* Liverpool 2020-2021 Thread *

52,336 Views | 1183 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jeffk
FriedTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
toucan82
LET'S ****ING GO
ChipFTAC01
AG
Messy goal but it counts.

I wonder if Rhys Williams would have stayed on if Big Nat hadn't just kept rolling after his knock.
FriedTex
AG
It took me like 20 minutes to notice Firmino was in the game
FriedTex
AG
Harry Kane's equalizer was excellent
toucan82
booyah!!!!!!
Out in Left Field
AG
All according to plan
FriedTex
AG
Awesome game
jeffk
AG
Man... what a season. Zero trophies, but it feels like a huge accomplishment clawing our way back into CL qualification after the disastrous 2021 we had. Turning things around this past month was a lot of fun to see. Really hope Gini stays but I would bet he doesn't.

Two non play-related things: 1) I actually really liked the new red kits in person. Accents look pretty sharp in the close up shots but really aren't visible from the TV wide view. And 2) it's so good to see fans back in the stands.
ChipFTAC01
AG
That definitely didn't sound like knly 10k fans.
AG@RICE
AG
If that was Gini's last contribution as an LFC player, no one can ever question his quality or contribution to the club.

People blasted him for not celebrating Allison's goal, but without him I'm not sure they win these last 2. Tough, smart unlimited energy. I hope to see him in red next year.
YNWA_AG
AG
AG@RICE said:

If that was Gini's last contribution as an LFC player, no one can ever question his quality or contribution to the club.

People blasted him for not celebrating Allison's goal, but without him I'm not sure they win these last 2. Tough, smart unlimited energy. I hope to see him in red next year.

His goal to get us into the champs league and the 2 goals in the Barca comeback is enough for me to never have to question his Liverpool legacy. He also scored in my only game I saw at Anfield.
ChipFTAC01
AG
In the Barca game didn't he come on at about the 59th minute and then scored a brace in about 3'?
Mustang1
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

In the Barca game didn't he come on at about the 59th minute and then scored a brace in about 3'?
He came on at halftime. Scored both goals within 15 min.
OregonAggie
AG
I'll always root for Gini. He's gotten a lot more attention and praise over the last 2 years and it's well deserved. I think he was underrated over his time here.

I noticed his lack of celebration for Alisson's goal but it didn't bug me at all. Dude works his tail off every single game
ChipFTAC01
AG
Well written article from the times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/23/sports/soccer/liverpool-champions-league.html
eiggA2002
AG
Sounds like the Ibrahima Konate deal is done and LFC won't be exercising the option on Kabak. I felt like the price for Kabak was so low it was almost a sure thing based on what happened this year with injuries.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Henderson and Trent both named to the preliminary roster for the Euros
deadbq03
AG
eiggA2002 said:

Sounds like the Ibrahima Konate deal is done and LFC won't be exercising the option on Kabak. I felt like the price for Kabak was so low it was almost a sure thing based on what happened this year with injuries.
I agree with you. As a Leipzig fan, I feel like this is a fantastic deal. Honestly not sure why y'all did it, especially considering how ho-hum Keita has been. This deal feels the exact same as that one for me - I like the player but I like the money we're getting way more.
jeffk
AG
Y'all want me to start the 21-22 thread or does someone else want to take a crack at it?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Who started the 19-20 thread?
jeffk
AG
Yours truly.
ChipFTAC01
AG
What about the 18-19 thread? The 83-84 thread also had some good MOJO.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Looking at the list of seasons, it's pretty incredible with 19 titles and 7 cups they've only won one domestic double.
jeffk
AG
I've started the season thread since 2016-17.
joemeister
AG
Sounds like you've found your TexAgs calling then. We don't want to take that away from you.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Putting my kids to bed, my 4.5 year old son has what we call "brain dumps" of random thought or opinions, often from events that happened months ago.

Tonight he rolls over and whispers, "Dad...we won't be able to watch Liverpool until August."

He then rolls over and passes out.
jeffk
AG
I think you started them before me. You're the OG.
AG@RICE
AG
The offseason is for hopes and dreams....

jeffk
AG
New season, new thread:

https://texags.com/forums/51/topics/3201582/replies/59376077#59376077

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.