Possible USMNT November Friendlies against Wales and Australia

1,452 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mrmill3218
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Gregg Berhalter's side is lining up a friendly against Wales in London, with Australia also being in consideration, USMNT defender Sergino Dest told reporters during a zoom call on Monday. U.S. Soccer did not confirm the friendlies, but a November camp is set to feature European based players only, according to the report.

Just glad things are moving tentatively forward for the Euro based player pool.

Possible Nov Friendlies
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Idk3
AG
Great so another opportunity for Berhalter to ruin the young talent
akm91
AG
WhiteWalker3 said:

Great so another opportunity for Berhalter to ruin the young talent
How has he ruined the young talent?
Idk3
AG
He is mgr of the squad, them practicing and playing under him is like our OLine with Christensen as the coach. The guy is terrible and more he gets to be in charge the worse it will get
akm91
AG
Not trying to be a PITA but can you list some examples where he's actually ruined the players?
Aggies1322
AG
Finally the golden age? Dest, Pulisic, Reyna, Adams, McKennie, Steffen, Antonee.. etc.
jeffk
AG
G-regg will be our USMNT coach at least through the 2022 WC, so it's probably best just to make your peace with that.
Smokedraw01
I'm no soccer savant but how has he ruined young talent? How many matches has he coached?
deadbq03
AG
"Squander" or "waste" might the verb you're looking for, but definitely not "ruin."

These guys will develop and progress at their clubs regardless of what happens to USMNT.

Our next coach won't suffer from "ruined" talent. His challenge will be to find a good tactic, mentality, etc that weaves all this individual talent into a cohesive team. The talent will be there regardless of what Berhalter does.
wangus12
AG
Yeah he's not ruining the players. He's just a poor tactician that usually has the team set up poorly and rarely adjusts to the match.
Smokedraw01
wangus12 said:

Yeah he's not ruining the players. He's just a poor tactician that usually has the team set up poorly and rarely adjusts to the match.
I'm curious if that is the case or if he's pushing a system for them to play with no matter the opponent, at this point. So we're going to play out of the back no matter what because we need the repetition but as we get closer to qualifying and the World Cup, we'll focus on being flexible.
Idk3
AG
Ok, he's not ruining them maybe wasting is better term. Either way Franchione's coaching in the 77-0 beating by BlowU was miles better than anything Greg has done as USMNT coach
Pahdz
Eaaaaasy killer
jeffk
AG
Lol. Okay, Klinsmann.
Idk3
AG
Somebody name a single accomplishment since he was gifted the job.
mrmill3218
AG
Aggies1322 said:

Finally the golden age? Dest, Pulisic, Reyna, Adams, McKennie, Steffen, Antonee.. etc.

Golden age with a terrible manager. Such a pity.
Smokedraw01
WhiteWalker3 said:

What accomplishments have been available?
jeffk
AG
WhiteWalker3 said:

I mean, I'm not a G-regg superfan, but he's 12-5-2 and hasn't really had a lot of highly meaningful games under his belt. I personally don't think he's going to be the one to take this group of talented young players to the next level or win a bunch of trophies, but I he's more meh than the dumpster fire you describe. Which is sort of depressing argument to have anyway. Now I'm sad.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I'd rather Ted Lasso be coach than Berhalter
PatAg
AG
WhiteWalker3 said:

Dumpstered Canada in the nations league 2nd leg

This year he will have plenty of chances to prove himself
mrmill3218
AG
WhiteWalker3 said:

I think the big issue is that he doesn't have a single accomplishment in his entire coaching career. He was a little over .500 in his MLS career. We hired a guy who hadn't won anything over a guy who successfully managed Barcelona.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.