right now that doesn't seem to be a problem.
deadbq03
AG
As a Leipzig fan, I'm well versed in the Germans' strong resistance to corporate influences, the 50+1 rule, etc.
deadbq03
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Premier teams are doing excellent all wins only one tie.
All sitting at the top of their group

Group B is drunk!
1. Shaktar 4
2. Gladbach 2
3. Inter 2
4. Real Madrid 1
Gladbach is getting things off to a great start today.

Now we need a Real-Inter draw to keep this madness going.
deadbq03
AG
Man, Salzburg is getting robbed.
Ag-in-a-Box
AG
In a losing effort (so far) for Atalanta against Liverpool, Zapata has been very unlucky not to score. The Columbian looks dangerous.
Mustang1
AG
deadbq03 said:

Now 2-2
deadbq03
AG
Well Bayern deserve the result now, for sure. Great substitutions and effort to close out the game.

But VAR botched it twice in Bayern's favor in the first half though - the handball should've been looked at and probably deserved to be a PK for Salzburg and there was an offside in the buildup to Bayern's 2nd goal.
Rudyjax
AG
Mustang1 said:

deadbq03 said:

Now 2-2

That got ugly quickly.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.