***2020 Summer Transfer Thread***

2,283 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Legal Custodian
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's a little bit of news: It's been heavily rumored for a while now, but ESPN is reporting Leroy Sane is leaving Man City for Bayern.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4124981/leroy-sane-leaving-manchester-city-for-bayern-munich-sources

Mia San Mia!
EconAg18
AG
Interested to see what happens with Havertz. Would love to have him in Munich, but I can't see us spending over 100M for him right now. Maybe in a year, but I think Chelsea swoops in and grabs him this summer.
KCup17
AG
If Thiago wants to leave then maybe his sale could provide some cash for a move on Havertz. Chelsea are really throwing out money this window. Already have Ziyech and Werner.
PatAg
AG
A lot of clubs are hurting financially, going to be a unique transfer window
akm91
AG
There's the swap between Juve and Barca with Arthur going to Juve and Pjanic heading to Barca.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Just saw an article about Westin Mckennie maybe moving to chelsea.
akm91
AG
Saw an article speculating a move to Liverpool. Hope he goes to another Bundesliga club that'll give him better opportunity to be regular starter and help him hone his game more.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah, as much as I'd like for there to be an American star at Liverpool both for the US' sake and as a Liverpool fan I don't see him getting any sort of regular minutes. I just want our players (meaning rhe usmnt) to be at the best club they can be at where they can start most of their games against the best possible competition. If that means they top out at MLS or France or the Eredivisie then so be it. It doesn't do America much good at all to have one of their stars barely seeing the pitch even if they are playing in London or Munich or Madrid.
EconAg18
AG
Speaking of McKennie, I saw this tweet and thought it was interesting. Not exactly focused around the summer transfer window, but interesting nonetheless.

wangus12
AG
I don't really see that team on the right playing that way for several more years. No way does Berhalter go with that much youth.
EconAg18
AG
If nothing else I think it goes to show the future of the national team and their club association. Even Richards got his senior debut with Bayern, and there is a decent chance Dest ends up at Bayern too. Fingers crossed this trend continues!
EconAg18
AG
akm91
AG
I don't see Weah, Reyna and Robinson in the starting lineup in the immediate future. Sargent starting is also questionable, depending on Altidore's health.
KCup17
AG
Robinson probably has the highest chances to start from that group. Has made the EFL Championship Team of the week twice in the last 3 weeks and since returning from his heart procedure has retained his starting spot.
chjoak
AG
EconAg18 said:

Would like to see him in England. Think the physical style would fit him well. I've seen Liverpool & Chelsea linked but would prefer he goes to a club where his prospects for starting are greater.
EconAg18
AG
Yeah I saw more stuff about him and Liverpool this morning. I agree with you though that he should go somewhere that he'll be more of a mainstay in the starting lineup

Hansi Flick apparently loves Chris Richards and has told him he'll mostly be with the first team for Bayern next season if he doesn't leave. Will be interesting to see what happens there
Rudyjax
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Just saw an article about Westin Mckennie maybe moving to chelsea.
I would love to see him play at the club level with Pulisic.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Is like to see him at a good mid table side that maybe has Europe aspirations. Wolves would be great as lots of games to be played hopefully. Maybe Sheffield, Everton or Arsenal?
chjoak
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Is like to see him at a good mid table side that maybe has Europe aspirations. Wolves would be great as lots of games to be played hopefully. Maybe Sheffield, Everton or Arsenal?
Wolves MF is a bit stacked at the moment and Nuno is very partial to Portuguese players.

With Sheffield I would worry that they are a bit of a flash in the pan. Kind of like Leicester when they won the league (Leicester the following year was not good). The question is do they improve their squad like Leicester eventually did or do they try to run with what they've got.

Think both Everton and Arsenal could be good options. Both have MF situations that are begging for a strong player to step up.
chjoak
AG
EconAg18 said:

Yeah I saw more stuff about him and Liverpool this morning. I agree with you though that he should go somewhere that he'll be more of a mainstay in the starting lineup

Hansi Flick apparently loves Chris Richards and has told him he'll mostly be with the first team for Bayern next season if he doesn't leave. Will be interesting to see what happens there
Hearing that Arsenal is trying to make a run at Richards but Flick doesn't want to let him go.
akm91
AG
Chelsea should be making a run at Richards. They need all the center back help they can get!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Everton and USA supporter here. Would love to see ya pick him up. At his price point there's almost no downside and Ancelotti would have a great impact on him.
chjoak
AG
blindey said:

Everton and USA supporter here. Would love to see ya pick him up. At his price point there's almost no downside and Ancelotti would have a great impact on him.
My one concern with Everton is that I really question how much a developer Ancelotti is. Everywhere he has been successful has been with a veteran roster.
Legal Custodian
AG
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11683/12046407/sheffield-united-close-in-on-wigans-antonee-robinson-four-pl-clubs-want-john-lundstram

Sheffield United apparently agree with Wigan for US National LB Antonee Robinson for around 2mil pounds. Will have to battle it out with 30yr old Enda Stevens for minutes. Enda was second on the team in minutes this past season so it will be a tough draw.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Google keeps suggesting articles about Kane to United. Is that just click bait?
Legal Custodian
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Google keeps suggesting articles about Kane to United. Is that just click bait?
I have to think that's just click bait. That would be huge news if that rumor was even out there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.