Champions League Quarterfinal Draw

7,334 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by EconAg18
deadbq03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
akm91
AG
It'll be really interesting to see how PSG does given the fact they haven't played a competitive match since March. I do seriously hope they go down in flames!
deadbq03
AG
akm91 said:

It'll be really interesting to see how PSG does given the fact they haven't played a competitive match since March. I do seriously hope they go down in flames!
Me too, but man, they probably got the easiest draw. Atalanta in the quarters and Leipzig/Atletico in the semis.

Leipzig may be a shell of itself by the time the competition resumes. Timo Werner's transfer to Chelsea is a massive blow, obviously, but more losses could be coming. Their best CB Upamecano is a target for several clubs right now, although Leipzig aren't willing to budge on the release clause and it may be too high for all but Chelsea and their endless Russian money. They also have two key players on loans (Schick, from Roma; Angelino from City) that they're trying to get extended, but if the deals fall through it'll be a pretty big loss. They also will have not played for nearly 7 weeks when Aug 13 rolls around thanks to the Bundesliga's earlier start and end.
ptothemo
AG
It's just one match, but PSG do have the Coupe de France final in a couple of weeks. Your point about March definitely stands even with that, though.

Also, I wouldn't want anything to do with Atalanta in cup competition. They might give up four goals, they might score five, they might do both. Absolutely nothing to lose for them.
deadbq03
AG
Schedule for Champions League and Europa League:

Mathguy64
AG
https://awfulannouncing.com/cbs/you-shouldnt-be-shocked-or-outraged-that-most-of-the-rest-of-this-years-champions-league-and-europa-league-are-paywalled.html

CBS is taking over from turner sports. Looks like all but three games are behind a paywall.
wangus12
AG
Typical media. Trying to tell me what I should and shouldn't be outraged at
deadbq03
AG
Good find. I wasn't paying attention.

At least BR Live hasn't been charging since the Covid shutdown, and it looks like CBS All Access is cheaper than that trash was, so I suppose it's a win for me.

With all the changes this year, media rights probably merit having their own separate thread. Between this and Bundesliga switching from Fox to ESPN and NBC switching from Gold to Peacock, a lot of folks are affected by new media deals (I suppose NBC/Peacock isn't a new league deal, but it is a new consumer platform).
deadbq03
AG
And looking back at the thread - that BR Live tweet is very confusing. They seem awfully excited about something they didn't have rights to broadcast anymore since the deal was done in late June. I fully anticipated to be watching on their stream again based on that tweet.
deadbq03
AG
mathguy86 said:

https://awfulannouncing.com/cbs/you-shouldnt-be-shocked-or-outraged-that-most-of-the-rest-of-this-years-champions-league-and-europa-league-are-paywalled.html

CBS is taking over from turner sports. Looks like all but three games are behind a paywall.
Heads up, you can get a free one month trial to CBS All-Access if you sign up for the annual subscription. They don't really advertise it until you actually select annual subscription, but I just signed up and it said I won't be charged if I cancel before 9/6.

Would be a good way to get free access for these August CL/EL matches.

Speaking of which... Sevilla is absolutely dominating Roma so far in their single-elimination neutral-site match.
gambochaman
AG
so like what channel are today's games on?!?!
KCup17
AG
Looks like they are on CBS All Access.
Mathguy64
AG
CBSSN is showing City v RM on directv.
gambochaman
AG
Ty friends
jeffk
AG
Loving the baby gender reveal look of City vs Real.
NASAg03
socceronline.me. Been watching every game while working from home. Works on mobile as well.

Just get your pop-up blocker ready.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
NASAg03
jeffk said:

Loving the baby gender reveal look of City vs Real.
I think babies would make better defensive decisions than Real Madrid. What are they doing?!?!
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
jeffk
AG
Yikes. Real just rolling over for City.
Mathguy64
AG
jeffk said:

Yikes. Real just rolling over for City.
Well they have an advantage. Courtois is in goal for RM.
Mathguy64
AG
RM and Juve out.
gambochaman
AG
Crazy day
Aston94
AG
I am no Juventus supporter, and don't care that they are out, but it seems harsh to lose on away goals when you played on the road in front of a full stadium and then your home match was played in front of no one?
jeffk
AG
Champions of England, Italy, and Spain all out.
gambochaman
AG
Also the penalty given to Lyon was ridiculous and even more
Ridiculous that it wasnt overturned with var
Mathguy64
AG
gambochaman said:

Also the penalty given to Lyon was ridiculous and even more
Ridiculous that it wasnt overturned with var

The Juve one for handling was bad. The one the Lyon got wasn't for the tackle on the ball. It was a trip right before than on another defender. It was soft but it was there. The commentators are Focused on the tackle.
jeffk
AG
Why are you capitalized now?
Mathguy64
AG
Look at you paying attention and all.

Someone the Astros thread was complaining that he thought the 86 in mathguy86 referred to me being born in 86. It's my class year; I was born in '64 and that blew his mind. So being mostly through my second Manhattan of the night I agreed to change it. And somehow I didn't pay attention to the cap at the start. And now I'm stuck with it for 6 months.

And now you know the rest of the story.
jeffk
AG
FASCINATING
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Mathguy64 said:

blew his mind.

And now you know the rest of the story.
Physically straight but mentally gay?
Mathguy64
jeffk
AG
Everyone have Barca and Bayern advancing today?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Aston94 said:

I am no Juventus supporter, and don't care that they are out, but it seems harsh to lose on away goals when you played on the road in front of a full stadium and then your home match was played in front of no one?

And then firing saari after winning the league? I suppose the bar gets set pretty high when you win the league for a decade straight.
wangus12
AG
And hiring Andrea Pirlo to be manager
jeffk
AG
He must have had a hell of a week with those U23s!
DeangeloVickers
AG
The VAR booth is drunk
1st Barca goal was a foul
Messi second goal (disallowed) didn't touch hand
PK decision was beyond awful... No way that's a foul on Koulibaly

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.